Beasts abusing Russell Martin

Smile

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s scum behaviour but you’d expect nothing less.

I keep saying it the way to stop it is to win 55, regain the power and the SNP will be out on their arses before too long too and it’ll swing back round to normality. Plus winning 55 will see a reduction in their support due to the mass suicide of trying to deal with 55.

There is a bit on the news about this but not sure who's running with it, but I'm sure it won't be up long, I have seen stuff relating to Rangers in a bad light being on certain news sites for up too a week and anything to do with them in a bad light disappear within a day or not even get mentioned at all.

6 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

meh

you cant call them out for mock offence and get your knickers in a twist over this

its two neds with fuck all going for them in a shop calling an athlete 

slightly off topic     - but watching the whole saga and seeing the reaction of certain politicians to the UB march, it struck me though that absolutely nobody defends rangers fans from a political or media point of view - absolutely nobody. Yet the cellic support has high ranking politicians and journalists in their midst who denigrate us at every turn and then keep quiet when stuff like this happens.

Im not offended by it in the slightest - but I am concerned at the disparity in both the reporting of it and how it is played out in the media and in political circles. There is only one side winning that battle at the moment and it is certainly not us. I cant think of one politician who regularly tweets against the cellic support, the way they have politicians who regularly tweet against us (for example).

I've said it before on here - everybody talks about the "we hate catholics" song in the trainspotting 2 movie - but its the monologue just before it we should be paying attention to  - "These are the folks that have been abandoned by the political class". Its absolutely true.

54 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

slightly off topic     - but watching the whole saga and seeing the reaction of certain politicians to the UB march, it struck me though that absolutely nobody defends Rangers fans from a political or media point of view - absolutely nobody. Yet the cellic support has high ranking politicians and journalists in their midst who denigrate us at every turn and then keep quiet when stuff like this happens.

Im not offended by it in the slightest - but I am concerned at the disparity in both the reporting of it and how it is played out in the media and in political circles. There is only one side winning that battle at the moment and it is certainly not us. I cant think of one politician who regularly tweets against the cellic support, the way they have politicians who regularly tweet against us (for example).

I've said it before on here - everybody talks about the "we hate catholics" song in the trainspotting 2 movie - but its the monologue just before it we should be paying attention to  - "These are the folks that have been abandoned by the political class". Its absolutely true.

Don't necessarily disagree with any of the points you've made, but as you've admitted yourself they're wider points.

In this specific instance, it's genuinely not obvious to me that two Rangers supporting neds calling a white English celtic player a fenian bastard and a prick would be a national scandal, or lead to a  groundhog day against our entire support. 

5 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's a disgrace that there isn't equal reporting. News outlets should be justifying why they aren't showing that on their websites etc. if they're not.

It doesn't excuse the abuse of Scott Sinclair though. Players like Brown and Griffiths I can understand to an extent given some of the things they've said/done, but the folk who do it just look like absolute arseholes no exceptions. What kid of grown man feels the need to shout shite like those morons in the Martin video? Fucking pathetic 

I agree.

Never mind feel the need though.

What makes them think they have the RIGHT to do it?

Any normal person would be worried about getting their collar felt, cutting about, randomly abusing people like that.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I agree.

Never mind feel the need though.

What makes them think they have the RIGHT to do it?

Any normal person would be worried about getting their collar felt, cutting about, randomly abusing people like that.

Because they do actually have the right. 

If they were a Rangers fan they'd be ridiculed and possibly in danger of a charge and losing their job. A celtic fan? It'll be harmless banter and they'll be a twitter hero for a day or two. 

Remember the young boy who had a go at Waghorn, he was treated like a hero. A fat little prick. If I had a go at an adult like that, any adult, my mother would've slapped me around the head. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Because they do actually have the right. 

If they were a Rangers fan they'd be ridiculed and possibly in danger of a charge and losing their job. A celtic fan? It'll be harmless banter and they'll be a twitter hero for a day or two. 

Remember the young boy who had a go at Waghorn, he was treated like a hero. A fat little prick. If I had a go at an adult like that, any adult, my mother would've slapped me around the head. 

Beggars belief (‘scuse the pun!).

I just can’t get my head around the road we’re heading down with this sort of stuff.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Beggars belief (‘scuse the pun!).

I just can’t get my head around the road we’re heading down with this sort of stuff.

It's right through society and our club sadly reflects that. 

Everyone associated with celtic, players, ex players, coaches, board, supporters in media, etc want to beat us and rub our faces right in it.

On our side, only us the support, feel like that. Ex players are too busy calling "Broony" a " good lad", manager is a gimp who talks up celtics stadium, board want to build bridges, players can't wait to cuddle their opponents and shuffle off after yet another defeat. 

It's so disheartening. 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's right through society and our club sadly reflects that. 

Everyone associated with celtic, players, ex players, coaches, board, supporters in media, etc want to beat us and rub our faces right in it.

On our side, only us the support, feel like that. Ex players are too busy calling "Broony" a " good lad", manager is a gimp who talks up celtics stadium, board want to build bridges, players can't wait to cuddle their opponents and shuffle off after yet another defeat. 

It's so disheartening. 

Yes.

I’m glad I don’t have to live amongst it - it’s bad enough from a distance, especially as the chat I get on a daily basis is from folk who hear only what has been mis-reported.

Try and stand our corner & folk look at you as if you’ve asked them to perform an unnatural act!

We’re fighting an uphill battle.

7 hours ago, Vanoli said:

meh

you cant call them out for mock offence and get your knickers in a twist over this

its two neds with fuck all going for them in a shop calling an athlete 

Its not mock offense. If the sinclair pish on Sunday night makes the front page (which it shouldn't have) then so should this. 

Parity,no?

I would like to know when we became the "H***",

Go home you H***

Go home you H***

Go home you H***, go home.

Was a chant belted by the bears  at their fans streaming out of the ground before the end of the match which we had in the bag, so that derogatory term has been transferred somewhere along the line.

where did all these *** come from?

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I have had quite a few times lately where I have been standing next to beggar players and some haters doing my job .

Not once have I risked my livelihood although I think to myself . Wish I had a free pass to do whatever

Thats the sacrifices you have to make when you take up the priesthood 

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Its not mock offense. If the sinclair pish on Sunday night makes the front page (which it shouldn't have) then so should this. 

Parity,no?

Pretty much happens on a regular basis nowadays 

Your right .There is no parity nowadays when I comes to anything connected to Rangers

When did we last see a positive story about the fans or the club

You take decades of religious apartheid in a country's education system and this is what you get.

Knuckle dragging inbred scum who have probably been abused sexually since the age of five or six, had a feeling of being the victim beaten into them at home by their Guinness swilling junkie parents and then we're surprised by this type of behaviour.

What surprises me is that any of the so called main stream media have bothered their arse with it. Credit to the player though, he refused to rise to it.