Virtuoso

An Ill-Judged Use of Slang or a Bigot?

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

but surely you should consider what is right for you, your family and your community when you cast your vote having an understanding of what policies each party will enact on and how that then impacts on you and yours. 

I couldn't give a fuck what they say in a tweet but if jobs/housing/life opportunities are created and my family/children benefit from steady well paid work, a roof over their head and spare cash in their pocket then they will get my vote EVERY time...

I'll then go to the football on a Saturday and shout and bawl like a mad cunt because of the game, oblivious to everything political.

But listen, each to their own - if you vote Tory cos they are a bit Rangers/loyalist/unionist then fair doo's - that's your choice to make 

I dont think the tories are pro Rangers i dont think any party in Scotland is, theyre obviously unionists but i dont think they care much about loyalism or Ulster or Scotland unless it suits them. Theyre the best of a bad bunch and id say i hate the SNP more than i like the tories. I wish there was a better party but theres not.

I think if you look at the SNPs rhetoric its obvious they are not good for me, my family, my community or my country. Its evident in their constant push for independence while everything else gets ignored, and the way they talk about people in their tweets and speeches.

Also, i go to the football dozens of time a year, to many football related events, Rangers is a huge part of my life, football does play a small part of how i look at things politically because some parties seem set on criminalizing football fans and using football fans as their scapegoat

Theyve already done it with the tories who are for the most part hated passionately in Scotland, theyve done it with the Orange Order and marches, and now theyre targeting football fans and Rangers fans in particular.

To say or suggest that someone only votes for X party because of a football team is an ignorant thing to say, its also a but unfair to say people like us who see Rangers and football as a major part of their lives shouldnt take that into consideration when chosing who to vote for.

Anyway as i said to each their own, just wanted to put the point across that the SNP has a blatant agenda against Rangers and Bears and voting for them supports that agenda

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

@Bluepeter9is going to love 

"A Rangers fan voting SNP is effectively no different to a Rangers fan voting Sinn Fein."

it isnt. They are the Sinn Fein IRA of Scotland 

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I dont think the tories are pro Rangers i dont think any party in Scotland is, theyre obviously unionists but i dont think they care much about loyalism or Ulster or Scotland unless it suits them. Theyre the best of a bad bunch and id say i hate the SNP more than i like the tories. I wish there was a better party but theres not.

I think if you look at the SNPs rhetoric its obvious they are not good for me, my family, my community or my country. Its evident in their constant push for independence while everything else gets ignored, and the way they talk about people in their tweets and speeches.

Also, i go to the football dozens of time a year, to many football related events, Rangers is a huge part of my life, football does play a small part of how i look at things politically because some parties seem set on criminalizing football fans and using football fans as their scapegoat

Theyve already done it with the tories who are for the most part hated passionately in Scotland, theyve done it with the Orange Order and marches, and now theyre targeting football fans and Rangers fans in particular.

To say or suggest that someone only votes for X party because of a football team is an ignorant thing to say, its also a but unfair to say people like us who see Rangers and football as a major part of their lives shouldnt take that into consideration when chosing who to vote for.

Anyway as i said to each their own, just wanted to put the point across that the SNP has a blatant agenda against Rangers and Bears and voting for them supports that agenda

Good post.

but it's also true the other way (and the point of my earlier post) fellow bears shouldn't be castigating supporters and telling them to 'fuck off and support someone else" because of their political views.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Where is BP9 when you need him?  Are any of us suprised?   

Time  for you to wise up BP9 and if you don't like any the other party's then just don't vote.  

No bear in their right mind would vote for this filth 

Fuck me if your going to mention me at least have the grace to do so openly - I’m only in this thread as someone else used my name! 

20 minutes ago, Malvern said:

@Bluepeter9is going to love 

"A Rangers fan voting SNP is effectively no different to a Rangers fan voting Sinn Fein."

.., and I guess the amount of ignorance in that quoted statement shows why folk should think for themselves instead of letting some ‘uber’ dictate to them how to vote. Mind you I do laugh when anyone takes a political position based on a football team - it’s kinda like voting for the conservatives cause the Sun said so - daft. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fuck me if your going to mention me at least have the grace to do so openly - I’m only in this thread as someone else used my name! 

Next election just think of brewsters millions ( Richard Pryor) and vote none of the above 👍

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

ill at least respect BP9 for having his opinion ans voicing it

the fact is there are probably plenty of bears who sing all the songs and probably moan about things on here then turn around and vote for the SNP

There are defo more Rangers supporting nationalists who keep quiet about it than there are those who admit it

You may well be right, But how would we know?  The cunts won't admit it will they :dunno:

40 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.., and I guess the amount of ignorance in that quoted statement shows why folk should think for themselves instead of letting some ‘uber’ dictate to them how to vote. Mind you I do laugh when anyone takes a political position based on a football team - it’s kinda like voting for the conservatives cause the Sun said so - daft. 

Yeah fair enough, but you can not honestly think that the snp have not been actively trying to harness the support of the more extreme anti british element among the celtic support. They see the Rangers support in general as a lost cause, one they will never win over so they simply do not care about being even handed when it comes to how they treat the two sets of supporters.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I agree I wish there was a better party.  I vote conservative because they will fight tooth and nail to keep the union and respect the Brexit result, unlike Labour, lib dems, snp and the greens who would all go against the demorcracy of the people of the UK. 

And could you really trust Corbyn or any labour leader not to do a deal with the snp? 

So I don't have a choice the way politics in the UK have changed over the past 20 years 

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Surely when you cast your vote you consider the level of msp that the party has working for them. No one in here will disagree with your "fuckwits" comment. Is the transport minister for one example one of the fuckwits? One of the higher level so called SNP politicians. 

That's shocking mate.....all SNP politicians are arrogant fuckwits !! Some just more than others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

Yeah fair enough, but you can not honestly think that the snp have not been actively trying to harness the support of the more extreme anti british element among the celtic support. They see the Rangers support in general as a lost cause, one they will never win over so they simply do not care about being even handed when it comes to how they treat the two sets of supporters.

Definitely. If you create enough noise and get people mobilised, and give them a cause "bad downing street", " Freedom!" its a very effective (but crude) way of getting a point spread en masse. They also got into schools when I was younger as well, getting a foothold and gaining votes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok, so should Rangers supporters who are non protestant, non - loyalists, SNP supporters - rise up and tell our government to fuck off with stereotyping Rangers fans as bigoted knuckle draggers? would that be a good thing?  

The SNP voters in the support agree with the way their political party portrays us. 

They agree we are knuckle dragging bigots and tell us how to support Rangers. 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

That's shocking mate.....all SNP politicians are arrogant fuckwits !! Some just more than others.

Its a boy (and girls) own club in the SNP. They will back each other to the hilt and fuck over their constituents. Tried ripping the piss out of our local independent counsellor because he is a passionate man and they just sat laughing at him. He got my vote after that. 

54 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Your party’s elected members take a political stance (all scum fans) by claiming a bunch of Kids marching to the football are right wing thugs. 

So its ok for them to bring politics into football, but it’s a big no no for Bears to bring it up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The SNP voters in the support agree with the way their political party portrays us. 

The cunts who say I’m a H** but I’m not a bigot.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Its a boy (and girls) own club in the SNP. They will back each other to the hilt and fuck over their constituents. Tried ripping the piss out of our local independent counsellor because he is a passionate man and they just sat laughing at him. He got my vote after that. 

They are well trained, spout out rehearsed cliches and must obey instructions from their leader. Oh and they are fuckin useless 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Next election just think of brewsters millions ( Richard Pryor) and vote none of the above 👍

Apathy loyal? 

42 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Sheesh - I think the SNP are quite clever - why would anyone clever target such a meaningless and small sub strata of our population? There are easier votes to be won. 

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

i do the red hand salute and i cant stand nazis and have never thought of it as a nazi salute

dont care what our enemies say about it, if we didnt do it they would find something else to moan about

and if someone in this country by now doesnt know its a red hand salute then they have no business being a journalist because to report it as a nazi salute is either blatant ignorance or blatant lies

couldnt care less about what they say as theyre just Rangers haters so fuck them and their opinion

I realise that I'm not going to change your opinion on this.

My view is simply that the so-called salute is not representative of the wider Protestant/unionist community. A number of unionist politicians in Northern Ireland said exactly that when the group of British soldiers claimed that the nazi-style salutes they were pictured doing whilst on duty were red-hand salutes.

Our club has asked supporters in the past (2007? when many were pictured doing it against Hapoel Tel Aviv) not to do it.

It is perceived by all and sundry to be fascist and neo-nazi, and brings nothing but negative criticism to the club and our support. Like I mentioned earlier, Nick Griffin endorsed our fans' use of it which tells its own story.

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your party’s elected members take a political stance (all scum fans) by claiming a bunch of Kids marching to the football are right wing thugs. 

So its ok for them to bring politics into football, but it’s a big no no for Bears to bring it up. 

... and we’re you proud of them? It was cringeworthy. And the SNP has wankers just like every other group. The whole UB March was Ill conceived and always going to get negative press - it was daft and not really something I want us to be associated with. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Sheesh - I think the SNP are quite clever - why would anyone clever target such a meaningless and small sub strata of our population? There are easier votes to be won. 

They have played a blinder with the long term strategy. As I said earlier, they got into the schools and got younger people believing the long term goal of independence is the correct one, and they got young people passionate about it and spoke directly to them about what affected them, not about what would affect them into old age. Its effectively indoctrination. The next thing was alienation and someone to blame for the ills of the country. Its about rallying people to a cause, and its been a very effective tool. 

I woke up to that a few years ago, and made my own mind up. I want them out. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and we’re you proud of them? It was cringeworthy. And the SNP has wankers just like every other group. The whole UB March was Ill conceived and always going to get negative press - it was daft and not really something I want us to be associated with. 

I think with the UB march, a lot of people don't condone the language used in the flyer or the fact that they were always going to get negative press. 

What I will say though, is that the gb always get their way and are allowed to march wherever they like with impunity. Its that parity again, whether we agree with these types of marches or not. If one is allowed, and is culturally acceptable, then so should the other. Baffling considering one of the marchs fly under the flag of another country and the other use the union flag, and we know which one is deemed unacceptable over here :confused:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Because these people are highly  motivated  due to their hatred and will put in the leg work when it comes to campaigning, they'll hand out leaflets knock on doors and suchlike. There is no doubt that in west central Scotland the snp have made politics sectarian in nature. It was no accident that they held a press briefing in a pub like the govan arms.If you cant see that you are being wilfully ignorant.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

have you checked this? like a poll or a phone round?

• Like 1

Off on a bit of a tangent here but Scottish nationalists and Scottish/Irish republicans would abondon each other at the drop of a hat if their wee dream ever became a reality. The squabbling would kick off as soon as they reliased that their shared goal would be for completely different reasons and agenda. And More worryingly the republican movement would probably be far more organised and influential with a helping from their friends over the water. It's why the SNP allowing Scottish independence to be mixed in with the support of Irish republicanism in this country was no doubt a guaranteed vote winner but it is a very dark road to go down.

• Like 2