Jimmy Nicholl

minstral

Up until the sending off most of our attacks were of the win the ball in midfield and look for a runner out wide on the break, look at both our goals. Once they went to ten their full backs sat deeper and denied our wide men space so we had to pass back and forth in front of their two banks of four. We have struggled against this all season, nothing to do with Jimmy Nicholl or Murtys lack of tactical awareness just the fact that at this time we don't have the players to break this kind of tactic.

23 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Up until the sending off most of our attacks were of the win the ball in midfield and look for a runner out wide on the break, look at both our goals. Once they went to ten their full backs sat deeper and denied our wide men space so we had to pass back and forth in front of their two banks of four. We have struggled against this all season, nothing to do with Jimmy Nicholl or Murtys lack of tactical awareness just the fact that at this time we don't have the players to break this kind of tactic.

Exactly. When they went down to 10 they changed it and denied us the opportunity to counter like we did before.. this changed the game completely. 

3 hours ago, RDFM said:

How do you know he didn’t have a say in the subs or when to bring them on and who’s to say he didn’t tell Murty to sit back?

In which case, he’s equally culpable.

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's seems from some (not aimed at the OP ; just a general observation I've seen over the last few weeks) that our good run of 9 wins in 10 was primarily down to Nicholl joining and not Murty. However when we lose it seems to be all Murtys fault. My view on our upturn in form is fairly simplistic. We signed better players in January and now have a better squad. That said as a team Murty, Nicholl, JJ seem to have done well since January collectively as a team.

With regard to the subs or lack thereof whilst I agree it should have been changed earlier I can also see why it wasn't. IMO Murphy was our best player and wasn't coming off. Candeias wasn't far off and wasn't coming off either. Buffalo was causing them problems and is a threat. Taking Goss off could have been risky as we could have been left short in midfield. Windass could have been an option but I don't think he was as bad as made out and he's always a threat. His shot should have got us a point if buffalo scores.

We had 33 minutes left when they were down to ten. We had loads of time to break them down. There was no need to force the issue. We didn't need to change it straight away.

Murtys post match comments were actually fairly accurate when he said the players weren't trying to play through them, weren't moving it fast enough and were crossing from too deep.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If buffalo puts us 3 - 2 up I think we win and probably win pretty comfortably. He didn't. We lost and everyone involved is culpable but moreso the players IMO. Murty is not without his faults but even when Cummings came on everything Murty said the players weren't doing they continued to do them. We only really played through them once after Cummings came on. Cummings coming on earlier wouldn't have guaranteed anything. I guess we'll never though.

It's possible that Murty gets it tighter than Nicholl because Murty is a drippy, wet blanket, sad sack who falls over himself to laud the "celtic Park Arena" and cuddle Brendan Rodgers. 

8 hours ago, minstral said:

Was on about the first half after we scored, we seemed to sit back and let them have the ball.

The tims did knock a fair few passes together which maybe made it look that way but generally we set up to counter attack and imo we were a threat for 90 mins but a lack of quality let us down.

13 hours ago, Cedrick said:

According to Murty on RTV interview , the players weren’t following the instructions they’d worked on all week 

These players or atleast most of them aren’t good enough long term to compete against and beat the taigs.  You could sense panic a lot of the time when we had the ball, Morelos panicked twice and missed when both occasions it would be easier to score. We lack composure the tims forwards have.

you can tell we have mainly small time players by the way they look past an upcoming fixture and focus on the celtic game,  and while these players see celtic as a massive game or a better team then we’ll always be 2nd to them.

we need a mindset like the past squads had.  Let celtic players talk in the papers and us do our talking on the pitch,  the players are left eating humble pie especially after having the balls to cheer the semi final draw.  

19 hours ago, minstral said:

Was he not brought in to help Murty, you would have thought he would have a say in the subs, and when to bring them on. He knows all about beating the scum, and when we scored so early he should have told Murty to keep attacking, instead of sitting back.

Aye been thinking this since the game, where was JN?

20 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

They didn't play 2 banks of four, they had 2 up front so that would be impossible with 10 men unless they didn't play a goalie.

14 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Someone on our bus said Nicholl was shouting instructions at Murty and Murty then started pointing at himself as if to say he's the man in charge. Don't know how true that is. 

Would not surprise me.

If Morelos had football boots on instead of wellies,if Alves and Cardoso were not doing Stan and Ollie impersonations and if our goalie had a good game we would have won at a canter with GM + JN hailed as tactical geniuses.

2 hours ago, five stars said:

They didn't play 2 banks of four, they had 2 up front so that would be impossible with 10 men unless they didn't play a goalie.

Point was that they reduced the amount of space for our wide men compared to when it was 11 v 11 and think Edouard played on the wide left of a middle 4 look where his run was from for his goal.

On 13/03/2018 at 00:12, gsa said:

It's possible that Murty gets it tighter than Nicholl because Murty is a drippy, wet blanket, sad sack who falls over himself to laud the "celtic Park Arena" and cuddle Brendan Rodgers. 

Hate that cuddling shite with the tranny!

On 13/3/2018 at 00:12, gsa said:

Was the issue from the moment he was appointed.

I long for the day we have a proper no nonsense manager again 

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:17, minstral said:

Was he not brought in to help Murty, you would have thought he would have a say in the subs, and when to bring them on. He knows all about beating the scum, and when we scored so early he should have told Murty to keep attacking, instead of sitting back.

we all thought weir would do this as well with warbs but he never seemed to do much. he also knew how to beat the scum. we have to ask the question does murty listen or make the calls on his own the same as warbs seemed to. either way don't think we can blame JN for the defeat 

I'll probably get pelters for this, but I'd look at JN taking over until end of season. Murty is out of his depth and it might be good for him as well as the team if he went back to the U 20s.

JN might not be ideal, but he's there and something needs to change soon. Aberdeen could move ahead of us and Hibs could be snapping on our heals.

We're going to have a few battles on our hands and a I don't think Murty is up to fighting a war.

1 hour ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

I'll probably get pelters for this, but I'd look at JN taking over until end of season. Murty is out of his depth and it might be good for him as well as the team if he went back to the U 20s.

JN might not be ideal, but he's there and something needs to change soon. Aberdeen could move ahead of us and Hibs could be snapping on our heals.

We're going to have a few battles on our hands and a I don't think Murty is up to fighting a war.

Said to my son earlier tonight. We are coming 3rd this season. Possibly 4th. Reckon taigs could drop points to hibs and sheep just to help screw us. 

Not get pelters off me, i was thinking the same earlier.

Wouldn't ever get pellets for such a suggestion, but it ain't the answer. Switching them around won't change the direction we are going this season. We have 1 game left in our season now and Murty will still be in charge when that comes around.