**Official Rangers v Killie Match Thread**

BridgeIsBlue

22 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He was gifted the first goal be a horrible defensive error.  What else did he do during the match?  Absolutely fuck all.

He forced the defensive error with his pressing and capitalised on it.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Siwel said:

Drop Murphy and Candeias, get Windass and Morelos up front and Docherty behind them with Cummings and Tav on the wings and Goss CDM. That’s how you win football matches.

Why are you dropping two players that don’t deserve to be dropped and keeping two that after Sunday should be?

17 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Drop Murphy and Candeias, get Windass and Morelos up front and Docherty behind them with Cummings and Tav on the wings and Goss CDM. That’s how you win football matches.

Back to FM you.

thats like one of those mad 2-3-5 formations that worked in the early champ manager series

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Back to FM you.

thats like one of those mad 2-3-5 formations that worked in the early champ manager series

No it’s a 41212(1) we might actually win if we started playing players in their natural positions, Cummings wide left and Hodson to RB because he can actually defend. Thinking about it Goss at CB and Cardoso into DM would be perfect for how we want to play.

For me there’s no contest as to who’s the better player out of Morelos and Cummings. I think morelos is an all round better forward player but I’d like to see him taken out of the firing line on Saturday and maybe given an extended rest. Give Cummings a shot and see what he has to offer 

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

No it’s a 41212(1) we might actually win if we started playing players in their natural positions, Cummings wide left and Hodson to RB because he can actually defend. Thinking about it Goss at CB and Cardoso into DM would be perfect for how we want to play.

Just stop. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye, why would we play a striker as a left winger? 

Because he’s a natural left winger, he’s got all the attributes to play there, he’s young, wee and he has a somewhat dodgy haircut.

45 minutes ago, Siwel said:

That's enough internet for you today.....

47 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Lone goalkeeper up front ?

Goss out, wee holty back in imo. Cardoso and Goss were weak links on Sunday.... martin and holt in for me. Cummings starts, morelos also will be feeling pressure and has played straight through finnish season without rest into Rangers season.

5 hours ago, Siwel said:

He forced the defensive error with his pressing and capitalised on it.

It was a complete fuck up by Boyata.  He gifted the chance to Windass it wasn't carved out by a unique moment of skill.  Rogic plays CAM for celtic and compare his goal to that of Josh Windass.  

The biggest asset Windass has is his pace and athleticism.  Bursting in to the box to get on the end of a pass and kicking it in the net his best quality he's not a good all round footballer.  You yourself criticised Pena for not contributing enough to our overall play but he was averaging a goal a game before he left.  I'm not trying to downplay the importance of goals because they do win games but in matches like the one against celtic we could benefit from a CAM who has more quality on the ball.  When it comes to the likes of Windass, or Pena, if they're not scoring it's like being a man down.  In the summer I'd rather we brought in someone with a bit more quality on the ball to compete with Windass at CAM.

4 hours ago, Siwel said:

No the number is what type of 41212 it is (1) has 2 wingers and (2) has 2 CMs

Aren't you describing Warburton's 4-3-3 formation?  A back four with a CDM in front, two CAMs, two wide players, and a striker.

16 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It was a complete fuck up by Boyata.  He gifted the chance to Windass it wasn't carved out by a unique moment of skill.  Rogic plays CAM for celtic and compare his goal to that of Josh Windass.  

The biggest asset Windass has is his pace and athleticism.  Bursting in to the box to get on the end of a pass and kicking it in the net his best quality he's not a good all round footballer.  You yourself criticised Pena for not contributing enough to our overall play but he was averaging a goal a game before he left.  I'm not trying to downplay the importance of goals because they do win games but in matches like the one against celtic we could benefit from a CAM who has more quality on the ball.  When it comes to the likes of Windass, or Pena, if they're not scoring it's like being a man down.  In the summer I'd rather we brought in someone with a bit more quality on the ball to compete with Windass at CAM.

Windass creates and Scores, Pena is an alcoholic with Fitness issues. There’s absolutely no comparing either of them.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Windass creates and Scores, Pena is an alcoholic with Fitness issues. There’s absolutely no comparing either of them.

I think they can be compared.  They play the same position, score goals, but contribute very little to overall play.  I'm not interested in the drinking habits of Pena, or who's a better player, that's irrelevant at this point.

If we want to do better in the Old Firms and Europe than we did this season I think a CAM who is better on the ball would certainly help.  With Kranjcar, Miller, and Pena sure to leave this summer, I'm certain another option will be brought in.

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think they can be compared.  They play the same position, score goals, but contribute very little to overall play.  I'm not interested in the drinking habits of Pena, or who's a better player, that's irrelevant at this point.

If we want to do better in the Old Firms and Europe than we did this season I think a CAM who is better on the ball would certainly help.  With Kranjcar, Miller, and Pena sure to leave this summer I'm certain another option will be brought in.

I agree

I'd drop Wes, and Morelos, it might give them the boot up the arse  they need to get back on form.

On Sunday, I said to my mate "Andy Goram would've saved that!" For all 3 of their goals, which is why I'd drop Wes.

Morelos could've, should've, would've, had a hat trick on another day. Maybe he needs a rest? Whatever the reason, Cummings scored a hat trick, in his last game, yet gets benched? Get him on from the start, then let Alfredo on for the last 20 mins or so, if we need to.

We must keep on winning games, keep up the momentum, keep the goals flying in, to be ready to face the taigs twice in April.

Archived