Clarke v Murty

TMB

Not at all surprised by that result sadly. Clarke is the best manager in Scotland by a country mile. However his players are no better than ours (Mulumbu apart) and I would confidently predict that a Clarke-led Rangers with a couple of new CBs would win the title next year. Murty has had his chance. Nice guy, credit to the club etc etc but that’s no longer enough.

Make it happen Rangers FFS.

Just now, Copland bear said:

Why Clarke v Murty ?   It should be Clarke before any cunt not just a very average Murty 

Forget Murty.

We want the best for Rangers, whoever that may be.

The best is currently and, by a long way, Clarke.

He might say no but, for fucks sake, we at least have to ask the question.

Look at the difference in Killie this season compared to last, that's what a proper manager brings to a club. 

With our squad and resources, a top manager would take us to the next level. Graeme Murty is not that manager, Clarke probably would be but I doubt he'd take it tbh.

Whether it's Steve Clarke or someone else its priority number 1 this summer.

I'd actually hope that our board has a replacement lined up to take over in the summer, if not, then they have failed miserably.  They must have known that Murty was a band-aid, surely they and Mark Allen have been working on finding and recruiting a real manger. 

Clarke can set a team up defensively, make them difficult to beat and play on the counter.

I didn't see any Reading games but West Brom were a well drilled unit under him that played in neat triangles yet lacked creativity or individual flair.

I think he probably would put up a strong challenge to celtic and Rodgers, but I'm not sure I could get behind his brand of football. As a comparison, if I was a fan of one of the big clubs in England I'd take Guardiola, Klopp or Pochettino all day before I'd take Clarke's mentor Mourinho.

Winning's a must at Rangers, but the silk is as important to the steel for me.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clarke can set a team up defensively, make them difficult to beat and play on the counter.

I didn't see any Reading games but West Brom were a well drilled unit under him that played in neat triangles yet lacked creativity or individual flair.

I think he probably would put up a strong challenge to celtic and Rodgers, but I'm not sure I could get behind his brand of football. As a comparison, if I was a fan of one of the big clubs in England I'd take Guardiola, Klopp or Pochettino all day before I'd take Clarke's mentor Mourinho.

We have to be realistic about where we are as a club. I couldn't give a damn if the standard of football was dire for several years if it meant championships. Once we're back on top then we can worry about the manner in which we play and recruit appropriately. 

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

People on here have constantly voiced their support for a pragmatic manager such as Walter.  It doesn't matter if the football isn't the best winning is all that matters.  Clarke's shown even with that shit Kilmarnock squad, that he can beat celtic.  I think Kilmarnock have lost a total of 3 league games since he took over.

Fuck Stephen Clarke.

He's a bitter fenian cunt and he'd turn the job down if we were daft enough to offer it to him.

He's not the manager to solve our issues and I don't believe he'd handle the pressure at us. He's able to run the show at Killie under no pressure whatsoever currently to his benefit. If he had us unable to beat the sheep over 210 minutes and penalities we'd rightfully want his head on a stick. He could go five games losing at killie and it won't matter a fuck.