What could you buy for 5p in 1971 & 1972 ?

17 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

nothing better in the months when the weather was cold, IIRC back in the day they came in wee one-third of pint bottles, drank 12 one morning.  

Was a member of the greedy wee bastard loyal.

Yuck couldnt stand the stuff. I remember them as wee cartons you had to stick a wee straw in but maybe we sometimes got those wee bottles instead. Long time ago now.

3 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Yuck couldnt stand the stuff. I remember them as wee cartons you had to stick a wee straw in but maybe we sometimes got those wee bottles instead. Long time ago now.

very long time ago.  I remember at high school we used to get the wee cartons of OJ with the straw from the vending machines.  they were great for adding a 1/4 bottle of vodka for the school dances. 

3 hours ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

Anyone else have these three ? I went to all the home games and the big one in Barcelona of course.

programs.jpg

Got all 4 for my boys Christmas last year as he's a bit of a collector . Took my a few months on eBay right enough . 

I was at the Torino game , my first European one . 

28 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

nothing better in the months when the weather was cold, IIRC back in the day they came in wee one-third of pint bottles, drank 12 one morning.  

Was a member of the greedy wee bastard loyal.

Was it not wee triangle cartons ? Think they were a third of a pint right enough . 

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

very long time ago.  I remember at high school we used to get the wee cartons of OJ with the straw from the vending machines.  they were great for adding a 1/4 bottle of vodka for the school dances. 

Aye with ye there. Getting hold of the voddie was the tricky bit.

19 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

Remember it in the news but was secondary school at time so no affected. Think the poll tax came along shortly after the milk thing as well.

Well the milk went from schools in the mid-late 70's and the poll tax in the early 90's so pretty close then about 15 years apart :dance: