Two Centre Backs + Goalkeeper

BridgeIsBlue

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If Tav was in position for their second, they wouldn't have scored it. Been saying for ages that Fod isn't good enough for us. He's their worst full time No1 we've had in my lifetime.

Whit? :lol:

Were you in a coma when we had Simonsen, Bell & Leitzi?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, GeeSS said:

The goalkeeper had 3 wonders saves in the first half that kept us in the game!!!! 

Looked like routine saves to me. He's a liability. Still knocking clearances out the park, still giving the backline suicide passes, his positioning is woeful, he's hopeless at crosses & long-range shots & he never has any command of his area. Apart from that, he's no bad.

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Its that simple. He's not even in the top 5 of the SPL. 

Wes is a good shot stopper but that's it. He's constantly beaten with long range efforts and his positioning is awful. IMO we are not going to challenge for the title without a new and reliable No 1 being signed in the summer.  

Who would you guys go for as a replacement?

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Wes is a good shot stopper but that's it. He's constantly beaten with long range efforts and his positioning is awful. IMO we are not going to challenge for the title without a new and reliable No 1 being signed in the summer.  

Who would you guys go for as a replacement?

Before Sunday (that's when I first found out they had already got him) I would've said Scott Bain. Obviously that's a no go now. I genuinely don't know enough GK's in our price range to name anyone. Right now, I'd be happy with Alnwick until the guys who job it is to find GK's gets one in. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how Fod can't get to long shots. He looks athletic enough, maybe its just his brain doesnt act fast enough to tell him to take a step before jumping? Fuck knows. Its one of the positions that I hope Murty has down on priority list. 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Before Sunday (that's when I first found out they had already got him) I would've said Scott Bain. Obviously that's a no go now. I genuinely don't know enough GK's in our price range to name anyone. Right now, I'd be happy with Alnwick until the guys who job it is to find GK's gets one in. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how Fod can't get to long shots. He looks athletic enough, maybe its just his brain doesnt act fast enough to tell him to take a step before jumping? Fuck knows. Its one of the positions that I hope Murty has down on priority list. 

We recently gave Wes a new contract. I can't see Murty if still in charge next season or Allen looking for a new keeper even know we need one.  Center backs will be their main priority.

Wes is tied with Aberdeen's Joe Lewis for Clean Sheets on 9. The only other 2 keepers with more in the league is Gordon with 12 and McLaughlin at Hearts with 11.

I actually think McLaughlin would be a good shout myself. He's out of contract in the summer and he looked cracking in the hearts game at Ibrox. Just been called up to Scotland as well.

I remember we were linked with Dan Bentley a few years ago.  We should've snapped him up then. 

I'd like to see us go after an experienced CDM in the summer because badly lack that sort of player.  McCrorie and Rossiter and too unproven in that position and we need someone we can depend on to be a leader in there and put himself about.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I remember we were linked with Dan Bentley a few years ago.  We should've snapped him up then. 

I'd like to see us go after an experienced CDM in the summer because badly lack that sort of player.  McCrorie and Rossiter and too unproven in that position and we need someone we can depend on to be a leader in there and put himself about.

I think we need the same in a CB. One who can boss/lead the back line and get stuck into challenges. You would have to go back to Weir and Bougherra to find the last time we had a reliable defense partnership.