Josh Windass - SPFL Player of the Month

Lloyd

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Winner at Pittodrie

Massive goal but he didn't change that game

He deserves the award just don't get why people say he gets stick for not lunging into 50/50's when it's a load of nonsense

13 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

He deserves the award just don't get why people say he gets stick for not lunging into 50/50's when it's a load of nonsense

It's no a lot of nonsense and yes well deserved award

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

It's no a lot of nonsense and yes well deserved award

Murphy doesn't launch himself into 50/50's, neither does Goss and they don't get slaughtered and called a shitebag, when he gets criticism it's because he goes missing

7 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Murphy doesn't launch himself into 50/50's, neither does Goss and they don't get slaughtered and called a shitebag, when he gets criticism it's because he goes missing

Yet when Goss goes off and Windass ends up being a centre mid who drops back far enough to be our deepest mid and take the ball from the defence, or wins a free kick in his own half, or ends up being the one who has his shot saved (from inside the box) to set up Morelos miss he's gone missing/hiding...

1 minute ago, SJGF5 said:

Yet when Goss goes off and Windass ends up being a centre mid who drops back far enough to be our deepest mid and take the ball from the defence, or wins a free kick in his own half, or ends up being the one who has his shot saved (from inside the box) to set up Morelos miss he's gone missing/hiding...

That's relevant to this discussion how...? 

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

That's relevant to this discussion how...? 

Multiple instances of Windass not hiding and not going missing in the game at the weekend, just from the 10 mins or so after Goss went off.

34 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'm well aware of his general play, he's not without his faults ffs, but it seems to be personal with oor Josh which makes it ten times more pathetic 

He’s clearly inherited his fathers brains, which makes me dislike him as a person. 

He hasn’t inherited his fathers fight and bravery, which makes me dislike him as a player. 

Does that clear things up for you? 

Just now, SJGF5 said:

Multiple instances of Windass not hiding and not going missing in the game at the weekend, just from the 10 mins or so after Goss went off.

He contributed nothing after his goal last week, which turned out to be meaningless other than giving him a nice goal bonus on his wage this week. 

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

He’s clearly inherited his fathers brains, which makes me dislike him as a person. 

He hasn’t inherited his fathers fight and bravery, which makes me dislike him as a player. 

Does that clear things up for you? 

:lol: 

1 minute ago, SJGF5 said:

'or wins a free kick in his own half'

That's taking clutching at straws to a whole new level

19 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

'or wins a free kick in his own half'

That's taking clutching at straws to a whole new level

Giving an example of him chasing back into his own half, closing down the opposition player and winning a free kick from it is hardly clutching at straws. At the time he was covering the run into Tav's area. Tav had just been beaten by one of their players who had then played the ball into that space (to an advancing teammate). If Candeias had made the same run/challenge people would be using it as another example of how great he is at tracking back and covering for Tav. It's Windass though, so it's clutching at straws. 

A few mins earlier Windass closed down one of their players on the halfway line and kept at him until they eventually gave up and passed right the way back to their keeper. I'm not going to list everything he did in the game (4 from a 10-ish min period seems enough) but these are clear examples of him impacting a game (in a positive way) when, yet again, he is being accused of hiding/going missing just because some people seem to have an allergic reaction which causes temporary blindness whenever he goes near the ball. 

Scoring then disappearing seems to be the main gripe when it comes to Windass. It's almost as if he believes his job is done 

If I were to attempt an explanation into why this happens I'd say he lacks the pure desire to be a winner first and fore most.

All teams need players who fkn hate to lose but sadly for us we have too many in the team who simply don't possess that quality. 

Windass most definitely comes into that category and until he learns its not only about him things will never change.  Results are what Rangers are all about not individuals. 

Sometimes during the course of the game you need to put the team first.  Be it scraping for the ball, being more  tenacious in the tackle, pressing hard or even taking one for the team by throwing your body in the way if it means denying your opponent an advantage. 

From what I can see the boy's an athlete and is as fit as anybody in the squad so he's really no excuses at all. This is the easy part of the game ffs Josh.  Regardless of his goal tally (which is fantastic btw)  he needs to up his commitment to this team ten fold. Only then will he be fully accepted by this support and for his own sake I sincerely hope Murty has been ramming that down his throat all week. 

No softly softly approach required here or arm round the shoulder stuff. It's a boot up the arse he needs with the threat of more to come until he gets it. He needs to learn what it takes to succeed here and scoring goals is only a part of it. 

Very pleased for him and well deserved.

I've said multiple times that I rate him highly. Some of the criticism is justified, he absolutely does need to assert himself more for longer periods in a game. He is however one of a small handful of players we have who have the attributes to play in the English premier league. Five or six of his goals now have been unbelievably good goals.

7 hours ago, gsa said:

Has some good moments and obvious ability but overall he's a weak willed, coward and his swagger after getting goals against diddy teams was embarrassing. Telling the support to be quiet and then backing it up with fuck all when it really matters, sums him up. 

Not a coward in the physical sense (I couldn't care less whether a player in his position smashes people in 50/50's) but a coward in that he hides.

When he moves to the Championship, hopefully at the end of this season, he'l enirely disappear.

Diddy teams? He has scored against celtic hibs and Aberdeen this season. Can't say he has only been doing things against the weaker opposition. Although after his goal on Sunday he was poor.

15 hours ago, Goosetav said:

He didn’t change that game? He scored the winning goal. :lol:

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He didn’t change that game? He scored the winning goal. :lol:

:lol: he scored when we were already winning, hardly changing it

Not downplaying it, it was a huge goal for us but he didn't change the way the game was going