Wallace at CB

Lloyd

If Wallace is capable of playing CB then I see no real problem as players do change positions, but he has to be able to play the position to a level which is at the very least acceptable. 1 thing I do like about Murty is that he doesn't squeeze players in just for the sake of having them in the team, the 3 managers before him all squeezed players into positions where they couldn't play just for the sake of having them in the team. 

Windass is a prime example of managers throwing players in for the sake of it, Pedro and Warbs seemed to think he could play left wing while the rest of us could see it wasn't working and never would. 

18 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Mulgrew made the switch and I believe McCleish is toying with the idea of playing Andy Robertson there. Didn't Maldini play CH from full back? May not be a bad idea....

Maldini I always remember as left back, however, Maldini was 1 of the greatest players that ever lived and prob had more ability and vision than the whole of Scottish football combined.

21 hours ago, bluenoz said:

of course I am. Our Ch position ( and Goss ) can be blamed for all three goals to some degree. I don't think Wallace is the long term answer to play there but at least we are experimenting to find solutions until the transfer window reopens. I don't see anything wrong in that.

Why do the CM and CB keep getting hammered for that goal? Where the fuck was Tav? He was miles out of position and only jogged to get back. By the time the ball was in the net, he was still 10yrds away from where he should've been. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why do the CM and CB keep getting hammered for that goal? Where the fuck was Tav? He was miles out of position and only jogged to get back. By the time the ball was in the net, he was still 10yrds away from where he should've been. 

Bemusing

29 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Curently playing CB against brentford B team 3-0 down just before half time and wallace gave away a penalty, safe to say this experiment should be put to bed.

Sounds like he's doing well then. About time to start thinking about a new club captain?

3 hours ago, geronimoo said:

If Wallace is capable of playing CB then I see no real problem as players do change positions, but he has to be able to play the position to a level which is at the very least acceptable. 1 thing I do like about Murty is that he doesn't squeeze players in just for the sake of having them in the team, the 3 managers before him all squeezed players into positions where they couldn't play just for the sake of having them in the team. 

Windass is a prime example of managers throwing players in for the sake of it, Pedro and Warbs seemed to think he could play left wing while the rest of us could see it wasn't working and never would. 

I still think Windass should be drooped. Put Morelos in his place and Cummings up top. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I still think Windass should be drooped. Put Morelos in his place and Cummings up top. 

I agree, but maybe not quite as deep as Windass, but def a bit deeper as part of a front two.  Keep him away from the goal and let him do his holding up and laying off.