UB March

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good turnout but not my thing at all. I've tried for years to appreciate the ultra thing with hoodies and smoke bombs and jumping about. Just can't. Think it looks ridiculous in all honesty. 

Like something from a cheap horror film.

Media wise, seems to create more negatives than positives.

I get what they are trying to do in theory, but they need to stay within the guidelines to get the positive publicity they should, it is Scotland.

It's embarrassing as far as I'm concerned but then I'm 30, if I were a teenager I might feel differently.

Kids like being part of a tribe whether it be through music, fashion, etc. What these young lads don't realise is that by wearing matching clothes and jumping around hugging each other, they are basically the equivalent of Little Mix fans. 

30 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Media wise, seems to create more negatives than positives.

I get what they are trying to do in theory, but they need to stay within the guidelines to get the positive publicity they should, it is Scotland.

19 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Apart from negative publicity exactly what did it achieve?

The UB or Rangers fans in general will never get positive publicity in this country anyway. 

One of our own could cure cancer but if he were in the Orange Lodge the humming and hawing would be spectacular. 

good-night-green-white_design_400x400.png.b81fd7be00acc53073800cb1eef8b1a1.png

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They bump into each other all the time.

I noticed before the game some wee helmet in the GB was gesturing to someone in the UB to phone him after the game, bit fucking weird if they actually know each other some of them. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I noticed before the game some wee helmet in the GB was gesturing to someone in the UB to phone him after the game, bit fucking weird if they actually know each other some of them. 

Aye they do - well some of them - they have each other on Facebook and shit like that :megaanguish:

I think they try too hard.

I dunno if they call themselves 'ultras' or it's just a spin put on it. But that type of thing has never been part of British footballing culture so don't understand why they think they can change it.

I think they do well creating an atmosphere especially in the not so glamour league games but should stick to that.

Leave out this ultra style hopligan element thing they are looking to achieve as it doesn't really work.