Stevie Clarke

Copland bear

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think he’s staying at Kilmarnock to do the treble next year. After all he’s done remarkably well with a budget of £34 and a bunch of Ayrshire farmers. 

Surely if he continues with winning and beating the OF then that’s what will happen  surely??

I can't tell is you're trying to be funny or if you're genuinely this stupid :lol:

What’s Wim Jansen up to these days?

i couldn’t give a fuck if Steve Clarke is a closet taig. If he stops their run of league titles, get him on board. 

Winning 55 is all that matters right now and stopping them before 9 preferably, and essentially before 10.  

I don’t care what happens in season 2 of any new managers reign, but season 1 needs to be win the league. Time for “building for the future” is past. Now it’s win the league at all cost. We can build for the future after that. 

23 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

What’s Wim Jansen up to these days?

i couldn’t give a fuck if Steve Clarke is a closet taig. If he stops their run of league titles, get him on board. 

Winning 55 is all that matters right now and stopping them before 9 preferably, and essentially before 10.  

I don’t care what happens in season 2 of any new managers reign, but season 1 needs to be win the league. Time for “building for the future” is past. Now it’s win the league at all cost. We can build for the future after that. 

If Neil McCann took over Kilmarnock and got the same run of results Clarke has I think most would be falling over themselves to have him appointed manager of Rangers.  Many are guilty of downplaying Clarke's success due to his alleged status as a celtic fan.  I don't know Steve Clarke and have no idea what his affiliations are that's for someone else to figure out.  However, he's certainly done well and our options are clearly limited given the amount of time we spent looking for someone after Pedro with no success.  If Clarke isn't the rhabid beast many would have us believe, and if he is open to taking the job, he should be considered.

Let's be honest, if he won us the league no one would care who he supported as a boy.  We can't continue on with Murty that's for sure so it's down to Mark Allen to find the best candidate for the job and the sooner the better.

I wasn't a fan of Steve Clarke as he's been a failure with a few clubs down south, but he's changed my mind with the job he's done and probably has to be a front runner now. I like the suggestion of Jack Ross but we're not in the position of being able to appoint another risk, some will say appointing any manager is a risk but I genuinely believe that Clarke working with Allen could bring success. 

Take mulumbu out that team and there’s one big gaping hole.  Granted it’s beca of Clarke that he’s there but it’s only short term until something better comes up.

also look at Clarke’s beginning at wba and yeah it’s ok, not bad but as the seasons come and go it gets worse and worse.

he would probably be another McCleish for us. Win a title and lose the next by a mile.  If we are to return to our advocaat years or smiths 3 in a row then we need a winning manager and good initial out lay on first team squad.

that is the only way

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Take mulumbu out that team and there’s one big gaping hole.  Granted it’s beca of Clarke that he’s there but it’s only short term until something better comes up.

also look at Clarke’s beginning at wba and yeah it’s ok, not bad but as the seasons come and go it gets worse and worse.

he would probably be another McCleish for us. Win a title and lose the next by a mile.  If we are to return to our advocaat years or smiths 3 in a row then we need a winning manager and good initial out lay on first team squad.

that is the only way

You can throw in Thisbola too. How many other teams in this league have a five million pound player playing in midfield for them?

I don’t think anybody can deny that Clarke has done well for them though and even though I’ve come across as being extremely negative about him, I’m actually not. My problem lies purely with the way people are excessively hyping him up. I think he would probably do fine here, he’d certainly do better than any of the last three have IMO.

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You can throw in Thisbola too. How many other teams in this league have a five million pound player playing in midfield for them?

I don’t think anybody can dent that Clarke has done well for them though and even though I’ve come across as being extremely negative about him, I’m actually not. My problem lies purely with the way people are excessively hyping him up. I think he would probably do fine here, he’d certainly do better than any of the last three have IMO.

He most definitely would but I still think he’d have us up n down season by season.

i take my hat off to him so far as he’s really turned them around but tbh they couldn’t get any worse and they like us tried an experimental route by appointing jig and it back fired.  But if he’s still around next season I’d be interested to see how killie are then.  If we’re honest- they have a decent side and should be top 6 anyway, I think Boyd has 20 goals so he’s found his form again.  They are doing well based on early season form but squad wise they’re doing as you would expect

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Yet he somehow can't actually beat Mcinnes though - beaten comfortably home and away and papped out the cup. 

Was the cup not pens? that's a lottery which could have went either way. It's three games including a penalty shootout, hardly enough to say he's got his number.

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Mulumbu is a Kilmarnock and it's because Steve Clarke took him there.  Without Morelos we wouldn't have won as many games but that's a completely irrelevant point because, you know, we do have Morelos.  Without Sinclair last season maybe celtic wouldn't have won a treble.  You could literally point to any team enjoying success and say 'well if we took out their best players where would they be' but it's a pretty pointless exercise.  

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Was the cup not pens? that's a lottery which could have went either way. It's two games including a penalty shootout, hardly enough to say he's got his number.

And yet, the clamour for him to get the job really feels like it's all because of 1 result against the tims and couple against us that could've been very different on another day.

It's hardly enough to say he's got the tims or our number by that logic then. Not specifically yourself, but the wankfest for clarke is completely over the top.

41 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

6 months ago he wasn't even a second thought to most people. He's nothing but the current flavour of the month ala McInnes. It's a no for me thanks. 

Since being appointed at Kilmarnock and doing such a great job he's receiving a lot of praise and more people are talking about him.  Doing well and receiving recognition for it can only be a bad thing and we should stay well the fuck clear of anyone like that.  Sound logic.

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

And yet, the clamour for him to get the job really feels like it's all because of 1 result against the tims and couple against us that could've been very different on another day.

Yes, it has nothing to do with him having the second highest points per game average in the league on a shoestring budget.  It's not about him being consistently better than us under Murty with a squad of inferior players.  It's only about his one win against celtic.  It's his one win against celtic that will see him as a candidate for manager of the year.  It has absolutely nothing to do with taking over a team at the bottom of the league and taking them all the way up the league they way he has done.

45 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

6 months ago he wasn't even a second thought to most people. He's nothing but the current flavour of the month ala McInnes. It's a no for me thanks. 

Thats what happens in football, take sean goss...no cunt had heard of him so people wrote him off....4 or 5 good performances on the bounce and comparisons to baxter are being made....get him signed was the shout from plenty on here....his form dips and he plays a stinker against the tims....yip we now want him sent back to qpr asap

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yes, it has nothing to do with him having the second highest points per game average in the league on a shoestring budget.  It's not about him being consistently better than us under Murty with a squad of inferior players.  It's only about his one win against celtic.  It's his one win against celtic that will see him as a candidate for manager of the year.  It has absolutely nothing to do with taking over a team at the bottom of the league and taking them all the way up the league they way he has done.

I said, if you noticed, that it feels like that - because most of the time it's the first thing brought up and constantly prattled on about.

What he's done this season isn't enough to get our job.

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

It's hardly enough to say he's got the tims or our number by that logic then. Not specifically yourself, but the wankfest for clarke is completely over the top.

True but the budgets he's up against he shouldn't have our number over a sustained period of time. Whether you want him or not it's hard not to admire how well he has done with a team who looked destined for relegation when he took over.

Agree with your other point as well it's over the top but you tend to find that after a couple bad results. Was the same when majority on here were wanting McInnes he was the man we needed according to most. 

Zero faith in King etc to get the next appointment right but for me we could do a lot worse than Clarke.

33 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

What about that Neil Lennon boy? He’s done well this year. Think he supports celtic and hates us but if it’s awrite for Clarke....

You know fine well their isnt even a resemblence of a comparison between the 2....yip we have all seen the lurgan bigot in full flight of his hatred of everything Rangers....where are all these images and videos of clarke hating Rangers....people are making all this shite up because it suits there agenda, with our budget he is the best candidate for the job....he might knock us back for whatever reason but i doubt it will because he is of the same ilk as lennon

It’s sad to see but as a support we are desperate, we went months without a manager after Pedro and then we were given a youth coach until the end of the season after being publicly embarrassed by a mediocre Aberdeen manager.

You would like to think that the board will have someone lined up to take over if Murty doesn’t work out but in my opinion he is the cheapest option and that’s what we will get.

Genuinely thought we had turned a corner and I was positive in defeat to the beasts from rhe east but I’ll put my hand up and say I was wrong to see anything in that game. We need a real manager but I don’t know if the board have the balls or money to give us one.

Clarke can get to fuck.

The manner of the turnaround is hugely impressive. He's now taken more points than murty and they have both been in charge over the same period of time.

What he has shown is he can get the absolute best out of his players. We are going to need a manager able to do this.

The budget isn't there to outspend them. I think we have potential in this squad. We just need the right manager to get it out of them on a consistent basis.

Clarke has shown he can do that with a smaller budget and arguably weaker squad.

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Since being appointed at Kilmarnock and doing such a great job he's receiving a lot of praise and more people are talking about him.  Doing well and receiving recognition for it can only be a bad thing and we should stay well the fuck clear of anyone like that.  Sound logic.

As sound as furiously wanking yourself into a coma at the mere mention of Harris Vuckic.

4 hours ago, kris1984 said:

What about that Neil Lennon boy? He’s done well this year. Think he supports celtic and hates us but if it’s awrite for Clarke....

Think he'd come to us if we signed Cummings pernamently and waved ROI flags every game. Great tactician and a sound guy by all accounts, but I can't go managers who wear tracksuits so it's a no from me.