If Murty had the contract in his pocket yesterday would we have won?

Thermopylae

Hard to see why Cummings wasn't put on when they went down to 10 so is it a fair assumption that Murty knew a draw or even narrow win yesterday wouldn't necessarily have got him the job but a bad defeat would certainty have lost him it?  I just can't see any other reason for his caution surely as a manager you must have the killer instinct and when you smell blood you have to drive home your advantage.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still can’t believe we didn’t press the fuck out them in the first 25 minutes we could’ve killed it there and then. 

It was a fucking joke the way we stood off them, not once but fucking twice. They could hardly string two passes together in the first 5 minutes, even Brown was giving it away. They looked shocked we’d came flying out right into their faces and scored. 

His nonsense about attacking football at Ibrox etc was made redundant the moment we stood off them after taking the upper hand twice. 

But aye a get where you’re coming from. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I still can’t believe we didn’t press the fuck out them in the first 25 minutes we could’ve killed it there and then. 

It was a fucking joke the way we stood off them, not once but fucking twice. They could hardly string two passes together in the first 5 minutes, even Brown was giving it away. They looked shocked we’d came flying out right into their faces and scored. 

His nonsense about attacking football at Ibrox etc was made redundant the moment we stood off them after taking the upper hand twice. 

They shat it When we scored, couldn’t believe what hit them, after that soft as fuck goal we conceded we shat it and never looked like we believed we could win.

Tactical changes during a game are a problem for him, even most subs he makes are like for like positionally.

I don't think during the game he thought about anything like the risk to him of losing v the benefits of winning.

I just don't think he was capable of tactically managing the situation whereas unfortunately Brenda did.

8 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm not convinced he will get the job right now, he has still to secure second place and hopefully get us into the final. It's still a big ask of him.

He has to learn from yesterday ... if he does then he probably deserves the job 

I fully expect us to get second place and Murty to be given the job on a longer contract but Thermopylae raises a good question about his bottle and perhaps lack of a killer instinct, we just don't know him well enough yet.

13 minutes ago, Grundy said:

I fully expect us to get second place and Murty to be given the job on a longer contract but Thermopylae raises a good question about his bottle and perhaps lack of a killer instinct, we just don't know him well enough yet.

This is perhaps the thing that really separates a good under 20s coach from a good manager the boss has to take the big decisions and often at a moments notice

18 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tactical changes during a game are a problem for him, even most subs he makes are like for like positionally.

I don't think during the game he thought about anything like the risk to him of losing v the benefits of winning.

I just don't think he was capable of tactically managing the situation whereas unfortunately Brenda did.

I don’t think it was a masterclass by Brenda. He plays one up top and hope to break on the counter with fresh legs. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn’t.

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t think it was a masterclass by Brenda. He plays one up top and hope to break on the counter with fresh legs. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I'm not saying it was a masterclass. But when going down to 10 he quickly confirmed tactics with Brown which showed organisation, and he showed balls to put on an extra central forward when most would probably have went defensive.

Both worked, he managed the game, and with both the immediate dealing with them going to 10 and our substitutions Murty failed.

35 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

They were rattled alright, it was a wind up as was not throwing on Cummings when elbows was sent off, everyone in the stadium could see it (well nearly everyone) that was poor management yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

This is perhaps the thing that really separates a good under 20s coach from a good manager the boss has to take the big decisions and often at a moments notice

You may well be right and his inexperience is showing, let's hope he learns, and quickly.

In the Blue corner an U20 manager promoted to the big time learning on the hoof ( and improving ).  In the green corner an EPL reject who has 10yrs experience.   In the Blue corner a naive team slowly gelling but lacking the killer touch ( at the moment).  In the green corner a team in decline that knows its days are numbered, infinately more experienced than their Blue opponents but scraping home in a match that they had strolled 5-1 the previous season.   In the Blue corner a team that has risen from seemingly permanent obscurity to challenge again and  rattle the cages of those in the green corner and their political and media allies.   They may have won the battle but they are running scared.   We will will the war.

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Hard to see why Cummings wasn't put on when they went down to 10 so is it a fair assumption that Murty knows a draw or even narrow win yesterday wouldn't necessarily have got him the job but a bad defeat would certainty have lost him it?  I just can't see any other reason for his caution surely as a manager you must have the killer instinct and when you smell blood you have to drive home your advantage.

If he was somehow holding back for the sake of a contract which I think you are insinuating, then he has no place as Rangers manager. Like you say our manager needs a killer instinct or just to fuck off out of it now if not. Think it more likely he gets lost in the atmosphere of a big game at home and is not able to see glaring changes which need made, which is just as unacceptable. Just hoping he is intelligent enough to learn very fast, as in by the semi final type fast. My verdict is out till then as clearly these scum are there for the taking.