An Ill-Judged Use of Slang or a Bigot?

Virtuoso

10 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Following our public ostracisation and shameful demonisation how many politicians (who I have no time for at the best of times) have stood up and publicly defended or even had anything good to say publicly about Rangers, can’t honestly think of one.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/14589688.VIDEO__Port_councillor_s_disgust_at_Ibrox_Disaster_graffiti_abuse/

His likes are few and far between but credit to him for standing up to be counted.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The SNP are rabid fucking bheasts as you can see from them falling over themselves to have a pop at Rangers and our support in that article.

Yet some 'Rangers fans' still vote for them?

The time has been for quite some time that you need to pick a side here - the SNP and their wee cause or Rangers.

Of course there's people who vote for these guys and still claim to support Rangers but in my eyes they are no supporters of Rangers. If they vote SNP then they have made their decision and it's to our detriment. 

It's us and them. Literally is. Being ignorant to them and their ways is no excuse for any Rangers fan - especially when it's laid out like that in front of their eyes and they still choose to ignore the hatred for us.

'J'  -I've been banging this drum for years, on here and elsewhere, unfortunately there's an element of our support who blindly follow the Scottish Natzis and separate the two issues.

The fact is, as you mention, there's no separating them, it's either or.

Funnily enough (or maybe not) the Scottish Republicans have decided to avoid this thread like the plague  :sarcasm:

5 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

'J'  -I've been banging this drum for years, on here and elsewhere, unfortunately there's an element of our support who blindly follow the Scottish Natzis and separate the two issues.

The fact is, as you mention, there's no separating them, it's either or.

Funnily enough (or maybe not) the Scottish Republicans have decided to avoid this thread like the plague  :sarcasm:

Folks telling bears how to support their team  :lol:

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Folks telling bears how to support their team  :lol:

You do see we are a political punching bag? It is open season on anything Rangers, protestant or unionist. 

I wouldn't tell anyone how to vote, just to make people aware that the party in power is no friend to us, and that everything is one way. I also feel uncomfortable being called certain things by elected politicians under the guise of "banter".

Just now, Virtuoso said:

I'm not telling anyone, anything.

The fact is, we have no place within our support for Scottish Republicans.

How should we vote then Virtuoso? which Political Party should Rangers fans vote for to make them "more" of a Rangers fan. a bit stauncher. a bit more Rangers like.

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You do see we are a political punching bag? It is open season on anything Rangers, protestant or unionist. 

I wouldn't tell anyone how to vote, just to make people aware that the party in power is no friend to us, and that everything is one way. I also feel uncomfortable being called certain things by elected politicians under the guise of "banter".

what if you are a Rangers fan and not a protestant? would it matter then?

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

what if you are a Rangers fan and not a protestant? would it matter then?

Absolutely not. You don't have to be a protestant to support us. I am, but I do believe that the view from the political side is that regardless of what or who you are, being a Rangers fan that is enough for them to tar you with a certain brush. 

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Absolutely not. You don't have to be a protestant to support us. I am, but I do believe that the view from the political side is that regardless of what or who you are, being a Rangers fan that is enough for them to tar you with a certain brush. 

Ok, so should Rangers supporters who are non protestant, non - loyalists, SNP supporters - rise up and tell our government to fuck off with stereotyping Rangers fans as bigoted knuckle draggers? would that be a good thing?  

The SNP has decided to introduce football as an important factor in its political agenda to the attempted detriment of our football team which just goes to show how little and out of touch that fucked up little krankie is but to allow them bastards to create a split in our support is wrong. Rangers are a broad church and that compliments our club which show why it is and always will be the biggest and best club in Scotland.

Let little Krankie and her fucked up wee soldiers continue their agenda, it's going no where and certainly doesn't have anywhere near enough power to affect Rangers. Our club has been through a lot of shit lately but I don't believe that wee krankie has the power to have had anything to do with it. The gobshite is losing and we don't need to involve our club to keep that as the status quo.

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok, so should Rangers supporters who are non protestant, non - loyalists, SNP supporters - rise up and tell our government to fuck off with stereotyping Rangers fans as bigoted knuckle draggers? would that be a good thing?  

It definitely would be a good thing. Why would it not be? Especially if said supporters were members of the SNP . I do believe that in the eyes of the Scottish government that is their viewpoint. Every support has its element of idiots, but you rarely if ever hear public condemnation of any support other than our own. 

I though, will be letting my point of view be known through my choice at election time. My local MPs are not worth a jot. They are corrupt and they act like a mafia.

24 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It definitely would be a good thing. Why would it not be? Especially if said supporters were members of the SNP . I do believe that in the eyes of the Scottish government that is their viewpoint. Every support has its element of idiots, but you rarely if ever hear public condemnation of any support other than our own. 

I though, will be letting my point of view be known through my choice at election time. My local MPs are not worth a jot. They are corrupt and they act like a mafia.

:tu:

As I have said before, we are supporters far and wide and I struggle with fellow supporters lambasting others for their political or religious beliefs  - in fact - the words of "Follow Follow" where we sing "though the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will" alludes to the fact that we follow on -  despite the route being so narrow it will make things difficult........ I can't for the life of me understand then why fellow bears won't accept others who don't fit that stereotype of a Rangers fan? it's actually food and drink for our haters!

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

The SNP has decided to introduce football as an important factor in its political agenda to the attempted detriment of our football team which just goes to show how little and out of touch that fucked up little krankie is but to allow them bastards to create a split in our support is wrong. Rangers are a broad church and that compliments our club which show why it is and always will be the biggest and best club in Scotland.

Let little Krankie and her fucked up wee soldiers continue their agenda, it's going no where and certainly doesn't have anywhere near enough power to affect Rangers. Our club has been through a lot of shit lately but I don't believe that wee krankie has the power to have had anything to do with it. The gobshite is losing and we don't need to involve our club to keep that as the status quo.

Following the lead set by Jack McConnell’s Labour. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

This is why our support is the best, driving absolute fucking mongs lie this away

That person was never a Rangers fan, absolute bullshit. Just like how Spiers claims he was a Rangers fan. Idiots do it for attention. 

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/14589688.VIDEO__Port_councillor_s_disgust_at_Ibrox_Disaster_graffiti_abuse/

His likes are few and far between but credit to him for standing up to be counted.

As you say few and far between but credit to the guy for standing tall and doing the right thing...

The SNP, like UKIP, are a party who divide to conquer.

You're seeing this strategy in full effect with the victimisation of the Rangers support in recent years. Create simplistic and crude divides in society (in this case if you support Rangers you're a nazi), to galvanise support. It's a political strategy I've never thought to be healthy for a well rounded society.

There is a reason Labour and Conservative have been so successful over the years, they've always had elements of their legislation which appeals to a broader spectrum of the population. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

This is why our support is the best, driving absolute fucking mongs like this away

Lolz. He must have missed the abuse Eddie Jones received a few weeks ago not to mention the head butts, eye gouges, fingers up the delicates, punches, kicks, forearm smashes, spheres that regularly happen on the field. I quite like Rugby to be fair but it's just as bad or good, whatever way you look at it, as football. There's just less interest and coverage in rugby. It's certainly not the elite gentleman sport some would claim it to be.

As for this guy he's totally at it. One of those wee attention seeking wannabe social media like me like me whores.