Best chance to beat them?

rfc_watp

39 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again it depends on how you define progress - are we better at beating the rest of the spl and stringing wins together that we couldn’t? Yes absolutely 

are we any closer to challenging celtic? We absolutely aren’t and anyone saying so is deluded especially after I’ve mapped it out clearly in that post you quoted - you have to consider everything I’ve said there when you think it was a close game yesterday

celtic are getting worse and we all of a sudden aren’t closing the gap on them due to big strides 

I'd say yes we are definitely closer to challenging them. We havn't closed the gap yet but it's definitely reduced in my opinion. I expect us to win every game we now play. Thats the way it should be at this club and it shows clear progress from last year. You use the term "big strides" but it sounds very similar to progress. I'm still gutted about the score yesterday but don't think it' delusional to recognise we have moved forward.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ok then the improvement must be even less than I initially credited then as we are still nowhere near the title and the tarriers are terrible compared to last season 

#55 is obviously too far away this season, but it's not a million miles away either. 

A few smart signings in the summer and we're well on course for a full on assault next season. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

They had Griffiths, Roberts, Armstrong, Lustig and Gordon all out.

Get your point but Griffiths and Armstrong aren't usually starters. 

Could counter that by saying that's ok compared to our injury list: we had Martin, Mccrorie and Dorrans out who would have all been likely to start and maybe even Jack as well. Bates gone for 80 too.

4 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Get your point but Griffiths and Armstrong aren't usually starters. 

Could counter that by saying that's ok compared to our injury list: we had Martin, Mccrorie and Dorrans out who would have all been likely to start and maybe even Jack as well. Bates gone for 80 too.

McCrorie and Dorrans I feel will make a big difference to us when fit playing in Center mid ahead of Goss and Docherty but Griffiths and Armstrong are good players who would have played yesterday and better than what we’ve got in their respective positions (when they’re on form) 

4 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

In Murtys post match interview he said he told the players we wouldn't get a better chance to beat them. What does he mean by this? Injuries?

If it is then I can't work it out. Also hear tarriers saying it was their B team etc and we still couldn't beat them. As far as I know out of a full strength team they had Gordon out, Lustig their 1st choice RB, Bitton who is a bit part, Hayes who is even more a bit part and that ugly cretin gollum who gets rotated. That left them their 40trillion million striker starting, their captain, a full defence Lustig aside with a strong bench who weren't playing due to either form or not match sharp.

In comparison we were missing a first choice centre back Martin with our other one Bates going off injured 15mins in. McCrorie, Jack and Dorrans - basically a full midfield who arguably all would have started and our first choice left back from the start of the season and captain Lee Wallace.

Now I still think we need 2 or 3 quality signings in the summer to overhaul them but we weren't that far away yesterday..a quality centre back and someone who will take his chances to be precise.

We are mentally weak and this is what cost us and it's something that needs sorted, Murty didn't know what to do when they went down to 10 men and it filtered through to the players. 

In our current situation I took that as tbh.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He's right saying that.

Sinclair benched.

Dembele a shadow of the player from last season.

Down to 10-men.

We were ahead twice.

At Ibrox with 50 thousand fans roaring us on.

We fucked it. Plain and simple. There's no progress in that when you apply the above context. Fucked it. Unforgivable. 

Armstrong wasn't out, he came on as a sub. Roberts was available for selection albeit on the bench and not match sharp. 

Sinclair was on the bench as he wasn't good enough to make the team according to their manager and Dembele played and scored 3 in his last 3.

The rest of your post I agree with but I don't get the argument about them not having a fit and full squad to choose from.

We flung it away yesterday which was unforgiveable but we have plenty talent to come back into the squad and if we apply our tactics properly in the next game then there is no reason we shouldn't beat them. They are genuinely not that great and if we show them less respect next month and press them far more aggressively then we should beat them. 

1 minute ago, rfc_watp said:

Armstrong wasn't out, he came on as a sub. Roberts was available for selection albeit on the bench and not match sharp. 

Sinclair was on the bench as he wasn't good enough to make the team according to their manager and Dembele played and scored 3 in his last 3.

The rest of your post I agree with but I don't get the argument about them not having a fit and full squad to choose from.

We flung it away yesterday which was unforgiveable but we have plenty talent to come back into the squad and if we apply our tactics properly in the next game then there is no reason we shouldn't beat them. They are genuinely not that great and if we show them less respect next month and press them far more aggressively then we should beat them. 

I know Sinclair was on the bench because of form possibly but that kinda sums up what I'm trying to say about form being temporary and how we have to capitalise when they aren't at the races. Armstrong and Roberts if they were both fully fit (match fit) both play yesterday. It was a depleted side in my opinion.

You could point to McCrorie and Dorrans for us I suppose but overall Murty is totally correct in what he's saying about it being our best chance yet to bury them.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Again it depends on how you define progress - are we better at beating the rest of the spl and stringing wins together that we couldn’t? Yes absolutely 

are we any closer to challenging celtic? We absolutely aren’t and anyone saying so is deluded especially after I’ve mapped it out clearly in that post you quoted - you have to consider everything I’ve said there when you think it was a close game yesterday

celtic are getting worse and we all of a sudden aren’t closing the gap on them due to big strides 

We may have progressed in many areas however we are mentally miles behind them, we lack leaders/winners that would have smelled blood yesterday - there should have been no way back following the opener when they were on the ropes. 

2 minutes ago, markem said:

We may have progressed in many areas however we are mentally miles behind them, we lack leaders/winners that would have smelled blood yesterday - there should have been no way back following the opener when they were on the ropes. 

Correct. Talent-wise there's a chunk of our best XI that can match them on our day ability-wise but we are light years behind in terms of balls, mentality, winning etc. I don't see a lot of characters in our side. I see some technically good players but that's only 50% of being successful at either of the Old Firm and doing well in Scotland in general.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Correct. Talent-wise there's a chunk of our best XI that can match them on our day ability-wise but we are light years behind in terms of balls, mentality, winning etc. I don't see a lot of characters in our side. I see some technically good players but that's only 50% of being successful at either of the Old Firm and doing well in Scotland in general.

Spot on.  

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know Sinclair was on the bench because of form possibly but that kinda sums up what I'm trying to say about form being temporary and how we have to capitalise when they aren't at the races. Armstrong and Roberts if they were both fully fit (match fit) both play yesterday. It was a depleted side in my opinion.

You could point to McCrorie and Dorrans for us I suppose but overall Murty is totally correct in what he's saying about it being our best chance yet to bury them.

You said they weren't at the races but tbh, I don't think we were either. We took the lead twice without every really dominating the game. It was a great chance to bury them just the same as we should have when we played the last game in December. 

I guess what I'm getting at is if we are at our best and with a fully fit squad then I believe we are more than a match for them.

Your other posts about mentality are spot on. Not sure if it's mental weakness which would be worrying or a lack of big game experience or to use a modern cliché, lack of 'game management'.

7 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

You said they weren't at the races but tbh, I don't think we were either. We took the lead twice without every really dominating the game. It was a great chance to bury them just the same as we should have when we played the last game in December. 

I guess what I'm getting at is if we are at our best and with a fully fit squad then I believe we are more than a match for them.

Your other posts about mentality are spot on. Not sure if it's mental weakness which would be worrying or a lack of big game experience or to use a modern cliché, lack of 'game management'.

Yeah I don't think they were at the races if I'm honest - they are capable of playing better. Anderlecht and Zenit at home shows me they are still a good team when they click (and I don't want to give them any praise at all) ... they've played us three times so far this season, beat us twice at Ibrox and drawn with us once without playing great - that in itself tells an alarming story. It really does. 

On 12/03/2018 at 15:15, Prso's headband said:

That is showing the mentality now. Our “best chance” to beat them. 

Shouldn’t even be thinking like that. So if we did win, we beat cellic and that was it? We can all be happy forever? That’s the way he’s implying it. 

Yeh, it came across to me as he sees celtic as miles better. I wouldn’t be happy if I was a player as it shows a lack of faith from the manager.

thats and his bizarre suggestion that the red card was pivotal in a negative context is making me concerned that Murty is actually an idiot!

On 12/03/2018 at 14:53, K.A.I said:

He's right saying that.

Sinclair benched.

Dembele a shadow of the player from last season.

Down to 10-men.

We were ahead twice.

At Ibrox with 50 thousand fans roaring us on.

We fucked it. Plain and simple. There's no progress in that when you apply the above context. Fucked it. Unforgivable. 

We bottled it. Again.

Thats what we are now and have been for a good few years. Bottle merchants.

On 12/03/2018 at 15:17, Moody Blue Legend said:

Still struggling with how the fuck we managed to throw that away yesterday.

I’m the same mate, it’s one thing getting beat when the opposition are just too good but those cunts were there for the taking. I just hope the players have more fight about them going into the semi and the picture of Lego muncher celebrating with fucking sunglasses on at the end is the only motivation they should need. 

1 minute ago, TBagalag said:

I’m the same mate, it’s one thing getting beat when the opposition are just too good but those cunts were there for the taking. I just hope the players have more fight about them going into the semi and the picture of Lego muncher celebrating with fucking sunglasses on at the end is the only motivation they should need. 

I'm still the same now.  Guys at work today saying it was a great exciting game, blah blah......  I just tell them I don't want to talk about it. 

Avoided all press, highlights and talk, but walked past a paper on a table today and Lego was there with shades on and topless I'm sure.  Then in one thread in here there was that repulsive shredded wheat headed bastard flying his adopted flag up the Broomy.

Getting too auld for this shit!! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I'm still the same now.  Guys at work today saying it was a great exciting game, blah blah......  I just tell them I don't want to talk about it. 

Avoided all press, highlights and talk, but walked past a paper on a table today and Lego was there with shades on and topless I'm sure.  Then in one thread in here there was that repulsive shredded wheat headed bastard flying his adopted flag up the Broomy.

Getting too auld for this shit!! :lol: 

My old dear mentioned the thumb picture to me today, had to shut her up as my blood was boiling thinking about that and the match again. Can we not just fast forward to winning 55??

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Agreed, only Aberdeen are bigger bottlers than us.

Never mind league games v them. How many semi finals/finals have we bottled since we went down? 5? 6?

We aren't capable of getting it done anymore.