Sundays goals against.

pcbear

14 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I wouldn't swap Foderingham for any other goalkeeper in Scotland. That's where we're at - aiming to have the best players in their respective positions in the country.

We can't keep using your Goram's, Gough's and Gazza's as the benchmark because the days of anyone up here having a tenth of the ability of those three are long gone and may never return.

No point in kidding yourself, Gordon is a far superior keeper to Fod in every aspect of his game. 

Granted he's nowhere near the class of yesteryear but I'd wager he'd have got to the first and third easily enough.

Could have and should have been between the sticks for us on Sunday were it not for the idiocy of the previous regime. 

15 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I wouldn't swap Foderingham for any other goalkeeper in Scotland. That's where we're at - aiming to have the best players in their respective positions in the country.

We can't keep using your Goram's, Gough's and Gazza's as the benchmark because the days of anyone up here having a tenth of the ability of those three are long gone and may never return.

We’re not limited to only signing goalkeepers from Scotland though, we can get better imo.

1 hour ago, Gazza1212 said:

No point in kidding yourself, Gordon is a far superior keeper to Fod in every aspect of his game. 

Could have and should have been between the sticks for us on Sunday were it not for the idiocy of the previous regime. 

It really is one of the most bizarre things that happened in recent years.  Gordon had all but given up on football before Jim Stewart approached him.  We get Gordon fit again, then apparently don't offer him a contract, so he signs for celtic and wins Scotland's POTY.  You couldn't make it up.

15 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I wouldn’t swap him either but best in Scotland doesn’t mean best for Rangers. 

Ive backed him to the hilt on here but since the Hibs game he’s been very poor and every long range effort feels like a penalty 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I wouldn’t swap him either but best in Scotland doesn’t mean best for Rangers. 

Ive backed him to the hilt on here but since the Hibs game he’s been very poor and every long range effort feels like a penalty 

I backed him like fuck at the start of the season but when I saw Rogic getting ready to hit a shot on the edge of the box last Sunday I had no confidence in Fod to save it. Wonder if it’s time to give Alnwick a run and see what he can do.

17 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I backed him like fuck at the start of the season but when I saw Rogic getting ready to hit a shot on the edge of the box last Sunday I had no confidence in Fod to save it. Wonder if it’s time to give Alnwick a run and see what he can do.

Don’t think Alnwick covered himself in any glory in the semi final, but he probably deserves another chance. 

I’m the same. Ever since St Johnstone home defeat I’ve had no confidence in him from long range, other teams see it so I’m not sure why our management can’t. 

If we’re serious about challenging for the league players like Foderingham have to be squad players IMHO.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It really is one of the most bizarre things that happened in recent years.  Gordon had all but given up on football before Jim Stewart approached him.  We get Gordon fit again, then apparently don't offer him a contract, so he signs for celtic and wins Scotland's POTY.  You couldn't make it up.

That was one of the strangest ever decisions ever by us and that is saying something.

13 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

Granted he's nowhere near the class of yesteryear but I'd wager he'd have got to the first and third easily enough.

Gordon ten years ago unquestionably, I genuinely wouldn't swap him for Foderingham now though.

I agree with some of the criticism about shots from distance by the way.

It's just that I read a lot of comments where Goram is mentioned in comparison to Foderingham, or Numan to John, or Gazza to Windass etc., lamenting over how far the quality has fallen.

You can apply this across the league though, off the top of my head Aberdeen's team in 90/91 with Jess and Gilhaus would have walked this league. 

The praise Scott Brown gets is sickening for such a limited player, he wouldn't get in the Scotland squad between 90-98 never mind captain it.

As many of our 11 as possible being the best in their positions in the country is good enough for me. The higher that number is the better the chance we have of 55 and beyond. I reckon we have 2 certainties and a couple of maybes.

7 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Gordon ten years ago unquestionably, I genuinely wouldn't swap him for Foderingham now though.

I agree with some of the criticism about shots from distance by the way.

It's just that I read a lot of comments where Goram is mentioned in comparison to Foderingham, or Numan to John, or Gazza to Windass etc., lamenting over how far the quality has fallen.

You can apply this across the league though, off the top of my head Aberdeen's team in 90/91 with Jess and Gilhaus would have walked this league. 

The praise Scott Brown gets is sickening for such a limited player, he wouldn't get in the Scotland squad between 90-98 never mind captain it.

As many of our 11 as possible being the best in their positions in the country is good enough for me. The higher that number is the better the chance we have of 55 and beyond. I reckon we have 2 certainties and a couple of maybes.

Gordon is no Manuel Neuer let's agree on that at least. 

It chokes me to admit it though but I stand by what I said . He is a far superior keeper to Fod in every part of his game. 

Big wes is an honest big guy but his poor positional sense costs Rangers time and again and has done since he arrived. Some choose to blame the inferior defenders he's had to endure in front of him but for me that's only been contributary to a lot of the goals we lose. 

Good keepers make the big saves at crucial times in a match and I'm sorry but my opinion of the big man hasn't changed much since he came here. Rangers need a better more reliable goalkeeper than Foderingham if we are to topple these cunts.