Two Centre Backs + Goalkeeper

BridgeIsBlue

1st goal Foderingham is beaten at distance again, never seen the goal at Ibrox from where I was sitting but just seen it there and fuck me man. His positioning is absolutely comical. 

2nd goal came out of a big punt up the park and because Cardoso is built like the side of a fiver Dembele is through on goal, but why in the blue fuck does Wes come rushing out in the first place? 

3rd goal is almost a carbon copy of our defending under Warburton, you knew that cunt was scoring before it happened.

Two stupid goals to give away in the first half has fucked us today, should've been 2-0 at HT. 

Last solid centre back pairing was Weir and Bougherra seven years ago, it needs sorting out in the summer.

Last but not least somebody needs to have a word with our Goalkeeping coaches as it's getting beyond a joke now the amount of times Wes is gubbed from distance. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their first was a decent hit, although made worse by positioning and backing off. 

As soon as Bates went off I felt we were going to struggle though. For me that was one of the key parts of the game. The result is a sore one as we showed how much we have come on and we are at least a match for them. You feel without that injury + McRorie/Dorrans added to that squad we'd be winning that.

Agree with you on all points.

Mentioned in another thread how ridiculous it is that so many long range efforts go in against us. Would even a bigger keeper get to some of them more often than Wes does?

Defensively, we didn’t get to play the pairing of Martin and Bates that was most likely to start. Alves did ok any the air but apart from that we were poor with him and Cardoso.

Where to go from here, who knows, but more investment and shifting of dead wood is vital.

Fods is a great shot stopper at close range but his positional sense is poor, caught off his line leaving the top corner of the goal clear for any forward with a bit of accuracy, not good enough if we're to overtake them - fuck the gap!

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That would good be a good starting point (the OP) but we have nothing in central midfield either.

It's essential Cummings starts playing now too. No excuses.

7 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Their first was a decent hit, although made worse by positioning and backing off. 

As soon as Bates went off I felt we were going to struggle though. For me that was one of the key parts of the game. The result is a sore one as we showed how much we have come on and we are at least a match for them. You feel without that injury + McRorie/Dorrans added to that squad we'd be winning that.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Will need to see them again but original thoughts were, how the fuck was Rogic able to get that shot away so easily, our defence was a shambles and nobody dooing that baldy mongo after his celebration, and defence again.

It's unreal how badly we're missing a 19 year old boy in the middle of that park. 

Soon as he comes back from injury the better. 

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

Wonder saves my arse they were routine saves that he should be making.

For gods sake the goalkeeper didn’t  cost us today it was that dumpling in the dugout who waited until they scored before changing it he is out his depth. 

Not a massive fan of Wes. Massively overrated in my opinion. Very good shot stopper but far far too often beaten range. 

However I think we are far more in need of a seriously fucking good midfielder, one that's going to dictate our play. No idea who this is but hopefully he's out there. 

Our defence has been shocking for years. That dembele goal was just a total joke. Watching Alves trotting back made me fucking sick, to get caught out like that happens too often, every corner gives me the fear in more or less every game. 2 new CBs are a must.

If we can get anywhere near 8m for Morelos id bite their chinky hands off. If we can't recruit 2 better strikers for 4m a piece then Mark needs to move on!

The good news is the fenians are shite also. 2 or 3 players of quality but not much more. However when I looked at what we had available on the bench to what they had showed that we're in need of a lot. 

Still fancy us in the cup though 

15 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

The goalkeeper had 3 wonders saves in the first half that kept us in the game!!!! 

Usual Fod performance. Some fine saves and some complete fuck ups. That's why he is well off Rangers class for me.

Am I the only one that thinks it’s harsh to be blaming Fod for the first goal? Its a fucking good strike IMO, sometimes you’ve got to give the player a bit of credit. He also made some good saves in the game. I’m not his biggest fan but can we realistically expect to get a better standard of GK with our budget? 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

1st goal Foderingham is beaten at distance again, never seen the goal at Ibrox from where I was sitting but just seen it there and fuck me man. His positioning is absolutely comical. 

2nd goal came out of a big punt up the park and because Cardoso is built like the side of a fiver Dembele is through on goal, but why in the blue fuck does Wes come rushing out in the first place? 

3rd goal is almost a carbon copy of our defending under Warburton, you knew that cunt was scoring before it happened.

Two stupid goals to give away in the first half has fucked us today, should've been 2-0 at HT. 

Last solid centre back pairing was Weir and Bougherra seven years ago, it needs sorting out in the summer.

Last but not least somebody needs to have a word with our Goalkeeping coaches as it's getting beyond a joke now the amount of times Wes is gubbed from distance. 

All are an absolute must.

Wes isn’t the number 1 we need

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Am I the only one that thinks it’s harsh to be blaming Fod for the first goal? Its a fucking good strike IMO, sometimes you’ve got to give the player a bit of credit. He also made some good saves in the game. I’m not his biggest fan but can we realistically expect to get a better standard of GK with our budget? 

Look at the goal again and look at where Wes is standing. 

Far too big of a gap between him and the post.