Windass stat

Dan Deacon

57 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I've been on his back all season (well, less so recently) , but I have to take my hat off to him for that stat. Pretty impressive.

Aye he has 17 goals but only 4 of them are against the top 6 with the rest against bottom six or lower league teams. Its like Morelos 17 goals but only 3 against the top 6 this season.

24 minutes ago, GT66 said:

We'll struggle to find one as good imo.

Coutinho, Hazard, Ozil etc. all great on the ball creatively but dont work when theyre off it. 

Building a team around a number 10 should be about having a set up which allows them freedom to move about areas behind/ beside the striker.

Saying that, ater Sunday I don't think it's the way we should be setting up just now with the midfield and defence that we are missing.

Coutinho Hazard Ozil and... Windass ffs ?

6 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Coutinho Hazard Ozil and... Windass ffs ?

Giving examples of number 10's obviously.

Some of the best in the world at it that are lazy bastards too, as well as there being parallels to what Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fans have said about them to what is said about Windass.

16 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Giving examples of number 10's obviously.

Some of the best in the world at it that are lazy bastards too, as well as there being parallels to what Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fans have said about them to what is said about Windass.

Three players who I would guarantee are, and always will be more productive in a game than Windass. Can you see Windass ever playing for Chelsea Arsenal or Barcelona? If you believe he can then I will gladly remove my previous post...

32 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

If his shot went in (and it was really close, great save from the keeper) then he scores 2 goals in an Old Firm game. If Morelos instead scores he would have had a goal and an assist. That's hardly nothing.

If, but's and maybe's. The story of our season.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Underrated.

Genuine chance of our POTY, probably goes to Tav or Morelos though

Tav is the only real consistent performer, perhaps candeas. Windass was shite at the start of the season, it's only his recent form that has got him a lot of attention. It's Morelos recent form which means he does not deserve player of the year - plus the very fact he misses so many easy chances. He has a lot to learn.

What to do with him. Highly likely to get you a goal however as good as a man down in many other respect imo. 

I’d love to know if we are coaching the other elements of his game, for example pressing with a purpose and not running into the space he thinks he should. 

Murty seems to have a real blind spot with him and for me it’s not helping the lad. Start hooking him when he’s fallen out of the game, explain to him why and help him improve. The boy is not the brightest and whilst he keeps getting 90 minutes in his head everything is fine. 

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

Obviously not comparing him to them, but struggle to name any number 10s that work hard off the ball

We need 11 men working hard off the ball 

No matter what position they play 

We are no Barca or Madrid where we have 7/8 Athletes at the top of their game carrying a few creative genius

41 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I will be truly gutted if he is in our first team next year 

I just don't understand this view at all, and it's one that's obviously shared by many given the likes it got.

Very few players in the league possess the quality that Windass does. He needs to show that quality more consistently and be more assertive in games.

I'm not aiming this at you specifically, but some of our fans seem to just want a team full of tough tackling cloggers. 

No-one else in our team could have scored that opening goal on Sunday.

18 minutes ago, markem said:

What to do with him. Highly likely to get you a goal however as good as a man down in many other respect imo. 

I’d love to know if we are coaching the other elements of his game, for example pressing with a purpose and not running into the space he thinks he should. 

Murty seems to have a real blind spot with him and for me it’s not helping the lad. Start hooking him when he’s fallen out of the game, explain to him why and help him improve. The boy is not the brightest and whilst he keeps getting 90 minutes in his head everything is fine. 

I know it's turned into a cliche to talk about his intelligence or lack of it but I honestly don't think he has the brains to take on board instructions and be coached

That's not intended as a defence of Murty as I totally agree he needs subbed more often

I think we need to stop thinking of him as a 'number 10'. He's not that type of player.  He's essentially a second striker who takes a deeper starting position but he's not really a midfielder who'll get a hold of a game.  If we play him we have to accept we're essentially playing 442.

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are no Barca or Madrid where we have 7/8 Athletes at the top of their game carrying a few creative genius

Far too much sense for in here.

Windass is the man. Let's build a team around our special number 10.

I mean you just can't miss likeness to Gazza. It's  just uncanny so it is. Oh I forgot about and Hazard, Ozil and Couhitino as well.

Fuck me, how standards have fallen indeed.

However, threads on Windass are always good for a chuckle. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think he’s underrated at all.

He gets abuse on here from some but in general everyone seems to rate him. People on social media couldn’t be any further up his arse 

Fuck knows why, ge vanished after the 4th minute on sunday

40 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I just don't understand this view at all, and it's one that's obviously shared by many given the likes it got.

Very few players in the league possess the quality that Windass does. He needs to show that quality more consistently and be more assertive in games.

I'm not aiming this at you specifically, but some of our fans seem to just want a team full of tough tackling cloggers. 

What good did his goal do given he disappeared right after it for the rest of the game, why cant he put the same shift in for 90mins

1 hour ago, mearns loyal said:

Three players who I would guarantee are, and always will be more productive in a game than Windass. Can you see Windass ever playing for Chelsea Arsenal or Barcelona? If you believe he can then I will gladly remove my previous post...

Why do you keep replying as if I have said Windass is, or could be, as good?

Not saying hes even got half the talent, but rather giving examples of a number 10 role and what its about. 

59 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

:rofl:

Give up while you're ahead ffs.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Awh ffs, Windass is too good to work off the ball. Just like Hazard and that.

:mutley:

Fuck me, I've come out with some belters in my time, but these Windass appreciation threads are the best yet.

Keep them coming.