A Great Article On West Ham Situation.

Clemdog

On 3/18/2018 at 18:06, East London Loyal said:

The board won't win, this fight will rage on. 

West Ham are an institution, they're the thing other than my family I love most.

Imagine loving yer family more than yer team

Fucking part timer

On 3/17/2018 at 01:05, harry handsome said:

Irrespective of our likes or dislikes for West Ham the fact is the fans are being treated like shite, the game in general is fucked these days. Far too many non football in it for themselves, either massaging their ego or their wallet.

To a large extent in the EPL fans are now almost a nice to have. They are not fundamental to the survival of the club - at least that's how the owners perceive it. Man u have just become a team that caters for chinese tourists.

I am extremely jealous of the money these clubs have and the standard of footballer it can buy but the soul has been quietly removed from the English game in a rush for profit and/or personal kudos of a particular owner or owners.

That disdain for fans is reflected by many of the footballers playing at that level - look at Joey bartons recent comments re Scottish football. The standard in Scotland may not be great, but who needs a millionaire footballer who was here a couple of months to tell us that?

17 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

To a large extent in the EPL fans are now almost a nice to have. They are not fundamental to the survival of the club - at least that's how the owners perceive it. Man u have just become a team that caters for chinese tourists.

I am extremely jealous of the money these clubs have and the standard of footballer it can buy but the soul has been quietly removed from the English game in a rush for profit and/or personal kudos of a particular owner or owners.

That disdain for fans is reflected by many of the footballers playing at that level - look at Joey bartons recent comments re Scottish football. The standard in Scotland may not be great, but who needs a millionaire footballer who was here a couple of months to tell us that?

True - i don't watch much football these days other than Rangers (id be better flogging myself) but i do watch local football, its honest and gets me out of the house. I watch more AFL than any other sport these days, love it but i guess its not for everyone.

The worrying thing about these new stadiums is that it’s not going to stop with West Ham.

The atmosphere at Arsenal has never been the same since they left Highbury, we are seeing it again with West Ham now, Tottenham are building a new ground at the moment which I’m willing to say won’t be as good as White Hart Lane is and Everton are always talking about moving to a new, bigger ground too.

These traditional grounds where the fans are right on top of the players are slowly dying out and being replaced with bigger, soulless stadiums primarily to bring in more revenue in the form of casual or tourist fans who, for the most part anyway, have just landed on a club and decided to “support” them for no reason and with no real emotional attachment to them whatsoever.

It’s absolutely sickening and it’s something that I really hope never happens to us.  

24 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The worrying thing about these new stadiums is that it’s not going to stop with West Ham.

The atmosphere at Arsenal has never been the same since they left Highbury, we are seeing it again with West Ham now, Tottenham are building a new ground at the moment which I’m willing to say won’t be as good as White Hart Lane is and Everton are always talking about moving to a new, bigger ground too.

These traditional grounds where the fans are right on top of the players are slowly dying out and being replaced with bigger, soulless stadiums primarily to bring in more revenue in the form of casual or tourist fans who, for the most part anyway, have just landed on a club and decided to “support” them for no reason and with no real emotional attachment to them whatsoever.

It’s absolutely sickening and it’s something that I really hope never happens to us.  

I dont get why more teams dont try and follow what Liverpool done, simply extend one of the stands and it keeps the traditional element, obviously it can't be done with every stadium but surely its a better option than basically building a bowl.

On 20/03/2018 at 11:19, DBBTB said:

I’ve been to league games with 70 to 80 thousand in attendance at both the Bernabeu and the Nou Camp, and the atmosphere was flat, even when the home teams scored all the majority of the crowd did was pull out their phones to film the players doing their individual trademark celebrations.

Too many tourists in the stands and too many multi-millionaires going through the motions on the pitch.