Scottish Cup.

.Williamson.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

They started the game with a reserve Keeper, we had home advantage, and for 30mins we had an extra men, yet we still lost.  If we couldn't beat them today I don't see how we can do it in the Scottish Cup.  I'll be looking towards the summer when hopefully we get in a new manager and can strengthen the first-team for a challenge next season.  This season is another write off.

Sadly, I agree with this the facts speak for themselves tbh -looking at today, we got virtually no hope for the semi.

However, cup games can add an extra element of uncertainty and with the prospect of ET/penalties - it can change the tactical set up. I would think the only hope we have is to tighten up at the back and kill the game. We are not great at that, as was shown again today - but it is another game and 3 weeks from now we might have a better outlook beforehand.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Ha not a chance we will win that game, we are fucking abysmal 

But aye dream away lads 

Ffs.  Look at the progress. Yes we got beat but cud just as easy have won. We are in our second year back in top division, we are inconsistent. That happens when you totally change teams each season. I do dream and from today’s game believe we can win the semi. 

3 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Ffs.  Look at the progress. 

Where?

We have not won a single thing. We drew at parkhead yet lost today at Ibrox.

League's over and we play them in the cup soon so if we lose that it's been another cunt of a season.

This club demands winning, trophies and beating them. We have struggled to do any of those things. 

See when we get beat at home against ten men to them and folk want to talk about progress then the games up 

I honestly can say we ain't good enough to win against that shower of shite Hearts showed everyone how to take them apart and they fucked them well and truly and all we can do is fuck it up so fucken sad to say 

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

I honestly can say we ain't good enough to win against that shower of shite Hearts showed everyone how to take them apart and they fucked them well and truly and all we can do is fuck it up so fucken sad to say 

We are good enough we need the players to step up and deliver when it matters tho.

2 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

The players will look back on today and wonder how the fuck they never won. If they watch the game back they will see how poor the goals were conceded and know that can be fixed. Alves and Cordoso combo is a definite no!

Taigs could say exact same thing.

The semi was always the one we had to win.  Today doesn't change that fact,  and we still have the game to win.  Was never going to happen beating them twice in a row from where we came from.  I hope we are written off for the semi - suit us better. 

32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Where?

League's over and we play them in the cup soon so if we lose that it's been another cunt of a season.

This club demands winning, trophies and beating them. We have struggled to do any of those things. 

See when we get beat at home against ten men to them and folk want to talk about progress then the games up 

“To them”. Them have unfortunately been top dog for 7 years. No opposition, just winning games. That becomes a habit as we know. We have come up from the lowest division changing squads and managers almost every season. We are now in our second season back in top division, a new manager halfway thru season and you honestly believe we should be winning trophies. Today was a big disappointment caus we cud and maybe shud have won. However I think it gives us a huge belief that we can win the semi. Today showed us we can compete. I was hugely disappointed in the last 20 mins when nobody took charge and pushed us for the win. Morelas was a huge disappointment, although he gave their cbs a difficult day and Tav was shite meaning our strongest attacking area was not effective. Still did enough to keep 20 million tierny in check. Anyway I believe there is progress and, investment a must, progress will continue. It is not and never was going to be an instant take over of power. But I would look forward to having a few pints with you mate when it happens.  

I like Goss but for the games against them when all are fully fit I`d prefer McCrorie in there with Docherty. Also we simply will not beat them with Cardoso (utter fucking dickhead) in defence so Martin and Bates returning to fitness is crucial, put McCrorie in there if not.

We can beat them, yesterday showed we are capable of it albeit we absolutely bottled it because of a shite mentality. Learn from it and we could still do this.

18 hours ago, Blue72 said:

If we can cut out the fuxking naive stupid defensive errors, put away sitters and open goals we can beat that lot 

final should then be a piece of piss 

Yeah we could beat them if we do all that. As for the Final being a piece of piss, sure we said that about the Hibs final, 2-1 up with about 10m to go, blew it.

Why are folk saying it’s clear we can beat them now?

Do you think we will get the chance of leading twice and playing against 10 men for 30 minutes again? And we couldn’t even win then. For me this result actually does the opposite and makes it clear this team have a mental issue when playing celtic.

19 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Where?

What is wrong with you this weather GF 

Normally your posts are spot on 

Recently you have been an even bigger moan than me .And that's saying something 

Think we can only stay positive .No matter how sickened with things we all are 

I get where your frustrations come from but I don't think we are too far away from them now 

Not on yesterday's showing .As bad as it may seem for some 

18 hours ago, Blue72 said:

If we can cut out the fuxking naive stupid defensive errors, put away sitters and open goals we can beat that lot 

final should then be a piece of piss 

Sorted. I'm off to the loft to look out my rickety and lum hat

21 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Hope all the ridiculous hype doesn't start again , theres no chance we are winning this , but if we get a decent CB and a big striker who can score when it matters this league is ours next year. They fuckers know we are getting closer , its tough today but all will change next year.

i think yesterdays game was a double whammy for us, they beat us when we should have won but also the fact we matched them for most of the game would have given them a wake up call.  They have been streets ahead of us so can go through a transfer window without buying any one as they knew they were strong enough already.

but not now, by playing well yesterday we will have given them a head up and they will go out in the next transfer window and out spend us.

brenda is not a messiac figure for their support since the humping in the CL and europa so he know he will need to beat us to the title next year.

without the investment from the board we are going to be competing with the sheep again next year.

what a bloody chance,down to ten men and we still

could not beat them,we still need a good big ch ,and

a big cf who can score goals for fun.:pipe: