THE TRUTH - Where's Fucking Gap????? Bring on the Cup!!!

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

None so blind as those who choose to not see (or however it's worded)

The optimism is nice and if it get's you feeling normal then fire in but I just can't shake the notion that we probably played as well as we can against celtic with this lot, they were utter shite, 10 men and at Ibrox and it still wasn't enough. I think that's the thought that should be on any sensible persons mind when trying to think about things objectively.

Think that's what's so gutting about it. Ten men, our turf, playing shite and they still win. That says more about our squad and management than anything else. 

We aren't far away but these games highlight the players who do and who don't have it, and a few more than I realised just don't. Bates showing again how suitable he is for Scottish football. We missed him after he went off. Goss, Windass, only good against the smaller teams. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have to decide on a manager for next season and 4 players have their loan deals ending in June with Europe starting some point in July.

We are close in the league as they have been pretty dire and Murty has finally strung together a serious of results something which neither pedro or warburton where capable of.

Competing for the league is unlikely to happen unless some stellar manager is appointed which probably wont happen

28 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Gutted as anyone by the result. League is over, end of.

However...all things considered we could easily have won today. Fucking EASILY!!!

We started brilliantly and responded brilliantly to the equaliser. We showed defensive flaws, yes, and we failed to press home our advantage when they went to 10 men. And of course they clinically converted their sole chance to steal the match. But... we took the game to them; we were NOT intimidated or outplayed; and we dominated for sustained periods.  THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.

Let's have it right. We WERE THEIR EQUAL TODAY AT THE VERY LEAST!

The tendency for SO MANY people to suddenly point fingers and criticise when we lose is fucking taig-like and usually an attempt to curry favour with other posters.

King was a total socket to appoint Caixinha and THAT is what cost us this season. [SIDE THOUGHT - What if Murty had been kept on after Warbs and been given the chance to spend some money?? Where would we be now??] 

Take the positive fellow Bears. We CAN beat them in the cup. Brenda is a self-satisfied tosser due for a fall (he choked with the scouse; he will ultimately choke with these). We CAN win the cup and we CAN mount a serious challenge next season - God willing we will stop Ten Tainted Titles in a row. 

On a different day it would have been 3-2 or 4-2 to the Queen's Eleven.

Fuck any cunt trying to conduct a post mortem or what is WRONG with us. We are the Glasgow Rangers and we are coming back. Compare today with how we played under Caixinha. Today, we were a strong unit and we played with belief for long spells. We need to support this team because it is OUR team. It cost a whole lot LOT less than Septic's and we have an "stand in" interim manager that has done a fucking SHED LOAD more than the "first choices". Fuck Warburton and his trendy credentials, fuck Caixinha (who the fuck??), fuck McInnes and his minor sheep-shagging triumphs. We are the fucking GLASGOW Rangers!!! We fucking built Scotland as an industrial nation let alone the national game.

Today had MASSIVE positives. Bates was excellent until stretchered off (deliberate from Rogic imo). Tav was strong, Murphy and Goss too, and DOCHERTY was a brilliant workhorse chasing everything down in defense and midfield and thwarting many a septic offensive. Candeais was excellent, Tav did his thing; Bruno fought like a lion in the air, Fod made several crucial saves. If only Alfredo had hit the net instead of the post towards the end - or done something creative with his other one-on-one opportunity...

Morelos has been off the pace last couple of games but has shown he can be lethal; and personally, I think Cummings can shine for us but needs the confidence of a few starts...

So...we may have lost, but this was a closer game than the ones we have drawn. All these defeatist "fault finding" threads are symptomatic of a watered down mhedia-battered generation of Rangers fan that is hard for an older Bear like myself to recognise. Criticise when criticism is valid, otherwise SUPPORT THE GREATEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD as per your birth right.

Sadly, mostly utter pish

4 minutes ago, gj923 said:

We still have to decide on a manager for next season and 4 players have their loan deals ending in June with Europe starting some point in July.

We are close in the league as they have been pretty dire and Murty has finally strung together a serious of results something which neither pedro or warburton where capable of.

Competing for the league is unlikely to happen unless some stellar manager is appointed which probably wont happen

There will be NO stellar manager under this board, far less any money for stellar players.. We had 35 minutes, the scum strolled through the rest of the game, even with ten men. That's the reality.

30 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Gutted as anyone by the result. League is over, end of.

However...all things considered we could easily have won today. Fucking EASILY!!!

We started brilliantly and responded brilliantly to the equaliser. We showed defensive flaws, yes, and we failed to press home our advantage when they went to 10 men. And of course they clinically converted their sole chance to steal the match. But... we took the game to them; we were NOT intimidated or outplayed; and we dominated for sustained periods.  THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.

Let's have it right. We WERE THEIR EQUAL TODAY AT THE VERY LEAST!

The tendency for SO MANY people to suddenly point fingers and criticise when we lose is fucking taig-like and usually an attempt to curry favour with other posters.

King was a total socket to appoint Caixinha and THAT is what cost us this season. [SIDE THOUGHT - What if Murty had been kept on after Warbs and been given the chance to spend some money?? Where would we be now??] 

Take the positive fellow Bears. We CAN beat them in the cup. Brenda is a self-satisfied tosser due for a fall (he choked with the scouse; he will ultimately choke with these). We CAN win the cup and we CAN mount a serious challenge next season - God willing we will stop Ten Tainted Titles in a row. 

On a different day it would have been 3-2 or 4-2 to the Queen's Eleven.

Fuck any cunt trying to conduct a post mortem or what is WRONG with us. We are the Glasgow Rangers and we are coming back. Compare today with how we played under Caixinha. Today, we were a strong unit and we played with belief for long spells. We need to support this team because it is OUR team. It cost a whole lot LOT less than Septic's and we have an "stand in" interim manager that has done a fucking SHED LOAD more than the "first choices". Fuck Warburton and his trendy credentials, fuck Caixinha (who the fuck??), fuck McInnes and his minor sheep-shagging triumphs. We are the fucking GLASGOW Rangers!!! We fucking built Scotland as an industrial nation let alone the national game.

Today had MASSIVE positives. Bates was excellent until stretchered off (deliberate from Rogic imo). Tav was strong, Murphy and Goss too, and DOCHERTY was a brilliant workhorse chasing everything down in defense and midfield and thwarting many a septic offensive. Candeais was excellent, Tav did his thing; Bruno fought like a lion in the air, Fod made several crucial saves. If only Alfredo had hit the net instead of the post towards the end - or done something creative with his other one-on-one opportunity...

Morelos has been off the pace last couple of games but has shown he can be lethal; and personally, I think Cummings can shine for us but needs the confidence of a few starts...

So...we may have lost, but this was a closer game than the ones we have drawn. All these defeatist "fault finding" threads are symptomatic of a watered down mhedia-battered generation of Rangers fan that is hard for an older Bear like myself to recognise. Criticise when criticism is valid, otherwise SUPPORT THE GREATEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD as per your birth right.

I agree with almost everything. However Tav had a shocker. He put us under pressure a few times with misplaced passes, lack of concentration. And that affected Candeais badly. He will recover. Alves was strong in the air but his distribution is long ball and often shite. I feel sad for Tav cause he has been great all season and we missed his delivery. Although the pairing was not up to usual standard I thot they still managed to contain the super global superstar that is tierny.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There will be NO stellar manager under this board, far less any money for stellar players.. We had 35 minutes, the scum strolled through the rest of the game, even with ten men. That's the reality.

I know that just not great being brutally honest - try and look for some positive always

36 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Bit too early for this kind of thread tbh 

Not really mate. First time since the cup semi 2 yrs ago that we went toe-to-toe properly with them and could easily have won.

Don't see the need for another negative post mortem where most RM contributors fall in line with what they think will be best received by other RM members.

If we'd won it all posts would be glowing and cos we lost its all shite. Too simplistic. The gap is smaller than any time since admin.

To be fair you usually say what you think...

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

None so blind as those who choose to not see (or however it's worded)

The optimism is nice and if it get's you feeling normal then fire in but I just can't shake the notion that we probably played as well as we can against celtic with this lot, they were utter shite, 10 men and at Ibrox and it still wasn't enough. I think that's the thought that should be on any sensible persons mind when trying to think about things objectively.

I respect your views in general KAI and take your point. Still believe we could have won today but cant deny its fucking frustrating that we lost with the man advantage and the chances we created.

7 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Not really mate. First time since the cup semi 2 yrs ago that we went toe-to-toe properly with them and could easily have won.

Don't see the need for another negative post mortem where most RM contributors fall in line with what they think will be best received by other RM members.

If we'd won it all posts would be glowing and cos we lost its all shite. Too simplistic. The gap is smaller than any time since admin.

Ifs. 

Buts. 

Maybes.

We lost against 10 men ffs there's optimism and then there's just being deluded. 

You can underline words in your OP and make the font red but it doesn't change the fact that "closing the gap" means fuck all whereas winning trophies does. You can celebrate closing a gap if you wish but it's tragic at the end of the day. 

10 minutes ago, five stars said:

The gap has closed but they still have a better squad and a better manager.

Better manager???? How so? He's made expensive signings of his choice whereas Murty has fashioned his best team from what he's been left with. Hardly reasonable to compare like-for-like surely...

1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

You can underline words in your OP and make the font red but it doesn't change th fact that "closing the gap" means fuck all whereas winning trophies does. You can celebrate closing a gap if you wish but it's tragic at the end of the day. 

Yes, thank you. I will take full advantage of the cosmetic tools afforded me by the RM website! ;)

Closing the gap means we have a better chance of winning the upcoming cup game and of challenging properly next season. Both of these will give us a better chance of winning trophies and stopping ten in a row. I suspect there may be a logic therein...

7 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I honestly couldn't give 2 flying fucks what other RM users think of my opinion, I respect their opinion because they support the same team as me, I'm fed up reading the same pish after an almost good result, they were shite, they are shite, they had 10 men for half an hour, we had the lead twice, we missed sitters, we had a vocal support behind us, IT'S NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH. 

Just now, StaunchLondonGer said:

Yes, thank you. I will take full advantage of the cosmetic tools afforded me by the RM website! ;)

Closing the gap means we have a better chance of winning the upcoming cup game and of challenging properly next season. Both of these will give us a better chance of winning trophies and stopping ten in a row. I suspect there may be a logic therein...

It's all ifs buts and maybes though. We should've won our bread and butter games against Killie, Hamilton, st Johnstone but the harsh reality is we didn't because we're not consistent enough and lack the bottle and ability at times. 

We can't use the "closing the gap" pish forever. We need to do our talking by actually defeating the taigs and ultimately winning silverware. 

If we adopt a diddy club mentality then we may as well turn the lights off. Fuck that. 

11 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Better manager???? How so? He's made expensive signings of his choice whereas Murty has fashioned his best team from what he's been left with. Hardly reasonable to compare like-for-like surely...

Agreed, he's had more money to spend.

But when they went a man down today brenda had them quickly reorganized and playing a system that suited 10 men.

How did Murty change things to get maximum advantage from the extra man?

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I honestly couldn't give 2 flying fucks what other RM users think of my opinion, I respect their opinion because they support the same team as me, I'm fed up reading the same pish after an almost good result, they were shite, they are shite, they had 10 men for half an hour, we had the lead twice, we missed sitters, we had a vocal support behind us, IT'S NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH. 

You don't think EVERY Rangers fans wants to be dominating celtic?

Get real. Compare it to the recent games where we've been pumped by that mob and deservedly so. We want to be winning the league again and today there was a game that could easily have gone either way.

We've got a stronger team, gelling as a unit, with a couple of proper Rangers men in the mix....

It's getting better.