Stevie Clarke

Copland bear

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

And Rodgers failed down South too.  Anyone taking a job up here will be unproven or guilty of underachieving elsewhere.  We wont get established quality in Scotland anymore.

He done well with Swansea, and nearly won the biggest prize down there.

That's the manager they have unfortunately, and people want Steve 'few good months as a manager' Clarke?

Just now, GT66 said:

He done well with Swansea, and nearly won the biggest prize down there.

That's the manager they have unfortunately, and people want Steve 'few good months as a manager' Clarke?

What was Brendan Rodgers record like at Reading?  Why did Liverpool sack him and no one else down South take a punt on him?  He underperformed and was ousted from English football having never won a single trophy.  That's the reason he now finds himself managing a team in Scotland for half the wage.

Hence my point, we wont get proven success up here in Scotland anymore.  Any manager we do get will be either unproven, or have underachieved.  Clark's been, quite possibly, the best manager in the country this season and I'd like that kind of quality in charge or Rangers instead of the youth coach we currently have.  

Rodgers won’t leave them unless he gets a top 6 gig IMO. He has a celtic fan and a free shot at 10inar which will make him a legend at his own club. Is he going to give that up for a chance to manage a mid table team? He can do that after 10inar.

So, can’t assume they are going to lose him and get worse. We just need to get better. A LOT better. Fucking depressing

1 minute ago, kris1984 said:

Rodgers won’t leave them unless he gets a top 6 gig IMO. He has a celtic fan and a free shot at 10inar which will make him a legend at his own club. Is he going to give that up for a chance to manage a mid table team? He can do that after 10inar.

So, can’t assume they are going to lose him and get worse. We just need to get better. A LOT better. Fucking depressing

celtic have played 29 games and currently sit on 67 points.  That type of league performance was bettered by the likes of Ronny Delia.  In fact, I heard someone say it's the least amount of goals they've scored since Tony Mowbray.

celtic, right now, are underperforming.  We just can't take advantage of it.  If we beat them last week we would've been 3pts from the top.  Rodgers isn't our biggest obstacle, our lack of a competent manager is holding us back more than anything.

25 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Again he supported them as a kid, have you ever seen him at the beggerdome over the decades since he has been a professional player?   He could not give two fucks about them now , he is a professional and if we could persuade him to come he will do all in his power to stop them.  

Or get another donkey and guarantee them 10 with your attitude 

Nope never seen him at the beggerdome cos I don’t follow that lot.  :lol:

You don’t know he couldn’t give two fucks about them. You’re making that up to fit what you want  

I do know what school him and his family went to though :mutley:

I think I heard on Heart on Hand Edgar mentioned that McInnis had gotten the better of Clarke this season, let that sink in, and if indeed he is a rabid one of them, then that would probably be it for me, I just couldn't accept it if that is true, The Rangers I grew up with would be gone in my eyes.

48 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Clarke is the sort of manager that suits being the manager of a lower team. He might not transition well to the preassures of managing Rangers. 

Could be some truth in that. There's plenty of players who can't step up when it comes to playing for us. Unfortunately, there's only one way of finding that out.

58 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

And Rodgers failed down South too.  Anyone taking a job up here will be unproven or guilty of underachieving elsewhere.  We wont get established quality in Scotland anymore.

Clarke's record down south isn't as bad as people make out. Clarke led West Brom to a Club record of league wins with 14. He also took Reading to an fa cup semi final. We're not going to get a manager with a proven record of winning trophies right now. Rodgers didn't even have that when he showed up coming close to the premeirship was his biggest accomplishment. 

I've seen a few saying he's a tarrior. Guys a killie fan. His brother played for them and he's said the same in interviews. His only link to them was a move that collapsed and he went to Chelsea. We took Miller back after he played for them. 

He's got experience, contender for manager of the year and shown he can get results in Scottish football. Ticks all the boxes for me. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Clarke's record down south isn't as bad as people make out. Clarke led West Brom to a Club record of league wins with 14. He also took Reading to an fa cup semi final. We're not going to get a manager with a proven record of winning trophies right now. Rodgers didn't even have that when he showed up coming close to the league. 

I've seen a few saying he's a tarrior. Guys a killie fan. His brother played for them and he's said the same in interviews. His only link to them was a move that collapsed and he went to Chelsea. We took Miller back after he played for them. 

He's got experience, contender for manager of the year and shown he can get results in Scottish football. Ticks all the boxes for me. 

What many people asked for after Pedro left was a British manager, experienced, Pragmatic, proven track record in Scotland, etc.  That's when most liked the idea of McInnes but he publicly humiliated us with that rejection.  Clarke ticks all the boxes in terms what the fans want and he's arguably the best manager in the country at the moment the board need to try and get him.  Who are the alternatives?  We were looking for a manager for over a month after Pedro left and couldn't find anyone worth taking.  

Just now, fanaticCR said:

Aye I’m quite happy to keep going to ibrox and getting schooled off teams just so long as we don’t bring a tarrier on as gaffer. 

Fucking beyond belief.

Weve had tarriers everywhere else so its hardly like we are keeping up a no tarrier tradition juat now.

I'd have taken bin Laden if we got.our title back 

thing is it was tommy mcintyre before (i was saying it a lot if im honest) so its scary because he could be rly good or he could be riding the crest or somoething.  mind he had that great season at wba then went disastrous?  then got the punt?  then the rest of the time he was just an assistnat.  

tbh im frightened the Rangers job could be too big for him??

but its so bad now i kind of agree to go for it and get him now. because if we do it NOW we still have ONE MORE CHANCE to get it right if we need to get rid of him b4 the teni n a row happens.  so if we gonna go for clarke we should go for him right now like the op says.  right now. now.

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Aye I’m quite happy to keep going to ibrox and getting schooled off teams just so long as we don’t bring a tarrier on as gaffer. 

Fucking beyond belief.

whats that happening in your av mate that looks pure quality but i cant rly make it out

40 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

What many people asked for after Pedro left was a British manager, experienced, Pragmatic, proven track record in Scotland, etc.  That's when most liked the idea of McInnes but he publicly humiliated us with that rejection.  Clarke ticks all the boxes in terms what the fans want and he's arguably the best manager in the country at the moment the board need to try and get him.  Who are the alternatives?  We were looking for a manager for over a month after Pedro left and couldn't find anyone worth taking.  

I'm glad Mciness didn't want the job. Embarrassing as it was to get knocked back. He has shown he bottles the big games. 10 straight losses to them says it all.

Clarke has already beaten them and now us twice. 

We should be making the approah as IMO he will  improve and mould a squad that can do 55. I would also hope he brings Mulumbu with him. I'd love to see that guy in a Rangers midfield. 

I actually thought today was a bigger test for Murty than last Sunday, anything from last week was a bonus and we should have taken all three points, but hey that's football and we ended up with fuck all but the players at our disposal should have been charged ready to go and make Killie pay for the injustice of last week, that's what I thought, what we got was an unbelievable flat performance that ended up being played out in to 20% of the punters that were in their seats at 3 o clock still hurting from last week but with the expectancy we would be out the traps flying to make this weeks opponents pay, today is the day Murty should be judged on.

21 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I actually thought today was a bigger test for Murty than last Sunday, anything from last week was a bonus and we should have taken all three points, but hey that's football and we ended up with fuck all but the players at our disposal should have been charged ready to go and make Killie pay for the injustice of last week, that's what I thought, what we got was an unbelievable flat performance that ended up being played out in to 20% of the punters that were in their seats at 3 o clock still hurting from last week but with the expectancy we would be out the traps flying to make this weeks opponents pay, today is the day Murty should be judged on.

It's not just today for me. The home form under murty has been atrocious and he needs to be judged on it.  

Hamilton, st Johnstone, Hibs, them and now killie have beaten us at home on his watch.