The ultimate false dawn?

K.A.I

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’re not nowhere near them lol that’s just an idiotic statement to make. 

Cba going back and forth on it or explaining posts 1000 words long but to say we’re nowhere near them is absolute nonsense

Well maybe you should explain then because the bigger picture is simply we created some chances, took the lead twice, they were awful, down to 10-men for more than a third of the game and still run out winners with ease and at our home crowd when we were full of confidence and they were meant to be on the ropes. What does that tell you? imagine us on our best day and imagine them on their best day - we are nowhere near them. I'm comfortable saying it because it's the truth even if it hurts and angers me.

Anyone that thinks we are close to them is deluded.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two poor sides but thought I hate to say it celtic were better today than us. There was not a CB  on show today in either team. We lost it in midfield. Windass scored a great goal then did his disappearing act. From what I could see he was meant to pressure Brown but never got within 15 yrds of him. Murphy, Docherty and Goss making their Old Firm debuts the game appeared to pass them by. Morelos worked hard as usual but missed the chances when he had them - again . Not a good habit to have against celtic. We just have got to knuckle down and hope we get a performance in the Semi Final. Hard one to take today. I am pissing off away from this for a few days . Bad day where I had decent hopes.

9 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Some of the comments on here are embarrassing imo yes we weren’t great today defence cost us big time but calling for Murtys head after this is wrong there’s a host of first team players out injured the bench looked weak today there wasn’t one player Cummings aside I would have confidence in to come on and Change the game I agree subs should have been made much earlier on and we should have changed shape but don’t forget what he’s done since January we’ve been playing some of the best football I’ve seen in a good while I feel we’re still lacking good quality in areas but give him a summer transfer window and I reckon we’ll be better off Just seems like a revolving door few bad results folk are calling for the sack how many managers must we go through ? 

Who's calling for Murty's head in this thread? who's said sack him? that's not the tone I'm getting from this thread.

Excellent post.

The ultimate false dawn. The players we have lauded on here shat it today. Docherty Murphy Goss Morelos Windass. Your chance was today. Once again it was proven that we have recruited well below Celtics level. Clear out needed in summer. I will admit it is far harder to accept being let down by our apparent own. Rangers fans yes, Rangers quality, no. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Who's calling for Murty's head in this thread? who's said sack him? that's not the tone I'm getting from this thread.

I’m not just talking about in this thread but if you have a look at other topics there’s quite a few 

Just now, MARK92GERS said:

I’m not just talking about in this thread but if you have a look at other topics there’s quite a few 

Why not post it in the other threads then instead of the one where it's not going on? don't understand it?

Just now, MARK92GERS said:

Yes he's not good enough so shouldn't last beyond the season. 

Is that calling for his head if so count me in 

Gutted. 

I was maybe Lucky that I couldn’t watch the game due to work. So with the benefit of not having seen the failings today I can only comment on what everyone is saying  

Based on what youse are all saying, we can’t just look past the fact that we have an inexperienced team and an inexperienced manager. Goss, Doch, Morelos, Cardoso and Murty seem to be getting it. All young and inexperienced. All probably naive. We are obviously not a million miles from them. docherty will learn.  Goss will learn but not to our benefit, so he will be replaced with someone like Jack/McCrorie/Doran’s. 

Cardoso wouldn’t have been playing but for injury but anyway our CB position needs replaced with someone better, either a new buy or McCrorie. 

Morelos is still a kid and has a lot of development to do if he is ever going to be worth the silly money folk were throwing around a month ago. I personally doubt he ever will be but still at 21 he is never going to be the finished article. 

Murty. Good youth team coach. Still a long way off what we need. Let’s go get Steve Clarke

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We have made remarkable progress. 5-1-this Time last season to that today gutted but progress has been made undoubtedly

Your definition of remarkable differs from mine. They were much better in the 5-1 game than they were today - if they had Armstrong, Griffiths playing today and playing as well as they did in that game it would have been a different story. It looks like progress because of the tighter scoreline but that was celtic on a terrible day and down to ten men.

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Two decent centre backs and we're winning that game everytime. 

Cardoso is atrocious and did I hear correctly before the game that Alves said that Caixinha should have been given more time?

Apologies if I heard him wrong but if he did say it then he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Cardoso is atrocious and did I hear correctly before the game that Alves said that Caixinha should have been given more time?

Apologies if I heard him wrong but if he did say it then he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

He needs to be punted with all haste due.

Nowhere near good enough for Rangers.

7 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Gutted. 

I was maybe Lucky that I couldn’t watch the game due to work. So with the benefit of not having seen the failings today I can only comment on what everyone is saying  

Based on what youse are all saying, we can’t just look past the fact that we have an inexperienced team and an inexperienced manager. Goss, Doch, Morelos, Cardoso and Murty seem to be getting it. All young and inexperienced. All probably naive. We are obviously not a million miles from them. docherty will learn.  Goss will learn but not to our benefit, so he will be replaced with someone like Jack/McCrorie/Doran’s. 

Cardoso wouldn’t have been playing but for injury but anyway our CB position needs replaced with someone better, either a new buy or McCrorie. 

Morelos is still a kid and has a lot of development to do if he is ever going to be worth the silly money folk were throwing around a month ago. I personally doubt he ever will be but still at 21 he is never going to be the finished article. 

Murty. Good youth team coach. Still a long way off what we need. Let’s go get Steve Clarke

Oh, so the third best taig hoopy supporting manager in the land will sort us, aye?!

I truly fucking despair.

there are areas where they still look quicker and sharper - particularly going forward - they always seem to create too many chances.

I'll say it till I am blue in the face - we cant keep expecting our centre midfield to make up for the deficiencies in the centre of our defence.