Stevie Clarke

Copland bear

Just now, Copland bear said:

Yep 3 decades ago and by the daily rebel.   

You need to do a wee bit better than tha 

Fuck off clown , you wanted proof its there in a rag i detest. I could go and post more but don't need to.

Like i said twice now , prove this gem ....

He was out the country for best part of 2 decades and never once did he mention celtic.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck off clown , you wanted proof its there in a rag i detest. I could go and post more but don't need to.

Like i said twice now , prove this gem ....

He was out the country for best part of 2 decades and never once did he mention celtic.

Fuck off clown :rofl:,   

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

says Kilmarnock on there - this is from 20/30 years ago

Does it matter who he supported as a kid ?   Since Walter we have had one nugget after another and here's a guy with a amazing record at Killie and yet some would not even consider him. 

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Does it matter who he supported as a kid ?   Since Walter we have had one nugget after another and here's a guy with a amazing record at Killie and yet some would not even consider him. 

Yes and no...fans would quickly turn on him if things did not go right. Problem I have is that his 2nd seasons have never turned out as good at West Brom and Reading.

Just now, gj923 said:

Yes and no...fans would quickly turn on him if things did not go right. Problem I have is that his 2nd seasons have never turned out as good at West Brom and Reading.

Our fans would do the same no matter who it was as we need to steady the ship now 

16 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Problem I have is that his 2nd seasons have never turned out as good at West Brom and Reading.

Anyone coming in would get one year.  Win the league or get the chop.  It was the same over at celtic with their managers when we were going for 9.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Is that not what you mean by saying they are not  greats  ? Or do you really know fuck all about football and our club?  And as for Pedro did you not say last season it was not his team? 

You would think with hating Catholics that much you would move to bridgeton or somewhere away from Coatbridge.   You do know Coatbridge is a catholic area don't you :mutley:, as I said your staunch as fuck :pipe:

McCann and Albertz were great players for us, doesn't mean they are legends :lol:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve said a few times this week that I want Nigel Pearson to get the job.

I’ve also said that I think the negative reaction to Steve McLaren when he was linked was unfair as he’s got a reputation as a really good coach on the training ground, he has a decent track record and I think he could quite easily come up here and rebuild his reputation like Rodgers and Clarke have done.

I’m not against Clarke, I just think certain people are being OTT with their praise for him and what they think he could do for us.

Pearson is a good shout. A lot have given him credit for building the Leicester team that won the title. I also would love to see him tear into the Scottish press. His interviews down in England were hilarious. 

McLaren for me is a no go. His record at his recent clubs has been horrific. He could prove people wrong but it's a huge gamble when we are trying to stop 10. 

I've been saying Clarke as he's already shown he can get results in the league. His turn around at killie has been outstanding. I can't help but wonder what he could do with our squad and resources.

38 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

A good 6 months at Kilmarnock shouldn't be enough to get the Rangers job.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

MPH. 

A guy who's actually won things everywhere he's went and isn't a tarrier. 

Preudhomme CV is very impressive and he's got a record of turning clubs around into champions. 

We had a chance to get him after Pedro was sacked but the board didn't take it. He put out a statement saying he was interested in the job. But our board instead went for Mciness. 

19 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Preudhomme CV is very impressive and he's got a record of turning clubs around into champions. 

We had a chance to get him after Pedro was sacked but the board didn't take it. He put out a statement saying he was interested in the job. But our board instead went for Mciness. 

And so the magic roundabout keeps on turning. 

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Alves has won more than most premiership centre halfs , does that make him better than them? Does it fuck he's a donkey. 

Get Clarke here and after 2 seasons Clarke will have won more than that idiot McClaren.

A straight choice McClaren or Clarke who would you take ?

McClaren, purely because I think he could potentially come up here and rebuild his reputation like Clarke and Rodgers have done.

McClaren has managed over 600 games - managed internationally, managed two clubs abroad, took a club to a UEFA Cup final and won two trophies with an overall win percentage of 44.9%.

Clarke has managed less than 150 games - hasn’t won anything as a manager and has a win percentage of 36%.

Let me ask you something, if you were given those stats and told to pick one and you didn’t know the names of the managers we were talking about which one would you say has the stronger CV?

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

McClaren, purely because I think he could potentially come up here and rebuild his reputation like Clarke and Rodgers have done.

McClaren has managed over 600 games - managed internationally, managed two clubs abroad, took a club to a UEFA Cup final and won two trophies with an overall win percentage of 44.9%.

Clarke has managed less than 150 games - hasn’t won anything as a manager and has a win percentage of 36%.

Let me ask you something, if you were given those stats and told to pick one and you didn’t know the names of the managers we were talking about which one would you say has the stronger CV?

Stats can be misleading. On paper yeah McLaren has a stronger CV. His trophies were 2004 and 2010 but. He has the worst international record of any England manager. Also look at the recent form. McLaren relegated Newcastle and has been sacked twice by derby. Could he come up north and rebuild his reputation sure but can we take that risk with them so close to 10. 

I get your not Clarke biggest fan. But I'm looking at guy whos shown he can get results in our league. 1-2 seasons with our resources he could have won more that McLaren. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Stats can be misleading. On paper yeah McLaren has a stronger CV. His trophies were 2004 and 2010 but. Look at the recent form. McLaren relegated Newcastle and has been sacked twice by derby. Could he come up north and rebuild his reputation sure but can we take that risk with them so close to 10. 

I get your not Clarke biggest fan. But I'm looking at guy whos shown he can get results in our league. 1-2 seasons with our resources he could have won more that McLaren. 

And look at Clarke’s. Sacked by WBA, sacked by Reading, sacked by Aston Villa. Prior to this spell at Kilmarnock he was on a slippery slope too. He hasn’t had the longevity to be considered a sure thing yet and with them so close to ten he would be every bit as big of a risk as McClaren would be IMO.

People used to say that about Stuart McCall when he had Motherwell punching well above their weight for a few seasons too but most people couldn’t wait to see the back of him when he was here (even though he did his best in a horrible circumstance).

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

And look at Clarke’s. Sacked by WBA, sacked by Reading, sacked by Aston Villa. Prior to this spell at Kilmarnock he was on a slippery slope too. He hasn’t had the longevity to be considered a sure thing yet and with them so close to ten he would be every bit as big of a risk as McClaren would be IMO.

People used to say that about Stuart McCall when he had Motherwell punching well above their weight for a few seasons too but most people couldn’t wait to see the back of him when he was here (even though he did his best in a horrible circumstance).

He set a club record for premier league wins at West Brom. He took reading to an fa cup semi final their first in 88 years. He was only an assistant at Aston villa under Di Matteo. 

I agree Clarke would be a risk but no more that any other manager coming in. 

Unfortunately while we debate this.  I have zero confidnce in our board. I wouldn't be surprised to see murty in charge again next season

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He set a club record for premier league wins at West Brom. He took reading to an fa cup semi final their first in 88 years. He was only an assistant at Aston villa under Di Matteo. 

I agree Clarke would be a risk but no more that any other manager coming in. 

Unfortunately while we debate this.  I have zero confidnce in our board. I wouldn't be surprised to see murty in charge again next season

And you will be most probably correct.

He'll lose the semi p, but dig out a few results and even if he drops to third, the job will still be his. Simply because this board have nowhere to go and no money.