Sundays goals against.

pcbear

I could not stomach watching the highlights until now, the goals lost were criminal, first two were punts from deep in their half first the goalie then Brown, a flick on header shite defending and questionable  goalkeeping positioning, not one of our players touched the ball from the punt until it was netted, Goss had a half hearted attempt at a tackle on Rogic at the first which he fucked up with a little flick towards him with the wrong leg that would not have stopped an 11 year old, he also never got near the guy when he scored the 3rd, Cardoso/Alves and Foderingham all guilty of criminal defending for the 2nd.

The second goal is 100%Cardosso fault  all he has to do is get his body in front of Dembele and shepherd the ball back to the keeper. This is what Bates does really well btw   The keeper comes out expecting Cardosso to do this however he doesn’t and the keeper is left exposed and Dembele has an easy finish . 

The third goal Goss is mostly to blame by showing the man inside when a schoolboy you are taught to always show your man down the line but again Cardosso is also partially to blame by  over committing to the outside leaving the Tim with a clear shot when he gets shown inside by Goss 

I agree with you about 1st goal Goss attempt to tackle Rogic is pathetic ! 

Min summary all three goals were down to mostly these two players Goss and Cardosso 

38 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I could not stomach watching the highlights until now, the goals lost were criminal, first two were punts from deep in their half first the goalie then Brown, a flick on header shite defending and questionable  goalkeeping positioning, not one of our players touched the ball from the punt until it was netted, Goss had a half hearted attempt at a tackle on Rogic at the first which he fucked up with a little flick towards him with the wrong leg that would not have stopped an 11 year old, he also never got near the guy when he scored the 3rd, Cardoso/Alves and Foderingham all guilty of criminal defending for the 2nd.

Bates and Foderingham are more to blame for the 1st imo.

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

The second goal is 100%Cardosso fault  all he has to do is get his body in front of Dembele and shepherd the ball back to the keeper. This is what Bates does really well btw   The keeper comes out expecting Cardosso to do this however he doesn’t and the keeper is left exposed and Dembele has an easy finish . 

The third goal Goss is mostly to blame by showing the man inside when a schoolboy you are taught to always show your man down the line but again Cardosso is also partially to blame by  over committing to the outside leaving the Tim with a clear shot when he gets shown inside by Goss 

Min summary all three goals were down to mostly these two players Goss and Cardosso 

That's not true either. Foderingham rushing out was worse than Cardoso being bullied.

42 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's not true either. Foderingham rushing out was worse than Cardoso being bullied.

Honestly don't think it was worse. We wouldn't be discussing Wes if Cardoso had done his job. Body in front of Dembelle and even clash to ensure no way past.

43 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Honestly don't think it was worse. We wouldn't be discussing Wes if Cardoso had done his job. Body in front of Dembelle and even clash to ensure no way past.

Works both ways, if Foderingham stays in a better position and makes a save then we aren't discussing Cardoso. Rushing out like that basically took himself out of the equation and made Dembele's job easier though, all he had to do was get a decent touch on the ball and it was over Foderingham and into the net.

28 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Goalie for the first 2 helped by Goss and Cardoso. 

Then those same 2 for the third. 

Fod’s positioning for that first is bloody criminal, if he’s back on his line it’s an easy save. The second he makes that pricks mind up for him, stay on your line let the defender handle him and if he gets past be ready to get out to narrow the angle. 

Agree with all this but still surprised Bates hasn't been mentioned for the 1st.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Foderingham comes out because he sees Cardoso struggling and obviously has no confidence in him to deal with the situation. 

Still cringing like fuck with the ineptitude of both for that goal tbh. Instances like that only makes you appreciate what we've always took for granted in the shape of your Gough's,  Goram's etc. These two are not alone but there truly are some genuine imposters wearing our jersey these days. 

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Works both ways, if Foderingham stays in a better position and makes a save then we aren't discussing Cardoso. Rushing out like that basically took himself out of the equation and made Dembele's job easier though, all he had to do was get a decent touch on the ball and it was over Foderingham and into the net.

I think we would be discussing Cardoso either way he's woeful.

9 hours ago, GeeSS said:

cant diagree with that too much however i think candeis is at fault too.  There was no reason for him to pressure their keeper, if he had sat on brown the keeper would have punted it up and we could have had the chance to clear.  He was clearly buzzing about scoring and was just trying to give his all.  naive more than anything

Watching the game back Cardoso should never play for us again after his performances for us

Fod caught flapping or too far off his line as per usual, we need a solid, relegation style goalkeeper that goes for everything and doesn’t fall into the trap being labelled a shot stopper, absolute myth Fod is a good shot stopper and unless you’re 2007 Casillas not coming for corners or crosses is criminal, last time I fall into the trap of believing the hype that surrounds him after a few decent games against dross, look at his positioning and intent to get the ball for the second goal is woeful, can’t coach a pair of balls into someone 

I wouldn't swap Foderingham for any other goalkeeper in Scotland. That's where we're at - aiming to have the best players in their respective positions in the country.

We can't keep using your Goram's, Gough's and Gazza's as the benchmark because the days of anyone up here having a tenth of the ability of those three are long gone and may never return.

15 hours ago, GeeSS said:

The keeper should stay on his line, what that tells me is Foderingham had no confidence Cardoso was stopping Dembele. Even if he skins him though, he still has to beat the keeper.

14 hours ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Our overall defending was poor. And for every great save Fod makes he seems to have as many howlers. Can’t help thinking if we had a better keeper we would have won that game. 

The boy and my dad always going on about Fod and he is a liability at times, I see his positioning is suspect at times, I notice this more when I'm at the game than on television as I get to see it, he is good at times but other situations my confidence goes, pass backs and crosses into the box he is hesitant in coming for them.

That last ten minutes of the first half when we were pinned back with corner after corner I was just urging him to come out and claim the ball and settle us down, it's as if he forgets he is actually allowed to catch it and nobody else is.

Goal 1: Goss shitty tackle. Bates miles too slow to close down. Wes poor positioning and too much room left to his right.

Goal 2.: Long ball from their half. Alves lazy, sloppy and hardly raised his effort above a jog. Culpable. Cardoso slow and rolled far too easily by Dembele. Culpable. Wes caught in no man's land. Culpable.

Goal 3: cardoso over covers the goal side, not the cut back where he left a huge hole. Their player cuts back and has acres of space. Cardoso culpable. Ps where was Alves again?

Edit.

Murty. Culpable for goal 3

25 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Goal 1: Goss shitty tackle. Bates miles too slow to close down. Wes poor positioning and too much room left to his right.

Goal 2.: Long ball from their half. Alves lazy, sloppy and hardly raised his effort above a jog. Culpable. Cardoso slow and rolled far too easily by Dembele. Culpable. Wes caught in no man's land. Culpable.

Goal 3: cardoso over covers the goal side, not the cut back where he left a huge hole. Their player cuts back and has acres of space. Cardoso culpable. Ps where was Alves again?

Edit.

Murty. Culpable for goal 3

I think for goal three as much as Cardoso doesn't come out of it looking clever, he's right to be covering the line. Goss should be showing him outside,  keeping him wide, into Cardoso who's coming round for the tackle. He still falls for the dummy though and is partially to blame. Alves takes no blame for that one for me though, it's too far wide to have three players that far across - especially two CBs - if the cover isn't there centrally. 

Tbh I don't even know why I'm discussing it - we lost and we lost 3 goals we shouldn't have which is shite whoever was to blame.

13 minutes ago, McKissock said:

I think for goal three as much as Cardoso doesn't come out of it looking clever, he's right to be covering the line. Goss should be showing him outside,  keeping him wide, into Cardoso who's coming round for the tackle. He still falls for the dummy though and is partially to blame. Alves takes no blame for that one for me though, it's too far wide to have three players that far across - especially two CBs - if the cover isn't there centrally. 

Tbh I don't even know why I'm discussing it - we lost and we lost 3 goals we shouldn't have which is shite whoever was to blame.

When a player shows the opponent the line it's on him to get the block. He was showed the line. Cardoso should gave covered the gap behind that to prevent exactly what happened.

Ach I know Alves isn't to blame for goal 3. But when he strolls about like an oap he does tits in and sometimes it's easier to blame a guy who tries but fails than a guy who is involved but doesn't really try ie Alves at the 2nd. 

Alves as a CH prevented 0 of the 3 goals. Hardly inspiring.