An Ill-Judged Use of Slang or a Bigot?

Virtuoso

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's an important distinction - as what immediately springs to mind is that the council are "paying" off people and making them jobless and it's not true. They are just not creating new jobs for people (but I see how this could be termed as "loosing jobs')

All local authorities have a "managing change" policy that requires them to "match in" an employee who, as part of a restructuring process, have found that their job has been removed from the council structures. They will not be made redundant but "matched in" to another job, their original wage will also not be affected for two years.

The person may also be offered a package to go - dependent on their age and length of service.  The power always lies with the employee - choose to stay or choose to go

Public sector non jobs funded by the magic money tree, aka the tax payer. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I can answer the last question with absolute certainty 

it’s ZERO

due to the government’s zero compulsory redundancy policy. 

Just thought I would inform you going forward. 

Typical arrogant deluded SNP voter. Your absolute certainty is wrong. Nobody mentioned compulsive redundancies. Just to inform you that over 4,000 Glasgow City Council jobs have been lost in recent years. 

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's an important distinction - as what immediately springs to mind is that the council are "paying" off people and making them jobless and it's not true. They are just not creating new jobs for people (but I see how this could be termed as "loosing jobs')

All local authorities have a "managing change" policy that requires them to "match in" an employee who, as part of a restructuring process, have found that their job has been removed from the council structures. They will not be made redundant but "matched in" to another job, their original wage will also not be affected for two years.

The person may also be offered a package to go - dependent on their age and length of service.  The power always lies with the employee - choose to stay or choose to go

Other than a targeted few, the Council can't afford voluntary  retirement packages and cant let some people retire due to fuckin SNP cuts. 

12 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Typical arrogant deluded SNP voter. Your absolute certainty is wrong. Nobody mentioned compulsive redundancies. Just to inform you that over 4,000 Glasgow City Council jobs have been lost in recent years. 

It is an important distinction as your language is misleading. Do you work for the Record?

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Other than a targeted few, the Council can't afford voluntary  retirement packages and cant let some people retire due to fuckin SNP cuts. 

You do know it is cheaper to let folk go, who are over 55, on a package than it is to keep them? no! thought not. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It is an important distinction as your language is misleading. Do you work for the Record?

You do know it is cheaper to let folk go, who are over 55, on a package than it is to keep them? no! thought not. 

The only thing that is misleading is your view on lost jobs. Take it you don't know that the Council won't let most people between 55-59 retire volantarily because it costs them... thought not 

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

@Blue Avenger just wait till the Tories rock up in Scotland - if they ever get in - you will then see what Englandshire think of our wee tiny tiny "shitehole" of a country. You will be commuting to London to lift bins for Russian oligarchs.

If that is aimed at me and not the other Blue Avenger (with a space) then you obviously don't realise that I don't vote Tory. 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

@Blue Avenger just wait till the Tories rock up in Scotland - if they ever get in - you will then see what Englandshire think of our wee tiny tiny "shitehole" of a country. You will be commuting to London to lift bins for Russian oligarchs.

Think you've got the wrong Blue Avenger. Should be @BlueAvenger

However the Scottish Tories are no better that all the rest of them up here. I seriously doubt a rug muncher with a dodgey hair cut will be sympathetic or understand the  inequities that the PUL community are faced with. All this we have an affinity with the Tories is utter pish. The reality is no one gives a fuck about us. No political party represents us. We are alone and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery to defend our rights. We are made out to be more toxic than nuclear waste. No one wants to know us, or be associated with us. They all want our vote for nothing in return.

More devolved powers on the way. You think May is daft? The English want rid. Why keep an ungrateful noisy neighbour who runs at a net loss and the rug mucher up here would be the first cunt to stand for the top job on independence.

SNPira  have adopted the tactics of their kissing cousins SFira and throw rocks. We retaliate and throw paper from the safety of our abodes in suburbia.

The yessers may have lost the vote, but as SNPira regroup for another go, we suffer in the meantime.

The country is a taig infested shithole to the detriment of the majority and yet we allow it, sitting in the safety and comfort of suburbia.

We will never learn.

25 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

The only thing that is misleading is your view on lost jobs. Take it you don't know that the Council won't let most people between 55-59 retire volantarily because it costs them... thought not 

rudimental figures follow and the made up scenario of a person on 50k per year:

so if I am on let's say 50k a year and I meet the retirement criteria and the council no longer need to find the 60k salary (on costs includes roughly 8-10k NI and pension contributions) how does this cost them more to offer me a package (at approx 18K a year pension of which I have contributed 7% to and the council 13% of which will be paid from an underlying investment fund NOT council coffers) ?

60k a year for 20 years (say I leave when I'm 74) is a lot of money against sending me off with a package made up of my contributions and underlying investments managed by the LGPS....

now that's me done.... you have turned me into a pedantic bastard... I am away to watch the DVD "first to 50"  to return me to normality   

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

rudimental figures follow and the made up scenario of a person on 50k per year:

so if I am on let's say 50k a year and I meet the retirement criteria and the council no longer need to find the 60k salary (on costs includes roughly 8-10k NI and pension contributions) how does this cost them more to offer me a package (at approx 18K a year pension of which I have contributed 7% to and the council 13% of which will be paid from an underlying investment fund NOT council coffers) ?

60k a year for 20 years (say I leave when I'm 74) is a lot of money against sending me off with a package made up of my contributions and underlying investments managed by the LGPS....

now that's me done.... you have turned me into a pedantic bastard... I am away to watch the DVD "first to 50"  to return me to normality   

You mean people get paid for working in the council?

I thought it was more of a hobby.

It's a bit of a revelation to admit to being there.

Are you involved in supporting the freebies to the scumdome?

:mutley:

Only joking mate. I'm the more milder of the two Blue Avemgers btw.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

You mean people get paid for working in the council?

I thought it was more of a hobby.

It's a bit of a revelation to admit to being there.

Are you involved in supporting the freebies to the scumdome?

:mutley:

Only joking mate. I'm the more milder of the two Blue Avemgers btw.

???