**Official Rangers v Killie Match Thread**

BridgeIsBlue

13 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

The third goal is unforgivable, the CB’s are terrible but he’s no sure if he’s coming or going, never saw a more indecisive GK

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually thought his decision making for the second was the worst of the lot

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Goss for the first, Cardoso for the second, and both of them for the third, complete mongos.

Foderingham probably should do better for the second, not sure with the first and I've not seen the third back 

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Fod made a hash of the 2nd goal, to blame him solely for the others is ridiculous and Alnwick does not exactly inspire confidence.

Screenshot_20180313-182500.thumb.png.dcfa652494f9b9ba046dda1cae3ccf40.png

Screenshot_20180313-182728.thumb.png.58344f8736cec3c82d1e4aa1d2adc4e5.png

He's too far off his line, again. 

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I’d like to drop Morelos I think the best thing is to play him again and hope he scores a goal however it goes in. He had that bad miss at Ayr and bounced back with a tough finish a few minutes after so he’s got it in him but a miss of this magnitude is one he needs to get out of his system as soon as possible.

id also like to see us change formation so that Killie don’t just start up with 3 across the middle as most teams do with us but I can honestly see Murty starting with the same XI minus Bates for Cardozo.

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Windass hiding against celtic is a bit of a myth, only person to actually create a chance when we needed it.

Foderingham

Tavernier Bradley Mayo John

Docherty Holt

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

Usual lazy scape goating from folk. He scored our first goal ffs :lol:

Anyway onto next week, would still start Alves but Cardoso can be nowhere near the squad let alone starting 11. 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Suppose that answers my question as to what people mean about a shot stopper.

Ive always found it bizarre when a goalkeeper struggles with shots from distance but can save from close range 

I think they mean by "shot-stopper" that he is a reflex keeper. No time to think about it.

For long range stuff he has a chance to think about it and set his positioning(hopefully).

The defending was shite for 3 goals but starting to doubt fod big time now.

Cant be a coincedence that so many shots from distance go in and he doesnt get near them. 

On the whole he has probably done well but for us to go forward and win the league , i dont think he is good enough and must be one of the positions added to in the summer

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Look at the angle in the first picture, it's an easy finish or Edouard. 

Weren’t you saying he was too far off his line i.e. the picture on the right which has less space either side.

Had he stayed on his line Edouard had more space within which the get the ball between Fod and the post.

Foderingham

Tavernier Martin Alves John

Docherty Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Cummings

If Martin isn`t fit then literally anyone, absolutely fucking anyone but Cardoso. I know dropping Morelos may be a bit harsh as his all round play was decent but I think he needs to be given the message that if he doesn`t perform then someone is there to take his place, hopefully encouraging him to raise his game a bit. He looked lethal earlier in the season albeit one or two mistakes but Morelos honestly looks frightened in front of goal at the moment.

31 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He was in my eyes mate, exact same goal that McGinn scored.

Screenshot_20180313-181248.thumb.png.41302777197c9ab5332d09a77aa8e5ef.png

He should be on the line. 

Screenshot_20180313-181330.thumb.png.1c9a1e76668a16a21314313f20662e01.png

It's not exactly flew into the top bin either, he's on the line he saves it. 

When you see that its absolutely fucking shocking, at the time I was wondering how the fuck it curled past him so easily. I wouldn`t blame him for the 3rd goal though.

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Weren’t you saying he was too far off his line i.e. the picture on the right which has less space either side.

Had he stayed on his line Edouard had more space within which the get the ball between Fod and the post.

If he's on the line he gives himself a bit more time to react to it and close the gap between himself and the post. 

Because he's so far out he's fucked either way. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he's on the line he gives himself a bit more time to react to it and close the gap between himself and the post. 

No keeper stands on the goal line for long distance shots. They come out to cut down the angles.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Guess Schmeichel had it all wrong then

32 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Anyway onto next week, would still start Alves but Cardoso can be nowhere near the squad let alone starting 11. 

He scored and then was a man down after. He thought his job was done. He’s a clown. 

34 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He was gifted the first goal be a horrible defensive error.  What else did he do during the match?  Absolutely fuck all.

Banana skin.

Well we've heard plenty of praises from the Clarke supporters in here. Will Clarke lay down the marker and his supporters in here proven correct?

Can Morelos be trusted up front? Will Windass play for more than 15 minutes?

Wes is the best keeper in Scotland, so no point in arguing. He'll stop anything Boyd throws at him. Won't he? 

Also, Kilmarnock are a side very much on form.  They've reached the Scottish Cup semi-finals, beat both Old firm teams in recent months, and only lost 3 games in total since Steve Clarke took over.  We'll need to field a full strength team and take the match very seriously or it'll be more points dropped.

Archived