Bates out up to 6 weeks

Smile

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If they come down with a mystery illness we could surely? 

Nope. We have no access to emergency loans*. It’s only teams outside the top flight who can loan players outwith the transfer window. Even if we could get one, it would need to be someone currently playing in Scotland as FIFA don’t allow the transfer of registrations between FAs outwith the transfer window. 

*with the exception of a goalkeeper with SFA and SPFL approval iirc 

FFS 

This season has been brutal for long term injuries.......even for us.

As Courtyard Bear said some of those injuries have been down to unpunished bad tackles......not even given as free kicks re Jack/Dorrans. 

Jack's knee stamped on........,with the ref 3 yards away.....to be fair to the ref the cunt only stamped on his knee the 2 times........and Dorrans injured by a late tackle from behind......again fuck all to see here.

Add Wallace and McCrorie to the long term injury list.....and Rossiter (I know) and now young Bates too.

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

Gutted for the boy especially with the new deal not signed 

It's the risk you run when holding out for more as your contract is coming to an end.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a new deal but I'd imagine the injury situation has weakened his bargaining position.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's the risk you run when holding out for more as your contract is coming to an end.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a new deal but I'd imagine the injury situation has weakened his bargaining position.

Yep, it’s a strange one. unfortunate for him (but somewhat fortunate for us) in the negotiation stakes.