New Vanguard Bear Article.

minstral

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Yet another statement. 

I agree with all of it however it never seems to make any difference. We've had similar incidents for years and with all due respect to VB, all they are is a talking shop who generally, are preaching to the converted. 

Yeah. Beat me to it.

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

Yet another statement. 

I agree with all of it however it never seems to make any difference. We've had similar incidents for years and with all due respect to VB, all they are is a talking shop who generally, are preaching to the converted. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Yeah, I agree with most of it but still seems like it's not achieving more than preaching to the converted.

Meanwhile mhankies are in positions of influence having their words heard outside their own sphere.

Agree with both these posts and is an eternal frustration of mine. The article is good and factually correct but it never seems to go beyond our forums and like buttons - which is not their fault but it’s frustrating 

It seems to me there are an infinite amount of journalists, ex players, politicians and indeed people of a certain "persuasion" who are willing to do Lawell and co's dirty work. They shape the agenda, they bend the narrative, they encroach upon us and ours, time after time.

On our side, do those people exist? Ex players, journalists, politicians? They don't appear to. And even if they did, is there anyone at our club with the guts, savvy, nous...whatever you want to call it, to put them to good use?

6 minutes ago, gsa said:

It seems to me there are an infinite amount of journalists, ex players, politicians and indeed people of a certain "persuasion" who are willing to do Lawell and co's dirty work. They shape the agenda, they bend the narrative, they encroach upon us and ours, time after time.

On our side, do those people exist? Ex players, journalists, politicians? They don't appear to. And even if they did, is there anyone at our club with the guts, savvy, nous...whatever you want to call it, to put them to good use?

Who do you know in those fields who is a Rangers supporting PUL? Or even just a well known Rangers supporter?

Therein lies the problem, and no fans group is going to change that.

There is an element of information, education and awareness building in many of the articles. Whilst this is preaching to the converted, how often do folk share on FB, retweet etc to spread that word?

VB do a huge amount of pro Rangers and pro PUL community work that goes unnoticed or deliberately seeks no recognition, much of it charitable, and is done purely to help. 

If folk like what they read, share it. Ideally other Rangers groups would support, share and fight on our behalf too. That they don't is a failing and to our supports on-going detriment but that is not the fault or the want of trying on the part of VB.

There's plenty VB on here I'm sure will listen to genuine suggestions on what more they could do, and how, to achieve more ?.

42 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agree with both these posts and is an eternal frustration of mine. The article is good and factually correct but it never seems to go beyond our forums and like buttons - which is not their fault but it’s frustrating 

Agree to a certain extent  K.A.I but these days it’s so easy to get these articles to a wider audience.Social media is a fantastic tool if used wisely.After all most of these disgusting lowlifes have only been caught out by their social media presence eagily identified by observant sources with our best interests at heart.Use whatever tools available to us to copy and forward both their views and excellent articles like the VBs,on whatever platforms you use,to everyone you know and they should  then do likewise.That way the message spreads far and wide and hopefully the penny begins to drop for the many Bears which do not frequent any forums or RSCs.These are the ones that need to be reached.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who do you know in those fields who is a Rangers supporting PUL? Or even just a well known Rangers supporter?

Therein lies the problem, and no fans group is going to change that.

There is an element of information, education and awareness building in many of the articles. Whilst this is preaching to the converted, how often do folk share on FB, retweet etc to spread that word?

VB do a huge amount of pro Rangers and pro PUL community work that goes unnoticed or deliberately seeks no recognition, much of it charitable, and is done purely to help. 

If folk like what they read, share it. Ideally other Rangers groups would support, share and fight on our behalf too. That they don't is a failing and to our supports on-going detriment but that is not the fault or the want of trying on the part of VB.

There's plenty VB on here I'm sure will listen to genuine suggestions on what more they could do, and how, to achieve more ?.

The post you quoted above wasn't meant as a critique of VB. 

I was merely pointing out where I personally think, a lot of the imbalance comes from.

16 minutes ago, gsa said:

The post you quoted above wasn't meant as a critique of VB. 

I was merely pointing out where I personally think, a lot of the imbalance comes from.

And my reply wasn't meant as a criticism mate. It's often said that it's preaching to the converted. 

How, where, at what cost, can a fans group do more especially when the converted who are preached to don't take action too?

As a support we're miles from being united and THAT is a huge issue that is holding us back. VB fight their bit. How much do those other Rangers groups to balance that imbalance?

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And my reply wasn't meant as a criticism mate. It's often said that it's preaching to the converted. 

How, where, at what cost, can a fans group do more especially when the converted who are preached to don't take action too?

As a support we're miles from being united and THAT is a huge issue that is holding us back. VB fight their bit. How much do those other Rangers groups to balance that imbalance?

In my opinion "supporters groups" can only do so much. 

Until we have the people I mentioned above (if they exist) ex players, journalists, politicians, etc, coming out and telling the truth, we are going to struggle. 

Everyone connected with celtic whether it's the current board and staff, ex players, media, politicians from a certain background, see it as a given that they'll support celtic 100% and stick the boot into us as much as possible. 

We just don't have that. 

Our current staff including board, management and players and even ex-players, seem to have nothing but respect for celtic and their kind. 

Respect is earned and they, by their deeds, do not deserve it. Yet we're tripping over ourselves to give them it. 

6 hours ago, jintybear said:

You don't have to stop being proud of your country or liking it to see what's going on.

Even you must see that there is no positive press about our club and hasn't been for a long time. Even when we were punted to the ower divisions not one person has congranulated our fans on the amount of money generated for small clubs.

The gutter press actively looks to find negative stories about us. Only look at the last week the amount of ex scum players coming out and saying they lived in fear of big bad Rangers fans but not a peep about one of our current players being blatantly abused whilst he's out buying shopping.

Then look at the tweets from politicians about the UBs march - all negative and derogatory. I don't remember seeing any tweets from the same politicians slamming celtic fans when they were hanging effigies of orangemen and Rangers fans from their rafters (I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong on that).

It's seriously getting tiring and I agree that it's time someone from the club took these peope to task. It's tarnishing our brand time and time again.

Press are pish. Full stop. They are agenda led - no issue there - but they are certainly not marching to an independence tune - ( or am I just paranoid :pipe: ) 

main stream media is crap - but getting your news from single sources is also a road to paranoia. 

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No surprise there. 

Out of interest what in it is factually incorrect? You need to step into the real world - the party you vote for are no friends of Rangers - you do not love Rangers if you vote for them fully in the knowledge of what they are about with their agenda’s of course you support Rangers but love us? Nupe 

1 hour ago, bluedylan said:

Hamish McShortbread joins the forum

Maybe I’m an eternal cynic but the user name worries me too - I don’t say the connotation for obvious reasons but anyone should be able to work it out (and I don’t think it’s in reference to a cracking goal he scored)

13 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Press are pish. Full stop. They are agenda led - no issue there - but they are certainly not marching to an independence tune - ( or am I just paranoid :pipe: ) 

main stream media is crap - but getting your news from single sources is also a road to paranoia. 

You are correct about the media and press being pish. I don't think anyone was talking about independence from the SNP but it does appear that most of the MPs are anti Rangers (well the vocal ones anyway) and pro celtic. Is this because we are, by large, unionist supporters? Personally I think so.

Obviously there are SNP voters in our support but you can't deny we are mostly pro union and not SNP supporters. This is probably where the independence thing comes from because why would the SNP be derogatory to their voters, ie celtic supporters and be anything other than resentful to the supporters who are against the very thing they want the most. 

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You've missed out the bit about the politicians . 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Out of interest what in it is factually incorrect? You need to step into the real world - the party you vote for are no friends of Rangers - you do not love Rangers if you vote for them fully in the knowledge of what they are about with their agenda’s of course you support Rangers but love us? Nupe 

:lol: paranoid piss! 

58 minutes ago, jintybear said:

You are correct about the media and press being pish. I don't think anyone was talking about independence from the SNP but it does appear that most of the MPs are anti Rangers (well the vocal ones anyway) and pro celtic. Is this because we are, by large, unionist supporters? Personally I think so.

Obviously there are SNP voters in our support but you can't deny we are mostly pro union and not SNP supporters. This is probably where the independence thing comes from because why would the SNP be derogatory to their voters, ie celtic supporters and be anything other than resentful to the supporters who are against the very thing they want the most. 

I have no used what the split in our vote is - not sure I really care - I support Rangers, I support independence. For me two separate things. My belief system is not defined by the team I support. 

( I suspect going by some comments half our support doesn’t vote and thinks apathy is the way to go) 

Will bluepeter9 personally remove the Union Flag above Ibrox, also what about that photo in the dressing room will you be removing that also. And what will you replace them with. What plans or visions do you have in an independent scotland, what type of government will you have. There are so many questions I have for Rangers supporting Yessers I could start a thread. What about Berwick Rangers.

15 minutes ago, standup said:

Will bluepeter9 personally remove the Union Flag above Ibrox, also what about that photo in the dressing room will you be removing that also. And what will you replace them with. What plans or visions do you have in an independent scotland, what type of government will you have. There are so many questions I have for Rangers supporting Yessers I could start a thread. What about Berwick Rangers.

Tagged him in the picture of the dressing room at Fraserburgh with the big Union Jack in the middle and said why is this not parallel to our clubs beliefs - no response surprise surprise 

29 minutes ago, standup said:

Ask your questions - for some reason you ( and others) seem to think I’d have some issue with the Union Jack - I have none after all the Scottish flag is well represented in the Union Jack. 

Some seem to think I have issues with the Queen - I have none ( I know it’s a tough issue for some but even after independence she would still be queen) 

i think we are better served away from Westminster but even post independence we would still have a very close relationship ( but admitting that doesn’t suit folks) 

so got questions ? Ask away. 

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Tagged him in the picture of the dressing room at Fraserburgh with the big Union Jack in the middle and said why is this not parallel to our clubs beliefs - no response surprise surprise 

More fake shite - I seem to remember asking what point you were trying to make ( or some such) 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

More fake shite - I seem to remember asking what point you were trying to make ( or some such) 

No you never (unless my notifications weren’t working) 

the point is obvious tho