2m a year & an under 20s novice - the difference

Clarkyyy

2 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Fek sakes Brenda was quoted as saying they practice playing if they go down to ten men. Do we even think about that but the major problem yesterday was Cummings should have been on straight after red card. Playing 2 upfront against a keech defence & 10 men  and we would have won it.

Correct, go to 3-5-2 and stretch them across the park in the middle allowing Morelos and Cummings to expoit the gaps and leaving 3 at the back to nullify their 1 up front.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Murty is a novice and no doubt he is learning and making his mistakes in an environment where every decision is under a microscope, but unless the board are going to put serious money down to get a manager with experience and a decent track record then for me Murty is the best bet to stay in the current position. He has had one transfer window and loans or not the signings made have given us some progress. I would like to see how the squad would look after a summer window. I really don't see the point of going down a Pedro or Warburton mark 2 route.

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Don’t think he’s a shitebag. Just think he’s completely naive regarding in game tactics. Can’t seem to change it or see it 

There’s no way he can’t see it mate, I get he’s an under 20s coach but when almost every fan can see it surely he can. I just think he shat it yesterday.

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

Correct, go to 3-5-2 and stretch them across the park in the middle allowing Morelos and Cummings to expoit the gaps and leaving 3 at the back to nullify their 1 up front.

Nope, none of the players have ever played 352 for us and we only had 2 CBs available so that was completely out of the question. Should have taken off players that were hiding like Windass and Goss for Cummings and Holt and told the team to press them higher.

Generally speaking when companies hire a key manager who is expected to deliver vastly improved performance then they usually take care to make a selection that stands a very good chance of delivering what the company wants to achieve.   Then its get on with it, measure performance and reward accordingly (reward including 'fire him' if the manager is not up to it).     The company execs will appreciate that companies generally get what they are prepared to pay for.

In getting what they pay for the Rangers board need to decide if appointing a rookie inexperienced manager is really the route to producing a title-winning side.    

That is what they must decide in summer.   If they stick with a strategy of letting Murty learn on the job and gather enough managerial nous to overtake the other lot and win a title sometime soon then, imo, its quite a gamble they are taking on our behalf.   

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

How the fuck can a Rangers CF look surprised when a ball falls to his feet three yards out.

Should be a question mark at the end there :whistle:

Anyway I didn't realise he was three yards out, might forgive the debacle now, could have sworn that could have hit my cat and gone in.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Nope, none of the players have ever played 352 for us and we only had 2 CBs available so that was completely out of the question. Should have taken off players that were hiding like Windass and Goss for Cummings and Holt and told the team to press them higher.

Then as said elsewhere we should have a plan to play against 10 men who have only 1 up front.   We only need 2 centrebacks and 1 of rhe full backs against 1 striker.

5 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

Nonsense.  Brenda was forced to make a change because they had a man sent off.  There was absolutely no need for Murty to do similar.  To blame our defeat yesterday on timing of substitutions is grasping at straws.

That was my argument yesterday, any man and their dug knows that Rogic lasts 60 mins.....coupled with the sending off he had no option but to reshuffle, some on here are bigging Brenda up as some sort tactical genius.....if murty made the changes and we still lost he would be getting in the neck for changing the system when we started the 2nd half the better team!!

4 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I think the manager is too pally with his players and doesn’t want to upset anyone changing it early, Josh was blowing out his arse the second half and needed replaced, we played with two wingers mate stretching them, they played two up when they had ten men which leaves spaces behind their front two and our wingers stayed wide and no one took a gamble through the channels, Murphy on a few occasions was basically allowed by them to run across their 18 yard box as they knew none of our midfielders were taking or making runs into dangerous positions in the box, Murphy was desperate to flick it thru but had to go square and the ball ended up at Tav in the corner and they easily defend d that all day.

Not for a second saying Holt is the answer but he does make many runs into the box giving options

May seem absolutely crazy to say so but I was actually a bit disappointed to see them go down to ten men.  Our best weapon, catching them on the break was removed and meant we had to do what we aren’t good at, breaking down a packed defence.  I think it also took any psychological pressure of them.

4 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

May seem absolutely crazy to say so but I was actually a bit disappointed to see them go down to ten men.  Our best weapon, catching them on the break was removed and meant we had to do what we aren’t good at, breaking down a packed defence.  I think it also took any psychological pressure of them.

I kinda think this too funnily enough. It meant they needed to get their shit together defensively. 

Good shout

10 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Then as said elsewhere we should have a plan to play against 10 men who have only 1 up front.   We only need 2 centrebacks and 1 of rhe full backs against 1 striker.

They had 2 strikers on, which of our fullbacks would you be putting at CB? Tav who was having an awful game defensively and is also one of our better attacking players who you’d be stifling, or John who had a good game but can’t defend for toffee.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I kinda think this too funnily enough. It meant they needed to get their shit together defensively. 

Good shout

If that’s how you get your shit together defensively we shouldn’t have brought anyone on for Bates when he got injured.

Morelos for all the good he has done this season it’s starting to look as if he’s beginning to stutter and unfortunately he no doubt cost us at least a point yesterday.

However, I reckon he’ll be running on close to empty. Am I right in thinking that his season started earlier than ours in Finland? I reckon he’ll be blowing out his arse come next few weeks, he’ll be desperate for the end of the season - time for CumDog to shine.

Just now, chris182 said:

Morelos for all the good he has done this season is starting to stutter and no doubt cost us at least a point yesterday.

However, I reckon he’ll be running on close to empty. Am I right in thinking that his season started earlier than ours in Finland? I reckon he’ll be blowing out his arse come next few weeks, he’ll be desperate for the end of the season - time for CumDog to shine.

He’s played almost a year of constant football, only real break he got was the winter break just then.

3 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

Don’t agree.  Murty picked his team and decided to have faith in them to do the job.  We were well on top throughout the period they had ten men, we had plenty of possession we just didn’t have the nouse to break them down.  Holt wouldn’t have provided that, nor did Cummings.  We had an excellent chance to score just before they broke away for their third, if Morelos had converted it things would likely have worked out different.  

Correct and sadly i think fatigue came into play with Candaise ,Murphy , Docherty and Tavernier all over hitting passes or crosses more than a few times each in the last twenty  . Brenda got out of jail for playing a fanny who was not match fit should have cost him the game but luckily he had a quality striker to come on while our bench was very average to say the least.

7 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Morelos for all the good he has done this season it’s starting to look as if he’s beginning to stutter and unfortunately he no doubt cost us at least a point yesterday.

All too late I'm afraid. The one real chance we had is now gone. Brenda now has our new look us well sussed in prep for the semi and I fear the worst. The reality is they do have better players and a better manager and the element of susprise to take their scalp is now gone.

Cummings should have been a regular starter long before this, but for the beligerance of Murty and his blind spot for teo of his favoured sons in particular. The way Murty has treated Cummings is a disgrace, but heh, he knows best, doesn't he?!

TBH, I'd  now rather Cummings remaned on the bench, as he will only be made the fall guy by the usual detractors, but he can take to to the field and do himself and us proud, even if it results in defeat and no thanks to Murty.

45 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Catching them on the break, at home ffs. We looking to be the sheep?

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Windass forced the best chance we could have wished for, had a shit game aye, hardly hiding

8 hours ago, hammer93 said:

That was my argument yesterday, any man and their dug knows that Rogic lasts 60 mins.....coupled with the sending off he had no option but to reshuffle, some on here are bigging Brenda up as some sort tactical genius.....if murty made the changes and we still lost he would be getting in the neck for changing the system when we started the 2nd half the better team!!

On 25th Feb v the sheep Rogic lasted 73 minutes so not sure with 2 weeks more fitness he was only ever going to last 60.

Not sure who has Brenda as a "tactical genius" but there's no doubting his actions had a positive effect. His options were limited with a keeper, Armstrong, defender and wide players and a centre forward on the bench. Shortly after he put on the boy Hendry he chose the forward, who scored and won 3 points for a team with 10 men for half an hour. Genius no but successful clearly.

You're likely right that Murty would have caught it if he changed tactics and we lost. But that's all hypothetical. He didn't make the changes which secured a draw or win against 10 men and that's factual. He rightly deserves criticism for that.