A Great Article On West Ham Situation.

Clemdog

11 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Shocking that they moved the stadium but let's not pretend they were a big club.

Regardless of where they play the are still a bit of a yoyo club.

Some of their fans need a reality check.

You’re not really understanding this are you?

Have a soft spot for the Hammers and it’s fairly obvious the ove has hampered them. Their stadium is a bigger version of Hampden, miles away from the crowd and very difficult to feel close to the action. 

No sure where they go from here but their fans deserve better and I feel for them.

English football is paying the fiddler a bit with this kind of shit. It was always going to happen, when the real cash started to flow, that clubs would change and that the character of the top end of the game would be vastly different.

It's a shame for the old heart of the support of the likes of West Ham and I'm not saying they should have seen it coming, but it IS the consequence of globalising and hoarding of the best players, which until their ground move West Ham fans were probably loving, despite it meaning that other clubs and leagues from outwith England were suffering the pain as a direct consequence of them experiencing the pleasure. Because the rise of the EPL and the likes of West Ham accruing massive squads of good players cost others, like us.  That said, I still have sympathy. I'm sure anyone would take what they thought would improve their club's stature and they don't deserve these consequences.

Top end English football has pretty much decided what it wants to be, and the Olympic Stadium is it. Go elsewhere if you want to see heart, heritage and local flavour.

5 hours ago, tannerall said:

Joke of a team ?

A team that have won European trophies, numerous cups, famous for their attractive football in the 70s and 80s, with a loyal and passionate fan base. One of only 8 teams to have never fallen below the top two leagues of English football, slowly being destroyed by inept leadership, and the mechanisms of modern commercial interests. 

They're no Wigan

41 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

The board won't win, this fight will rage on. 

West Ham are an institution, they're the thing other than my family I love most.

Hard to explain nowadays how big a game the 76 Cup Winners Cup final was, effectively the 2nd biggest European game after the European cup itself. 

Anderlecht were a great team then, played the Dutch way with a few great Dutch players in the team too, got to 3 successive European finals and won two. I really liked Rensenbrink and Van Der Elst the two players who won that final for them, but West Ham played their part in what was a great game between two quality attacking teams.