European qualification

ElBufalo20

I'm sorry as yeah I know I can google it! 

But I know there are a few changes for qualification this year so does anyone have any info on dates when we will play assuming we finish second, Trying to work it in to the summer holidays.

Also I'm guessing it's still regionalised so will still be Central Europe. 

I think we go into first qualifying round again even if we finish 2nd (although depending on outcome of Scottish Cup we could get into the 2nd qualifying round)

If it is the first qualifying round then according to google first leg is 12th July (yass) and second leg 19th July.

Second qualifying round 26th July first leg and 2nd August second leg.

Most Europa League games are played on Thursdays but it could be subject to change - for example in Luxembourg our game against Progres Niederkorn was moved to the Tuesday because they were using their national stadium along with another team who played the Thursday instead.

1 minute ago, Amac9 said:

We're miles of even trying to push half decent teams in Europe.

We'd struggle to even get anywhere near the group stages. Everything should be focused on stopping the filth getting 10 in a row.

It’ll go hand in hand.

3 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

We're miles of even trying to push half decent teams in Europe.

We'd struggle to even get anywhere near the group stages. Everything should be focused on stopping the filth getting 10 in a row.

I said the other day that any semi-organised team from the likes of Ukraine, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia etc will put us right out on our arses. It's not a nice thought. We are a bit away from even the group stages of the Europa. 

9 hours ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

I think we go into first qualifying round again even if we finish 2nd (although depending on outcome of Scottish Cup we could get into the 2nd qualifying round)

If it is the first qualifying round then according to google first leg is 12th July (yass) and second leg 19th July.

Second qualifying round 26th July first leg and 2nd August second leg.

Most Europa League games are played on Thursdays but it could be subject to change - for example in Luxembourg our game against Progres Niederkorn was moved to the Tuesday because they were using their national stadium along with another team who played the Thursday instead.

Bang on.

We need to win the Scottish Cup to be guaranteed 2nd qualifying round. If we were to go out to the manks and they were to win it I think the SFA need to decide who then gets the 2nd round spot. I would imagine it’ll be runners up in the league after the rules were changed a while ago. 

For anyone interested Bert Kassies is an unofficial authority on the European football co-efficients stage and isn’t often wrong. Scotland are ranked in 23rd position for the upcoming season. 

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/AccessList2018.html