Best chance to beat them?

rfc_watp

In Murtys post match interview he said he told the players we wouldn't get a better chance to beat them. What does he mean by this? Injuries?

If it is then I can't work it out. Also hear tarriers saying it was their B team etc and we still couldn't beat them. As far as I know out of a full strength team they had Gordon out, Lustig their 1st choice RB, Bitton who is a bit part, Hayes who is even more a bit part and that ugly cretin gollum who gets rotated. That left them their 40trillion million striker starting, their captain, a full defence Lustig aside with a strong bench who weren't playing due to either form or not match sharp.

In comparison we were missing a first choice centre back Martin with our other one Bates going off injured 15mins in. McCrorie, Jack and Dorrans - basically a full midfield who arguably all would have started and our first choice left back from the start of the season and captain Lee Wallace.

Now I still think we need 2 or 3 quality signings in the summer to overhaul them but we weren't that far away yesterday..a quality centre back and someone who will take his chances to be precise.

We are mentally weak and this is what cost us and it's something that needs sorted, Murty didn't know what to do when they went down to 10 men and it filtered through to the players. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right saying that.

They had Griffiths, Roberts, Armstrong, Lustig and Gordon all out.

Sinclair benched.

Dembele a shadow of the player from last season.

Down to 10-men.

We were ahead twice.

At Ibrox with 50 thousand fans roaring us on.

We fucked it. Plain and simple. There's no progress in that when you apply the above context. Fucked it. Unforgivable. 

I`m not sure they can really play the "b team" card, yes they had players out but obviously so did we. In terms of circumstances, everything fell into place for us yesterday and we fucked it. Nevertheless, I`m refusing to believe that we just cannot beat them, there are plenty of games like the 2-0 Samaras one where I`ve scratched my head thinking "how the fuck have we lost this?" then there have been others like the 3-2 2012 game where we pull out a result against the odds. It may sound odd but I thought the sending off played into their hands more as we were doing better attacking wise when we had more space albeit were not good enough without the ball.

We will win one of the remaining OF games, hopefully both as were fucking due something and I choose to believe this as the alternative doesn`t bare thinking about.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That is showing the mentality now. Our “best chance” to beat them. 

Shouldn’t even be thinking like that. So if we did win, we beat cellic and that was it? We can all be happy forever? That’s the way he’s implying it. 

I think it all came down to mentality and self belief yesterday.

37 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

In Murtys post match interview he said he told the players we wouldn't get a better chance to beat them. What does he mean by this? Injuries?

We went in to the match in good form and confidence.  We had home advantage.  celtic started the game without Gordon, Griffiths, Lustig, Sinclair, Musonda, and Roberts, who were all either injured or out of form.  After 60 minutes celtic lost one of their first choice CBs and had to remove Rogic to put on newly signed CB Jack Hendry.  If we can't beat them, or even take a point from them, under those circumstances then it doesn't bode well for the future.

5 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Looks like Morelos confidence has completely gone, time to drop him for Cummins imo.

I absolutely love the guy and think technically he’s the best we’ve had for years, the work he puts in and his hold up play are superb but he’s missed a few absolute sitters and it looks like his heads gone down. Wether your right and he should be dropped or it’s best for him to play through it and hope he comes out the other side I don’t know. Got to say I’m leaning to you  and the former.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We went in to the match in good form and confidence.  We had home advantage.  celtic started the game without Gordon, Griffiths, Lustig, Sinclair, Musonda, and Roberts, who were all either injured or out of form.  After 60 minutes celtic lost one of their first choice CBs and had to remove Rogic to put on newly signed CB Jack Hendry.  If we can't beat them, or even take a point from them, under those circumstances then it doesn't bode well for the future.

It's all very well saying Roberts and Musonda were on the bench but because of the form of nae neck that's why they were there, never in a million years were all 3 starting. Also the thumb can't get a start even when he is fit so again it made no difference.

6 minutes ago, soulboy said:

It's all very well saying Roberts and Musonda were on the bench but because of the form of nae neck that's why they were there, never in a million years were all 3 starting. Also the thumb can't get a start even when he is fit so again it made no difference.

Not the case for Roberts he’s just came back from injury and wanted to play against us first game back - might have even been his first outing on the bench and only back in training a week or so ?

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not the case for Roberts he’s just came back from injury and wanted to play against us first game back - might have even been his first outing on the bench and only back in training a week or so ?

I know he's just back from injury but I just don't think he would of dropped nae neck the way he has been playing he's arguably been their best player this season.

Last season Roberts wasn't a guaranteed starter in the team so doubt he would have been this season either if fit.

3 minutes ago, soulboy said:

I know he's just back from injury but I just don't think he would of dropped nae neck the way he has been playing he's arguably been their best player this season.

Last season Roberts wasn't a guaranteed starter in the team so doubt he would have been this season either if fit.

Roberts is a good player imo full fit he walks into that team in my opinion 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He's right saying that.

They had Griffiths, Roberts, Armstrong, Lustig and Gordon all out.

Sinclair benched.

Dembele a shadow of the player from last season.

Down to 10-men.

We were ahead twice.

At Ibrox with 50 thousand fans roaring us on.

We fucked it. Plain and simple. There's no progress in that when you apply the above context. Fucked it. Unforgivable. 

You keep saying there's no progress but I can't see how anyone can say that. I'm as gutted as everyone else but not being where we want to be is not the same as not progressing towards it. We have a team who have became far more consistent. The team is playing far better and dropping far less points. Played 11 in 2018, won 9 and lost 2 scoring 33 goals. That' the first game against them in years I've went into expecting to win. We fell short and it's a hard one to take but we've clearly moved forward.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Roberts is a good player imo full fit he walks into that team in my opinion 

No disputing he's a good player but he was a good player last season as well but was in and out of the team. I'm just agreeing with the monk that no way was that their b team they played yesterday.

1 minute ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

You keep saying there's no progress but I can't see how anyone can say that. I'm as gutted as everyone else but not being where we want to be is not the same as not progressing towards it. We have a team who have became far more consistent. The team is playing far better and dropping far less points. Played 11 in 2018, won 9 and lost 2 scoring 33 goals. That' the first game against them in years I've went into expecting to win. We fell short and it's a hard one to take but we've clearly moved forward.

Again it depends on how you define progress - are we better at beating the rest of the spl and stringing wins together that we couldn’t? Yes absolutely 

are we any closer to challenging celtic? We absolutely aren’t and anyone saying so is deluded especially after I’ve mapped it out clearly in that post you quoted - you have to consider everything I’ve said there when you think it was a close game yesterday

celtic are getting worse and we all of a sudden aren’t closing the gap on them due to big strides 

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

That is showing the mentality now. Our “best chance” to beat them. 

Shouldn’t even be thinking like that. So if we did win, we beat cellic and that was it? We can all be happy forever? That’s the way he’s implying it. 

Agreed  It also ties in with him mentioning that there was a huge cheer went up in the dressing room when that draw was announced.  Wrong attitude. He used and emphasised it. wrongly. Big cheers go up when small 3rd div English teams draw Manu. We are Rangers and we need to behave and perform like it. Murty wears his heart on his sleeve too much.  He should learn not to say everything he is thinking.

39 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again it depends on how you define progress - are we better at beating the rest of the spl and stringing wins together that we couldn’t? Yes absolutely 

are we any closer to challenging celtic? We absolutely aren’t and anyone saying so is deluded especially after I’ve mapped it out clearly in that post you quoted - you have to consider everything I’ve said there when you think it was a close game yesterday

celtic are getting worse and we all of a sudden aren’t closing the gap on them due to big strides 

To be fair if we're consistently beating the other ten teams in the league then 90% of the time that's you won it. 

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agree with this. 

If we were closing the gap on them we would have went on and won that 30+ minutes of the game they had 10 men if we were closer to them we would have went on and won that game. Criminal not at least getting a draw ( not that a draw was any use) when they go to 10 men and it’s 2-2 you should not be losing that game. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

To be fair if we're consistently beating the other ten teams in the league then 90% of the time that's you won it. 

Ok then the improvement must be even less than I initially credited then as we are still nowhere near the title and the tarriers are terrible compared to last season 

He probably does feel he should have made a better fist of it when they went down to 10 but I think he will make a point of playing everything down in the run up to the cup game because he knows ultimately that's the one that will get him the job so why give brenda's team talk for him by running off at the mouth