Bluepeter9

Bates injury

In amongst all the ire - anyone know anything about Bates injury? How did it happen? How bad is it - poor lad could not even stand. He was a loss today we could do with a break from all these injuries but that’s part of football I guess. 

• Like 1

Was seen with a foot boot on at the side of the park...released from hospital so hopefully not too bad

• Like 1

Think it might be a bad one - watched the game on TV and he looked in tears when he was getting carried off on the stretcher.

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

It looked a bad one. Possible broken ankle.

Fuck! Looked bad at game. 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Was seen with a foot boot on at the side of the park...released from hospital so hopefully not too bad

Hopefully just a sprain then but we'll need to just wait and see.

Can you ever imagine the beggars getting bad luck like this

They score a goal and put one of our up and coming players out for the rest of the season probably

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

In amongst all the ire - anyone know anything about Bates injury? How did it happen? How bad is it - poor lad could not even stand. He was a loss today we could do with a break from all these injuries but that’s part of football I guess. 

When whoever scored their first goal landed after the shot he landed on Bates ankle 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

No point getting joy out of this, Peter, we will be back next season.

Your a strange lad. 

Best defender at the club by a country mile. 

Hope he's back soon. 

• Like 1

Hope it’s not but if it is a bad one, it might be better he has a clean break rather than ligament / tendon issues.

Think he’ll be out for the rest of the season tbh with Rogic’s follow through and momentum.

I saw a still picture of the tackle/incident, it does not look good, the full weight of the celtic player is on Bates's leg and the leg is bent and it is  on the ground, I'm no doctor but I have seen a few like that watching football over the years and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a break.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Their second doesn't happen if he's on the pitch.

Was thinking that too. He wouldn't get bullied like that, he'd have been up for a fight with dembele.

That being said before I was surprised he wasn't tighter to rogic earlier for the first goal, but I may be being harsh. 

Still deserves a new deal, guys been our best defender at least since Wilson left, perhaps in some games while he was here too.

Folk saying we need Martin back are right, but a Martin and alves pairing is going to be painfully slow. Think we need mccrorie back asap too.

1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

Was thinking that too. He wouldn't get bullied like that, he'd have been up for a fight with dembele.

That being said before I was surprised he wasn't tighter to rogic earlier for the first goal, but I may be being harsh. 

Still deserves a new deal, guys been our best defender at least since Wilson left, perhaps in some games while he was here too.

Folk saying we need Martin back are right, but a Martin and alves pairing is going to be painfully slow. Think we need mccrorie back asap too.

Agree with you over Martin and Alves but if and when McCrorie comes back would like to see him as our midfield anchor.  

Doesn’t look too good

1F577F48-E127-4AAF-AB3C-C38AF51466DE.jpeg

59 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

No point getting joy out of this, Peter, we will be back next season.

Ffs

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Doesn’t look too good

That’s horrible.

We’ve been so unlucky with our young breakthrough players this season.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Doesn’t look too good

Fuck

• Like 1

There are a few on here with no time for Bates as a player, I like the big man as he does a solid job and  was certainly missed after being  stretchered off, fuck our luck with Jack/Dorrans/McCrorie and now Bates, four first picks missing months of games between them.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Their second doesn't happen if he's on the pitch.

All day long. 

Dembele doesn’t get near the 18 yard box never mind get the chip away. 

Its small margins like that for the team we have. Going in 2-1 instead of 2-2 (which felt like we were getting beat) does wonders, especially for a team like ours who have a fragile mentality. 

• Like 4