K.A.I

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Trust me, I'm not well chuffed.

If we had defended better today and took additional chances we would have won, we are not as far as people are making out but I put that down to disappointment because alot of people thought today would be the day.

A decent Manager and we win today.

I think Bates staying on today would have made a difference. However we will need the midfield to turn up for the full game in the Semi Final for us to win it. By the looks of it our Centre backs will be Alves and Martin at best it would appear Bates and McCorie will not be fit . Just hope Cardoso is not in the equation he is not physical enough for this league. 

17 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've purposely stayed off here the last couple of weeks in the build up to this game for my own reasons (mainly I felt myself getting drawn into arguments with decent people/posters over their opinions of certain players and where they thought we were at overall)

Today was just another false dawn.

Murty can't get the job beyond the season now. He just can't. He made some big mistakes today. 

It looks to me like you purposely stayed off the forum because the team were playing well and scoring plenty of goals, all it took was a defeat and you couldn't wait to come back on to tell us how shite you think we are. Anyone who has watched us in recent games can see the improvement in the team, the fact is things were going so well that for the first time in a long time many of us felt we had a good chance of beating them.

As much as the result was a huge dissapointment we weren't outclassed and weren't played off the park, we still require 2 or 3 quality additions to the team but without doubt we're heading in the direction.

To say after this defeat Murty now can't get the job beyond the season is nothing short of ridiculous. He is 3 months into the job after taking over a team incapable of winning 3 games in a row. He's had one transfer window and the overall improvement has been there for all to see. 

Do you believe that if we had brought in an experienced manager results such as yesterday's couldn't happen?

It’s psychological rather than a lack of ability. 

We just miss the winning mentality. We are playing a young side under a rookie coach and  That will come with time.

We have a much stronger mindset now than we did under Warburton and Pedro but it’s not there yet.

i understand and share the frustration but it’s hard to condem 21 year old players for making mistakes or lacking experience and being naive 

9 minutes ago, backup said:

Back in the early sixties we had a forward line that comprised of three 19 year olds a 20 year old and a 24 year old, age is a red herring, if they are good enough they are old enough, morelos isn’t good enough.

but hes good enough to be top scorer in the league?

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve scored the most goals in the league this season but conceded more than celtic, hibs, aberdeen & hearts. 

Until that is addressed nothing will change. 

I think there should be more emphasis on defense,  we may win against the diddy's but we also concede far to many. You look at Juve for instance, they take great pride in not conceding. The more clean sheets for the defense the more psychologically stronger the defenders get.

23 minutes ago, stevemac said:

but hes good enough to be top scorer in the league?

In a pub league such as the SPFL which only two teams are serious contenders, possibly against diddy teams, but he will still fail to deliver on the big stage that is old firm games imho.

12 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

If we had defended better today and took additional chances we would have won, we are not as far as people are making out but I put that down to disappointment because alot of people thought today would be the day.

12 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

If if if if if,we are fuckin miles away mate.before we get to the players the manager can't even get his formation right against teams who are strong in the midfield and actually play through their midfield.only hibs and the tims play this way in Scotland and we've been raped in the middle of the park in almost every fuckin game against them.we needed 3 in the middle in all these games and Murty played with two wide men instead .even Walter never played this way in difficult fixtures and he had good players to call on

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve scored the most goals in the league this season but conceded more than celtic, hibs, aberdeen & hearts. 

Until that is addressed nothing will change. 

It was the big worry for me going into the game yesterday, our backline has been piss poor for the last seven years. 

Seems to be two camps of thought that are polarizing us:

1. We are getting closer to celtic - progress is being made. Wholesale changes are not required - Murty is the right guy - 2 or 3 better players in the summer and the challenge is on! 

2. Just change Murty, he doesn’t have the experience to win a title - despite a good squad at his disposal. 

3. We are still nowhere near the standard of celtic, we bought cheap again and so need yet another clear out and an experienced Manager in place for the challenge next season. 

Those in the first 2 camps are optimists - I was in camp 1 up until yesterday. It’s true - we’re better than we were - if we judge ourselves against them - no way are we being thumped by 4 or 5 goals again. However, it’s small steps - and it’s not enough to win the title next season. 

I’m now in the third camp: Impatient and hungry. We need change fast - cannot stomach another false dawn, another ceptic treble, another defeat at Ibrox. We need to spend money on serious fucking talent (GK, 2 x CB, central midfield rock, striker/natural finisher....at least) and a manager/tactician that has been there and done it all before. Getting close is no good - we need to resume our place at the top next season without fail! 

I think we should all be in the 3rd camp after yesterday. Enough is enough. 4 wins on the trot at Ibrox is not acceptable - that stat changes everything for me. 

12 hours ago, ronniemca said:

If if if if if,we are fuckin miles away mate.before we get to the players the manager can't even get his formation right against teams who are strong in the midfield and actually play through their midfield.only hibs and the tims play this way in Scotland and we've been raped in the middle of the park in almost every fuckin game against them.we needed 3 in the middle in all these games and Murty played with two wide men instead .even Walter never played this way in difficult fixtures and he had good players to call on

We were a lot closer than we have done in an OF for years, we need to focus on the positives moving forward to the semi which is more than winnable.

On 11/03/2018 at 14:25, K.A.I said:

I've purposely stayed off here the last couple of weeks in the build up to this game for my own reasons (mainly I felt myself getting drawn into arguments with decent people/posters over their opinions of certain players and where they thought we were at overall)

Today was just another false dawn.

We are nowhere near celtic's level no matter how many people want to big up guys like Goss, Docherty, Taverneir, Bates, Foderingham, Murty, Allen, Jimmy Nicholl, Morelos etc after a run of wins against the best of the rest of what Scotland has to offer. 

and I say that as someone who likes Murty, thinks Nicholl was a sensible appointment and also someone wasn't bothered that we knocked back 11-million for Morelos - so I'm going to use hindsight on this one and say we should have sold him - again I'll stress with the benefit of hindsight. He's an OK player but big players, the type of big players with big characters we need buries that chance to chance to make it 3-2 minutes before they go up the park and make it 3-2 likewise at celtic Park in the 0-0 but was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt in that but I think now he's not all that.... as for Murty and Nicholl they are simply stand-in's to do a job, they are OK, but it's a level of our ambition and where we are still at as a club embracing "OK" and I've been guilty of it myself but no more... 6-wins in a row against teams who are beneath us always papers over the cracks. This was the test and they failed. AGAIN.

Murty can't get the job beyond the season now. He just can't. He made some big mistakes today. First one that springs to mind is Morelos over Cummings after the respective performances from them last week and Cummings attitude last week in the build-up to this game saying big games is where he excels etc.

We were a totally different team the second half. Why? the first half our passes and our long balls were measured and with intent, but from the first seconds of the second half we went aimless. That second half was like having Pedro or Warburton in the dugout again.

For them to go down to 10-men with 35-minutes to go and them to still win it and them to have the midfield is fucking pathetic.

Goss and Docherty - Goss has done better than I thought he would coming in overall, but anyone I've spoke to the past couple of weeks about this game I've specifically mentioned both of them to everyone and made the point that Docherty isn't a footballer to me - he's an engine and an athlete with limited actual footballing ability & Goss is someone who can spray passes about when he's on his game with no pressure - that's literally it. To think that they could step up and make an impression on that celtic midfield is beyond neive.

I don't even buy the line about celtic bullying us - they didn't. Not this time. They were shite and we let a team that shite come to Ibrox and win - with 10 men.

Their first goal especially Foderingham was a joke. It was a good hit but it wasn't exactly a rocket into the top corner, he was caught off his line and the ball curled under and beyond him into the net. I've not seen the third one back so will hold my water on that one but I wouldn't be surprised if that was likewise as he looked nervous and ropey all game.

Less said about the concentration levels at the back for the equaliser on half-time the better.

This isn't me coming back on after 2-weeks just to make a negative post and to slate people - it's how I saw the game and how I thought it would pan out in advance of it.

I know it's said many a time and it harps back to the same old line about proper investment. Serious investment (as promised by King) ... guys from Hamilton, QPR reserves, the Cardiff bench etc just won't cut it and never will irrespective of many wee runs of wins against Falkirk, St Johnstone and Ayr we get under our belt before the big test.

Another rebuild in the summer, hopefully but also regretably but I don't think for one minute we will get it right this time either. Hope they enjoy their 9/10 in a row the inbred child molesting bastards. We've handed them it.

Only thing I disagree with you there is Docherty. He didn't have a good game on Sunday but there's player there. His assists in the St Johnstone and Hearts games were excellent. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Only thing I disagree with you there is Docherty. He didn't have a good game on Sunday but there's player there. His assists in the St Johnstone and Hearts games were excellent. 

Honestly don't see it. I don't see him offer us anything that maybe Holt doesn't - like Holt he's a good athlete with a good engine but actually footballing ability I really, really need convinced. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Honestly don't see it. I don't see him offer us anything that maybe Holt doesn't - like Holt he's a good athlete with a good engine but actually footballing ability I really, really need convinced. 

He's far from the finished article but I like him. He was on a hiding to nothing on Sunday with shitebags Goss, Alves and Cardoso around him. 

Docherty is one for the future. I think he's done well in the few games he's played taking into account how young he is and the stepping up to a club our size after Hamilton. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

He's far from the finished article but I like him. He was on a hiding to nothing on Sunday with shitebags Goss, Alves and Cardoso around him. 

Docherty is one for the future. I think he's done well in the few games he's played taking into account how young he is and the stepping up to a club our size after Hamilton. 

Time will tell. I'm willing to give him more time but I'd be amazed if he turned out a smash hit for us. 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Time will tell. I'm willing to give him more time but I'd be amazed if he turned out a smash hit for us. 

He’s stronger than Holt & doesn’t spend half his time on the floor.

Nor is every pass backwards & sideways.

I think there’s something to work with there & hope he can develop.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

He’s stronger than Holt & doesn’t spend half his time on the floor.

Nor is every pass backwards & sideways.

I think there’s something to work with there & hope he can develop.

That's the problem - we don't need and don't have the luxury of relying on players who have "something to work with" especially in games like yesterday. We need ready made, mentally rounded talent to be Rangers stars. We can't have potential and luxury in our starting XI - just can't - not just now especially.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's the problem - we don't need and don't have the luxury of relying on players who have "something to work with" especially in games like yesterday. We need ready made, mentally rounded talent to be Rangers stars. We can't have potential and luxury in our starting XI - just can't - not just now especially.

Definitely think he’s a good player and is an asset to the team but needs an experienced player alongside him to help him. In fact , a fuckin hate saying this, we need a player like the Lego muncher that will rally the whole team and get a few extra percent out of players and lift the team.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know mate - don’t get me started, especially on our £11.5m rated wonderboy!

That said, I think Greg has the graft & workrate already, the niceties can come in due course.

Far rather that, than a ‘strolling player’ like Goss, who has one pace & that’s U20’s level.

Or Windass, who might as well have been subbed once he’d scored.

(Took it very well, to be fair).

We’re not exactly suffering from an embarrassment of riches at the moment - I’d see GD as the one most likely to be of significant use to us.