Alves

He was actually decent yesterday won the majority of the balls in the air. He would be fine if teams lump the ball in the air for the full 90mins he can cope but his positional sense is suspect and has no pace. He's not as bad as everyone is making out and is just as bad as Martin at the back.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Thought Alves was decent. Others were at fault for the goals and he was largely solid enough.

I agree he's becoming a scapegoat. Still my first choice centre back.

He is for me too now Bates is injured, hopefully Cardoso never plays for us again.

23 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Thought he was ok yesterday. Not great by any means but nowhere near bad enough to deserve the criticism he's getting on here. In fact, he was the best of the 3 CBs we had on the pitch yesterday.

Cardoso and Alves seem to be the scapegoats of choice for yesterday.

Bates is probably fortunate he got injured as it seems to have taken the attention away from just how bad he was at their first goal. Yet I've seen umpteen people on here claiming that the 2nd goal wouldn't happen with him on the pitch.

I think the criticism aimed at him is worse due to the level he’s played at , I agree fully with it though , turned out to be another shambolic signing and I can’t wait to see the back of him a few months on from thinking he’s exactly what we need couldn't wait to see him in our shirt when we announced his signing 

Tin hat on here but I thought Alves was solid, dealt with everything in the air and his distribution is assured and efficient.  Also thought Cardoso did ok under the circumstances... hasn't played since October right?

if we were so worried about CB coverage Aiden Wilson shouldn't be out on loan.  

37 minutes ago, RowX said:

Tin hat on here but I thought Alves was solid, dealt with everything in the air and his distribution is assured and efficient.  Also thought Cardoso did ok under the circumstances... hasn't played since October right?

if we were so worried about CB coverage Aiden Wilson shouldn't be out on loan.  

Hahahaha wit

7 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I agree I thought alves was alright, one of our better players on the day to be honest. I think the 2nd goal if we had a faster CB than him, maybe he could have done more.. however the fault still lays with cardoso for me.

second  goal, which came at such a bad time for me blame lies with Cardoso (70%) and Wes (30%).