BridgeIsBlue

Two Centre Backs + Goalkeeper

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That would good be a good starting point (the OP) but we have nothing in central midfield either.

It's essential Cummings starts playing now too. No excuses.

Where do you fit him in though? 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Where do you fit him in though? 

Right now ahead of Morelos but I'd like to see us do a 4-4-2 instead of this midfield 2 pairing that the taigs can run over the top of with both him and Morelos but that means dropping either Windass or Candaies ... I'd be likely to plump for Candaies but that exposes us at right-back as he gives Tav some amount of protection, protection that if he doesn't have he could cost us in games potentially from a defensive point of view.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Right now ahead of Morelos but I'd like to see us do a 4-4-2 instead of this midfield 2 pairing that the taigs can run over the top of with both him and Morelos but that means dropping either Windass or Candaies ... I'd be likely to plump for Candaies but that exposes us at right-back as he gives Tav some amount of protection, protection that if he doesn't have he could cost us in games potentially from a defensive point of view.

Not sure he can do the dirty work of a lone frontman, and our CMs are not capable of controlling a game as a central 2. 

I’d like him, but I can’t work out where to fit him in. Maybe drop Windass. 

said it before but I am convinced Wes is short sighted, stops just about everything that gets hit at him in the area, misses everything from outside!

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Not sure he can do the dirty work of a lone frontman, and our CMs are not capable of controlling a game as a central 2. 

I’d like him, but I can’t work out where to fit him in. Maybe drop Windass. 

I think it probably has to be Windass but I think we need to go back to basics and build with a solid 4-4-2 or something because that midfield 2 is a terrible tactic. 

But again, does having a flat midfield 4 then limit and hinder Murphy and Candaies? I don't actually know - it's fucking shite to be honest we have made an arse of it again and purchased too heavily with too specific a formation in mind, a formation that doesn't come up tops in the big tests when needed.

• Like 1

Only way we go two up front and it works right is if we play 3-5-2.

And we've not got two never mind three decent centre backs. 

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

1st goal Foderingham is beaten at distance again, never seen the goal at Ibrox from where I was sitting but just seen it there and fuck me man. His positioning is absolutely comical. 

2nd goal came out of a big punt up the park and because Cardoso is built like the side of a fiver Dembele is through on goal, but why in the blue fuck does Wes come rushing out in the first place? 

3rd goal is almost a carbon copy of our defending under Warburton, you knew that cunt was scoring before it happened.

Two stupid goals to give away in the first half has fucked us today, should've been 2-0 at HT. 

Last solid centre back pairing was Weir and Bougherra seven years ago, it needs sorting out in the summer.

Last but not least somebody needs to have a word with our Goalkeeping coaches as it's getting beyond a joke now the amount of times Wes is gubbed from distance. 

If you look at the 5 he lost in the defeat last year . It is not a new thing with him .

He is decent at low shots along the surface . I think teams now know , they lift the ball over him . It's going in .

I know he saved us a few times today .

However

He never commands his box and his overall distribution from the back  is very poor . Unsettling the defence with the amount of times he rushes . Resulting in many misplaced passes and balls going out the park .

We have worse players than Wes . No doubts .

Goalkeeping position is so important though . And for me . He stays as our number 1 . We aren't  winning any trophies. Simples

• Like 3

My sentiments exactly.

Wes is poor and concedes goals with poor positioning, don't get me wrong he has made some vital saves but to put it bluntly he is simply not good enough.

Cardoso is pish.

Alves played well but is done.

Our defence lined up the 3rd for them and Goss had a shocker.

Piss poor result in a game we should have won.

• Like 1

Wes gets praised for stopping shots as if him doing it is somehow above and beyond what he's expected to do.  The guy has terrible decision making and cost us a goal at a crucial time in the game.  Go into half time 2-1 up and we're all lifted and up for the second half but him charging out and shit defending fucked that.  Time to move him on and get someone who isn't as rash.

Fod can do no wrong on here. He is absolutely dreadful. He gets praise for saving shots that are straight at him and simple saves. He is not Rangers class. The amount of goals he lets in that should be saved with better positioning is shocking. Always beaten at long range shots. Even this season he has let in so many goals that he should have saved. Maybe I'm spoilt having watched the likes of goram, klos and McGregor.

• Like 4

I said for a while now that we have no fit defensive midfielders and it is a concern.  In the summer I would hope we strengthen there.  I like Wes but he is not the quality of keeper we need and I think we should be looking to bring in better. 

If the January window is anything to go by, I would hope we are ready and prepared to bring in what is needed in the summer and offload those who have little future.

Fods has been guilty from long range a few times but I can't criticize him on the first goal. Sometimes you just have to admit that it was a cracking strike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Naw idea how any cunt can blame Fod for anything the day.  Infact he pulled off a couple of decent saves.

1st goal - cunt gets a free run to just outside the box before he shoots.  Maybe Fod could have been better placed on his line if your being overly critical, but the midfield to defence was shocking for that goal.

2nd goal - again defence just let’s the cunt run past them and Fod has no choice but to go out and try and narrow the gap.

3rd goal - reminds me of stokes goal in the cup final walks into our box without as much as any cunt putting a challenge on him and gets all the time in the world to hit a shot.  He should have been taken out before he even got into the box. 

Defence let us down today and Morelos, I wouldn’t even mention that cunt.  Again.

Thank Christ for a sensible assesment of the game. I have been on here reading all sorts of opinions of who to blame. I was thinking was I actually watching a different game.

I thought it was a great game, we took it to them for most of the first half and scored two good goals but their first a good strike by Rogic the midfield should have shut him down. How many similar goals has he scored not only against us should never been given the room. Second was from a wonder pass from Broonie, he could not repeat it again if you gave him ten chances. Caught Cardoso sleeping and a simple chip over Fods head, meat and drink for a good striker. Third one again Edouard allowed too much room and allowed to cut inside criminal defending and a great strike.

People on here blaming Fod for the loss FFS. Try blaming the real culprit, Morelos, missed two sitters one early on with the head coming in from the right keeper was on the left half of his goal, a good striker would have hammered it into the right side but no he tries to flick it to the left straight to the keeper. Still can't believe he missed that tap in, my nine year old granddaughter would have scored that.

Yes Morelos may have scored a lot of goals but he has missed a lot more especially vital ones. He should be playing in China now and we would be 7 or 8 mill better off. 

The only goal I will not put blame on Wes is the third, it was just a good goal- our defenders should have not allowed him to cut inside. The first Wes is to far off his line, the second is just school boy football. Cardoso is just not good enough and Alves is to slow at covering the ground, good in the air, but that's it. We need a goalkeeper and two good central defenders in the first team. Mark Allen should now be identifying who those people are and bring them in, in the summer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Thank Christ for a sensible assesment of the game. I have been on here reading all sorts of opinions of who to blame. I was thinking was I actually watching a different game.

I thought it was a great game, we took it to them for most of the first half and scored two good goals but their first a good strike by Rogic the midfield should have shut him down. How many similar goals has he scored not only against us should never been given the room. Second was from a wonder pass from Broonie, he could not repeat it again if you gave him ten chances. Caught Cardoso sleeping and a simple chip over Fods head, meat and drink for a good striker. Third one again Edouard allowed too much room and allowed to cut inside criminal defending and a great strike.

People on here blaming Fod for the loss FFS. Try blaming the real culprit, Morelos, missed two sitters one early on with the head coming in from the right keeper was on the left half of his goal, a good striker would have hammered it into the right side but no he tries to flick it to the left straight to the keeper. Still can't believe he missed that tap in, my nine year old granddaughter would have scored that.

Yes Morelos may have scored a lot of goals but he has missed a lot more especially vital ones. He should be playing in China now and we would be 7 or 8 mill better off. 

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not blaming Foderingham for the loss. I'm saying he's at fault for the goals - likewise the defence and also Goss. Foderingham isn't exempt from blame just because he pulled off a couple of other good saves in the game. There was fault's all round today and yes, Morelos too which is an all too common theme with him upfront. Time for Cummings to play and maybe even Alnwick too. 

• Like 2

Foderingham made two or three good saves in the first half and barely had anything to do in the second half - but I really think he could have done better for their first goal. He shouldn't have gotten sucked into that situation for their second either, no need.

I think he’s almost entirely to blame for the second.

First was a great goal as much as it pains me to say it. 

Third sits purely with Goss and Cardoso. Shocking defending. Don’t think Fod can be blamed in the slightest for that one. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sket said:

Morelos buries that at 2-2 and these points don't matter. Twice he's cost us crucial points now.

If we could defend worth a fuck missed chances would matter so much. 

12 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Fods makes too many mistakes, Alnwick is not the answer and yet we don't see Kelly . Is the lad not up to it , if not then why is he still at the club?

If not we need to get out there and bring in a keeper that's up to the job.

Kelly’s a fenian bastard.

GK, CB & CM let us down yesterday.

The full backs & wingers won their battles, they were let down by the spine.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

4-4-2 is a midfield 2 pairing?

First was poor defending again we let Rogic turn and just run right at us. 

Second was just schoolboy stuff from Cardoso and Fod 

Third was like something from the Keystone cops First defender allows the player to cut inside, but then the man behind Cardoso again hasn’t stayed in his position to anticipate and has went deep as well. 

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Third sits purely with Goss and Cardoso. Shocking defending. Don’t think Fod can be blamed in the slightest for that one. 

Exactly that. Mental that people still think he’s at fault for 1st and 3rd. 

13 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Mate I’m completely with you here. Blaming Fod for 1st and 3rd is genuinely laughable. I put that down to people hurting tonight because to blame him for either of those is completely irrational. I take the point about the second, he was never getting the ball so should have stayed on his line. 

And if he stayed on his line and Dembele scored you would be saying he should have come out...Dembeke should never had the run an thats down to Cardoso...not Fods biggest fan but struggle to see how he can be blamed yesterday

33 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Spot on. Cardosa also guilty but mostly Fod who should have got closer . That goal on the stroke of half time killed us. FOD also guilty of flapping a bit second half. But i do not blame him for 1st & 3rd goals.