Progress ? we haven't beaten them in reg in 12 games.

backup

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think it’s becoming a real serious issue now. We’re going down a slippery slope to it becoming not just about the games but psychological instead and it’s extremely hard to recover from that as Aberdeen will tell you. We HAVE to win the semi final. There’s no other way about it. 

That' should be the mentality all the time. Every game is a must win. It even starts before the kick off. Murty cuddling Brenda. Shouldn't happen. The players slapping hands with brown and co. Wouldn't be getting my hand. 

I do know what you mean though, psychologically the belief isn't there with some players

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

This is a rumour doing the rounds with scum fans at the moment, one of many. Apparently, the bid was made up by Traynor, and the Chinese club don't actually exist - absolute bonkers.

If the Chinese club doesn’t exist why did one of their own say he’d phoned them to find oot, they are raving morons.

9 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I would have been astounded if we had managed a win today, we are nowhere near the scum yet no matter what others say, we were on a good run before today, what matters now is to get that run back on track and finish a strong second.

That will be progress.

seriously and I think we are closer than alot think atm. I think 3/4 quality players away

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If the Chinese club doesn’t exist why did one of their own say he’d phoned them to find oot, they are raving morons.

Exactly mate, absolutely howling at the moon stuff at the moment - let's be clear they are now in fear of a rising club, they may have win today but we will continue to improve next season - so the fake rumours will start to ratchet up in next 18 months or so. For example, another administration Monday, the stadium roof, business investment etc --- sad, sad people.

1 hour ago, backup said:

Can failing in 12 games to beat the taigs be really seen as any sort of progress, it looks to me as if we are running flat out to be a distant second now.

That is no sort of progress for The Rangers and is not what should be expected or accepted by any of us. 

Standing toe to toe and losing a close 3-2 is progress from a 5-1 humping and never in the game. 

If you can’t see that then you might as well give the game up. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Standing toe to toe and losing a close 3-2 is progress from a 5-1 humping and never in the game. 

If you can’t see that then you might as well give the game up. 

We stood off of them, not toe to toe and nowhere near Catenaccio style. 

Today resembled an old firm game whilst the majority last season where anything but. Not going to bother looking at the stats but I would be surprised if they have conceided in the first 5 minutes of a domestic game for ages. Come the next game I will think we have a good chance.

Progress my fuckin arse .straw clutching at its best here .we have barely won half of our games at Ibrox this season,think about that.they beat us with a fourth rate goalie ,a decimated team and 10 fuckin men ..by the time the semi comes round we will be getting all the 3-0/4-0 from the deluded as usual,as we head for another fucking embarrassment.

1 hour ago, backup said:

Can failing in 12 games to beat the taigs be really seen as any sort of progress, it looks to me as if we are running flat out to be a distant second now.

That is no sort of progress for The Rangers and is not what should be expected or accepted by any of us. 

What would.you know ya fucking tramp

1 hour ago, Cobham said:

We have made huge progress but we still need to strengthen to compete. You just have to look at the respective benches today to realise how far behind we still are in terms of depth of squad. 

We're getting loanees from no-mark English clubs and they get Eduardo from PSG.  We had the beating of them today had all 11 players turned up but we struggle when we have to go to the bench due to that lack of depth.  

What really pisses me off is that when they went down to 10 men, they were the better team. 

44 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We're getting loanees from no-mark English clubs and they get Eduardo from PSG.  We had the beating of them today had all 11 players turned up but we struggle when we have to go to the bench due to that lack of depth.  

What really pisses me off is that when they went down to 10 men, they were the better team. 

Yeah, Cummings should have been on as soon as they went to 10 men. I’d much rather have lost the game because we were trying to win it instead of the ‘wait and see’ tactics we got. A draw was no good to us today anyway, we should have had a go at them. 

Coulda, shoulda, woulda! 

I cant accept we did not even get a draw, But progress is we actually attacked scored twice and did not accept we were just there to participate, They have shown us how far we need to go to start a challenge for the league, Loan signings need to be made perm, And we need around 7 quality players to have the bench full of quality.  We are shown signs that we are getting there. 

Surpsingly, I find myself agreeing with the sentiments of backup's original post.

If we are measuring progress because we didnt get humped 5-1 - then we are not setting a very high bar for ourselves.

Playing at home, against a weakened celtic team who had been reduced to 10 men and still end up losing, is a huge opportunity missed rather than progress.

9 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Surpsingly, I find myself agreeing with the sentiments of backup's original post.

If we are measuring progress because we didnt get humped 5-1 - then we are not setting a very high bar for ourselves.

Playing at home, against a weakened celtic team who had been reduced to 10 men and still end up losing, is a huge opportunity missed rather than progress.

I would say being in that position when in the past we could lay a glove on them is progress. 

Long way still to go. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would say being in that position when in the past we could lay a glove on them is progress. 

Long way still to go. 

Im afraid I must be drinking from a half empty cup today CB - Id say that if we were getting humped 5-1 by them the only way is up !

2 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Im afraid I must be drinking from a half empty cup today CB - Id say tht if we wer getting humped 5-1 by them the only ay is up !

Agreed D’art we are climbing back from the basement so the only way is up. But after a couple of years of standing still we appear to be moving in the right direction again. 

After yesterday I still fancy us to do them at Hampden. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Wes did two or three save which stopped it from being Embarrassing for us we were never really in the game after we lost the poor goal just before halftime. 

At ten men they decided to go for the game we decided to do nothing. 

You sure you watched the same game yesterday.