**Official Rangers v Killie Match Thread**

BridgeIsBlue

Hard to blame fod for another other than the second. Being on the line doesn't close angles. 

The first goss gets bullied and the third he closed his angles well enough. Just never saved it. 

Alves has to start. Won everything in the air on Sunday. Helps get a settled back 4 also. 

Cummings done fuck all when he came on but he's a natural finisher. Unlike morelos who is low on confidence right now. Starting the two of them is the only option to improve. Killie are well set out to defend. The two of the will create space for each other

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alnwick isn't any better than Foderingham so there's no point in dropping him. 

I don't think dropping Morelos would do him any good either but I think half his problem is tiredness. That must be over a year now of playing more or less every week without a break. Plus Cummings deserves a start.

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He was gifted the first goal be a horrible defensive error.  What else did he do during the match?  Absolutely fuck all.

Created two goal scoring chances, one where Morelos strayed offside and one where he should’ve scored. Running off the ball stretched their defence. 

Murty decided to play him at CM for 15 mins which is perhaps the only part of the match you’re choosing to remember.

Tough one, if we drop Morelos that could bite us on the arse but at the same time Cummings will be sat thinking what else has to happen before he starts 

Would hook Windass and go 4-4-2, we get over run in midfield anyway so 4-4-2 won’t be as much of an issue as I thought 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Screenshot_20180313-182500.thumb.png.dcfa652494f9b9ba046dda1cae3ccf40.png

Screenshot_20180313-182728.thumb.png.58344f8736cec3c82d1e4aa1d2adc4e5.png

He's too far off his line, again. 

The thing with this goal is the defenders have made an absolute cunt of it but they are still blocking the near post which means there's only 1 place the wee cunt can put the ball and Fod has left it wide open. A players dream to see a big space like that to aim for.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Screenshot_20180313-182500.thumb.png.dcfa652494f9b9ba046dda1cae3ccf40.png

Screenshot_20180313-182728.thumb.png.58344f8736cec3c82d1e4aa1d2adc4e5.png

He's too far off his line, again. 

Criminal seeing that .He is 2 foot back on his line . He saves that

He continually gives players good targets to lift it over him .

I long for an Andy Goram type goalkeeper who could command his box, know where to position himself when danger was present .

Kick the ball at least 15 yards past the half way line putting pressure on the opposition defence from a dead ball /

If you watch Fod , it usually ends up just before or around the half way line . This puts our midfield under pressure to control it and more often than not ends up coming back on us

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Also, Kilmarnock are a side very much on form.  They've reached the Scottish Cup semi-finals, beat both Old firm teams in recent months, and only lost 3 games in total since Steve Clarke took over.  We'll need to field a full strength team and take the match very seriously or it'll be more points dropped.

killie in the semi finals ?

6 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Don't think stills are a good way of judging a keeper when he's beat tbh

Think he could have done better for the first, 2nd was horrific goalkeeping and I don't blame him for the 3rd

Regarding the second , does he come racing out cause he knows Cardoso is a bomb scare so he tries to deal with it or has he got no positional awareness and makes a cunt of it. If it was Bates or someone to trust would he have stayed on his line?

11 minutes ago, murzo said:

Regarding the second , does he come racing out cause he knows Cardoso is a bomb scare so he tries to deal with it or has he got no positional awareness and makes a cunt of it. If it was Bates or someone to trust would he have stayed on his line?

Think he just made a cunt of it tbh

He’s literally in line with the post than in the centre for the 3rd it’s fucking schoolboy stuff. 

Never seen the first one again but my old man said the ball went over his fking elbow so he dived too early? Both of them are bad and amateur stuff but not as bad as coming 18 yards off the line for the 2nd

3 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Usual lazy scape goating from folk. He scored our first goal ffs :lol:

Anyway onto next week, would still start Alves but Cardoso can be nowhere near the squad let alone starting 11. 

You can’t just score a goal, then switch off!

He had 2 significant contributions.

They were 85 minutes apart!

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Don't think stills are a good way of judging a keeper when he's beat tbh

Think he could have done better for the first, 2nd was horrific goalkeeping and I don't blame him for the 3rd

I was right behind the 3rd & with the dummy, Goss, Cardoso & Wes were almost in a line, covering the near post.

Seemed like the whole goal was exposed to the other side & Wes was never getting across to it.

Archived