What is required

We need 2 CBs to replace Alves and Cardoso a No10 with heart and fight ,a striker and 2 Center Midfielders. The midfield except Candeias did not show. Now some it's their first Old Firm game and that can pass you buy but we need the likes of Mccarthur in their. Windass can score but always goes missing when the going gets tough. You would not want him in the trenches with you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No he doesn't. McGregor's one fault with us was the amount of long-range shots he conceded. He was awful at them and always too far off his line when the shot leaves the players foot - like Foderingham today.

I think a better keeper keeps 2 of them out all about opinions tho

Just now, KingKirk said:

I think a better keeper keeps 2 of them out all about opinions tho

Yeah a better keeper does, I agree ... perhaps even all 3 including the 2nd one but I don't agree with the McGregor point - he was murder for long-range shots.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No he doesn't. McGregor's one fault with us was the amount of long-range shots he conceded. He was awful at them and always too far off his line when the shot leaves the players foot - like Foderingham today.

McGregor conceded a horrific one in the 4-2 ibrox game against them I think it was 

7 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

We need 2 CBs to replace Alves and Cardoso a No10 with heart and fight ,a striker and 2 Center Midfielders. The midfield except Candeias did not show. Now some it's their first Old Firm game and that can pass you buy but we need the likes of Mccarthur in their. Windass can score but always goes missing when the going gets tough. You would not want him in the trenches with you.

Our best player was Murphy, not even close.

100% correct about Foderingham. I’ve defended him for as long as he’s been at Rangers but that sums it up for me today.

There’s no point in being a good shot stopper to then concede all the time from long range efforts. That today and the two against Hibs have been in almost identical positions and he still isn’t prepared. Shite.

I'd bust the bank and (if possible) get Arfield and Mcarthur although I believe James might need some persuading at this moment .. they would be an instant upgrade on Goss and Docherty and would give us the drive and steel that we need to compete against celtic in these games.

Hope/Pray to God BR leaves celtic for Arsenal. You have clubs with revenue of 90m vs  30m. Without "front loaded investment" to quote our Walter Mitty Chairman I cannae see a solution. If you look at all the leagues around the world over a season there is a correlation with whoever spends most on players does best. What Leicester City did happens every 140 years but our league is much easier to win than the EPL in our favour. We only have one team to beat but they've stacked the cards so one sidedly via SPFL/SFA whilst we were coming back up the leagues I just don't believe we have a chance in hell. Also now having to win four qualifying games even if we win the SPFL makes it very difficult to get that £25m balloon payment from CL group stages. Even the £6m from Europa is pretty difficult to win with good teams in the qualifying rounds. Where's Kings offer document? Shouldn't it be out by now? One thing I do know for sure is we need DK and mini out. Parks have not stepped up either in fact the PC farce was down to them so those two can get to fuck too. Thinking about it is there anyone on that board with the deep pockets needed? Its basically the same board who got us into financial difficulties first time round. Will history soon repeat itself? Have we learned nothing as a support? Are we really that naive that we smoke the crack blindly the board keeps on handing out to us? Its pathetic.

2 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

3 CB’s, LB, 2 CM’s, CAM, 2 Wingers, 2 striker’s.

we have absolutely no depth, no match winners and nobody who can tackle.

Bit much would rather buy 3/4 quality players. That's what will make the difference.

We ain't to far away need a better quality of players in crucial areas and well be fine. 

Not the time for starting again

Have never thought fod was Rangers standard. Sort of clatters about like a big rickety string puppet when there is pressure on his goal, seems like he's nervous which cant inspire confidence in the defence. Not sure a better manager could improve him as a keeper whereas the squad we have now could be improved to be serious contenders with a quality experienced manager.The squad we have are obviously good enough to better any team in this league but I really dont rate fod a Rangers standard keeper.Needs replacing by better imo.

47 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

A new keeper

2 new CBs. 

1 CAM. 

Let me explain.

The keeper- I’m sorry, I’ve backed him to the absolute max since he came here, I maintain he’s probably the best in Scotland, but that doesn’t mean anything if he isn’t good enough for Rangers. As soon as their 3rd left his boot it was in, the keeper was getting nowhere near it. Their 2nd in no mans land again. 

Every single shot from outside the box has a more than likely chance of going in, it’s just not good enough, it really isn’t. 

Alves was ok today, Cardoso was a fucking joke yet again bullied like fuck. Bates is a great back up and a reliable player we need to address the CB position in the summer it’s absolutely imperative. 

CAM- I like Windass, he’s given us goals and assists consistently but fuck me the mentality isn’t there and you need it for games like that and throughout the season. We need someone who’ll give us the goals and assists and a bit of fucking dig in the middle of the park. Am sick of him going missing in the big games it’s absolutely not on. The only player that demanded the ball in the second half was Cummings and he was surrounded by their CBs. We need a bit of arrogance. 

Shoot me down at will, my opinion on the keeper is probably a minority but that’s my feeling and it has been since the Hibs game. We’ll wipe the floor with the rest of this shitehouse league and Aberdeen are aberdeen. It’ll eventually come down to the tarrier games and we need 10 fighters in front of a keeper who demands blood sweat and tears

Agree with nearly all of your post, I think Wes has improved a lot since he came but I rate him back up goalie quality.

Like Wes Windass has improved but again he is substitute quality at best, I'm hoping Dorrans will take his spot and be better. 

Bates I like and I think he is a great prospect but he young and is about 2 seasons away from being a first choice player, Cardoso would fit in well at a club like Hearts or Hibs.

I said in another post that if I were in charge I would blow the full summer budget on 2 decent CB' s, Alves I expect to leave in the summer and Cardoso just can't cut it.

Ideally I would like 2 CB and a goalie but I can't really see who we could replace Wes with and the money might be better spent on bringing a higher quality of CB. 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Bit much would rather buy 3/4 quality players. That's what will make the difference.

We ain't to far away need a better quality of players in crucial areas and well be fine. 

Not the time for starting again

It’s just purely because of the amount of players we have to lose.

Halliday, Miller, Dodoo, Pena, Cardoso, Alves, Hodson, MOH, Niko, Nemane, Dalcio, Martin, Herrera, Goss, Rossiter all (hopefully) leaving because of varied circumstances. 

Squad feels shot to bits as it is nevermind when we lose them.

Would love 4 quality signings but we can’t even put a winger on the bench atm.

36 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Agreed. Initially I thought it was a good finish from Rogic but when I seen the replays, it wasn't even as if the ball had went right in the corner of the goal. He should be doing better there imo.

The 2nd goal? I don't know what was going through his mind there.

To be be fair 

He did better than when the 5 that went flying past him last year 

Need a Goalkeeper that commands his box .He doesn't 

Although he did have some good stops today to cancel out his errors 

Cardoso and Alves was reason we lost today though 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

To be be fair 

He did better than when the 5 that went flying past him last year 

Need a Goalkeeper that commands his box .He doesn't 

Although he did have some good stops today to cancel out his errors 

Cardoso and Alves was reason we lost today though 

Not for me. Foderingham and Cardoso take most of the blame.

I don't see how Alves is taking so much criticism tbh.

Firstly we need a manager, Murty is likeable not not the man for the job, today proved that.

A goalie.

A new back 4, Tav and John bomb forward then struggle to defend. Get shot of the 2 Portuguesers double quick. Keep Bates and Storrie as they will come good.

With the exception of Murphy, our midfield was heartless today, so needs replacing.

Morelos needs to be dropped, get rid of Windass, always goes missing when required. Keep Candias.

Only one player shone through over 90 minutes today :- MURPHY.