The ultimate false dawn?

K.A.I

I've purposely stayed off here the last couple of weeks in the build up to this game for my own reasons (mainly I felt myself getting drawn into arguments with decent people/posters over their opinions of certain players and where they thought we were at overall)

Today was just another false dawn.

We are nowhere near celtic's level no matter how many people want to big up guys like Goss, Docherty, Taverneir, Bates, Foderingham, Murty, Allen, Jimmy Nicholl, Morelos etc after a run of wins against the best of the rest of what Scotland has to offer. 

and I say that as someone who likes Murty, thinks Nicholl was a sensible appointment and also someone wasn't bothered that we knocked back 11-million for Morelos - so I'm going to use hindsight on this one and say we should have sold him - again I'll stress with the benefit of hindsight. He's an OK player but big players, the type of big players with big characters we need buries that chance to chance to make it 3-2 minutes before they go up the park and make it 3-2 likewise at celtic Park in the 0-0 but was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt in that but I think now he's not all that.... as for Murty and Nicholl they are simply stand-in's to do a job, they are OK, but it's a level of our ambition and where we are still at as a club embracing "OK" and I've been guilty of it myself but no more... 6-wins in a row against teams who are beneath us always papers over the cracks. This was the test and they failed. AGAIN.

Murty can't get the job beyond the season now. He just can't. He made some big mistakes today. First one that springs to mind is Morelos over Cummings after the respective performances from them last week and Cummings attitude last week in the build-up to this game saying big games is where he excels etc.

We were a totally different team the second half. Why? the first half our passes and our long balls were measured and with intent, but from the first seconds of the second half we went aimless. That second half was like having Pedro or Warburton in the dugout again.

For them to go down to 10-men with 35-minutes to go and them to still win it and them to have the midfield is fucking pathetic.

Goss and Docherty - Goss has done better than I thought he would coming in overall, but anyone I've spoke to the past couple of weeks about this game I've specifically mentioned both of them to everyone and made the point that Docherty isn't a footballer to me - he's an engine and an athlete with limited actual footballing ability & Goss is someone who can spray passes about when he's on his game with no pressure - that's literally it. To think that they could step up and make an impression on that celtic midfield is beyond neive.

I don't even buy the line about celtic bullying us - they didn't. Not this time. They were shite and we let a team that shite come to Ibrox and win - with 10 men.

Their first goal especially Foderingham was a joke. It was a good hit but it wasn't exactly a rocket into the top corner, he was caught off his line and the ball curled under and beyond him into the net. I've not seen the third one back so will hold my water on that one but I wouldn't be surprised if that was likewise as he looked nervous and ropey all game.

Less said about the concentration levels at the back for the equaliser on half-time the better.

This isn't me coming back on after 2-weeks just to make a negative post and to slate people - it's how I saw the game and how I thought it would pan out in advance of it.

I know it's said many a time and it harps back to the same old line about proper investment. Serious investment (as promised by King) ... guys from Hamilton, QPR reserves, the Cardiff bench etc just won't cut it and never will irrespective of many wee runs of wins against Falkirk, St Johnstone and Ayr we get under our belt before the big test.

Another rebuild in the summer, hopefully but also regretably but I don't think for one minute we will get it right this time either. Hope they enjoy their 9/10 in a row the inbred child molesting bastards. We've handed them it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a false dawn for me mate

The league was gone after the hibs game at ibrox,the fact that we were still in it till today was more to do with them being shite.

2 center halfs and a manager in the summer and I honestly think we'll be there or there abouts.

We really need to rethink the centre forward position as well,we CAN'T miss chances like we did today.

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Hmmm I think it’s a very average celtic 11, we threw the game today not them winning it IMO. As I’ve said in other threads goals change games and the chances Morelos missed celtic would have scored. 

It is an average celtic team but they did win it. We didn't do nearly enough to win it - they did - and the fact they are so shite but still done it says a lot more about us.

Rather than it being a false dawn I personally believe we have been getting carried away as to where we are at, after 2 5-1 gubbings and 2 bad defeats in semi finals we are closing the gap....yes their are issues with parts of today's game but let's not be kidded we have slung that game today....the worrying thing is we couldn't beat them when they were there for the taking.

I don’t think celtic are that good... i just think we are that bad. 

Our achilles heel has been defending and that was again noticable today.  In front of goal we were just as poor as last week with the difference being Cummings took his chances. 

Morelos’ miss today was a very poor one and i hope Cummings will have a chance now. 

We don't have as good a squad as them but neither has Kilmarnock or Hearts who absolutely pumped them,we simply bottled it on the day from the manager to the players he selected.

That mongo Brown sums it up for me he always turns up against us and since the days of Walter Smith we haven't found a player with the character to stand up to him.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

fucking average taig team at best don't understand the fucking aura about them.

They are very average there is no argument about that but for all that they looked more composed and passed the ball better and even with ten men looked better than us imo and I find that very worrisome.

We have closed the gap player wise from previous years but we are still behind and will strengthen in the summer but so will they and they have the cash we don’t.

The close season I see the most important one yet with recruiting a good management team and player recruitment we can’t keep playing catch up.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

That mongo Brown sums it up for me he always turns up against us and since the days of Walter Smith we haven't found a player with the character to stand up to him.

Haven't found a ref to book the bastard for persistent fouling either but I must admit it was not the refs fault today. The blame is squarely with our team and management.

Ive got a feeling the board are desperate to hand Murty the job.

A win today and the fans would have been all for it but now that the league is gone, securing second place will be their new reason to stitch us up with another inadequate manager.

Murty should stay, but as a coach working under someone else.

Good to see you posting again KAI. :tu:

2 minutes ago, soulboy said:

This defeat maybe a blessing in disguise as if we got too close to them this season they would have went out in the summer and spent big, now they will feel they don't have to.

Clutching at straws there, they will spend this Summer.

Some of the comments on here are embarrassing imo yes we weren’t great today defence cost us big time but calling for Murtys head after this is wrong there’s a host of first team players out injured the bench looked weak today there wasn’t one player Cummings aside I would have confidence in to come on and Change the game I agree subs should have been made much earlier on and we should have changed shape but don’t forget what he’s done since January we’ve been playing some of the best football I’ve seen in a good while I feel we’re still lacking good quality in areas but give him a summer transfer window and I reckon we’ll be better off Just seems like a revolving door few bad results folk are calling for the sack how many managers must we go through ? 

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

Clutching at straws there, they will spend this Summer.

Of course they will spend but not nearly as much as they would have if we had been less than 5 behind.

How much did they spend last summer it was next to fuck all because they were so far ahead so it will be the same this summer as they will now finish at least 10 points ahead.

8 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

Yet we can't beat 10 of them after taking the lead in 2 mins. We're years away.

no we we're beating them when they had 11 men defence is a fucking joke tight defence they dont score 2 of those goals are the fault of shite defending not skill.

We have no bottle and have a youth coach leading us. Those two together sequel no titles.

We have spent fortunes on utter shite and paying off the same utter shite while rebuild after rebuild has meant we are in a never ending spiral of medicrity.

The only thing to turn it around is money which we don't have and wise recruitment from the board which we also don't have or haven't seen for a long time if we do.

They were shite today and at the back it's one of the worst Tim teams I can remember but yet we still get turned over and to make it worse it was against 10 men, that's simply not on and Murtys time is up as far as I'm concerned. He will stay on though cause we are skint but I see a huge shift in attitude when (it's not an if anymore u less you are deluded) they knock us out the cup. Then the pressure is on the board big time again.