Murty times up mate

K.A.I

Just now, danger ranger said:

Your right but its never going to happen.

Shifting 6/7 will be impressive enough (even considering some are end of contracts) 

Fuck knows what the money situation is because we all expected us to spend 3m at most then we spent double that without selling anyone huge to cover for it 

Another rip it up and start again needed for the most part, decent 5/6 players but that’s it if we are being honest to ourselves 

6 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

We have two wide men and Windass who don't do enough, thats three men down almost every game.

I'm not sure we can blame Murphy or Candeas mate . They are not the reason we are losing for me .

Both of them have decent qualities and the effort is there .

There are much weaker players playing for us than these 2 IMO

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Shifting 6/7 will be impressive enough (even considering some are end of contracts) 

Fuck knows what the money situation is because we all expected us to spend 3m at most then we spent double that without selling anyone huge to cover for it 

Another rip it up and start again needed for the most part, decent 5/6 players but that’s it if we are being honest to ourselves 

Its a between a rock and and the deep blue sea scenario, we badly need a good manager who can actually manage and if we don't get one we are fucked for years to come.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I'm not sure we can blame Murphy or Candeas mate . They are not the reason we are losing for me .

Both of them have decent qualities and the effort is there .

There are much weaker players playing for us than these 2 IMO

There is, the midfield is piss poor but the wide men are just not up to it. They get away with it against lesser teams but not against the top teams and Kilmarnock who have a manager who can manage to contain them. But in the end, its a team game and most of the squad are honking

Still early but have to admit it's not looking good for him . 

1) We were hoping for some kind of reaction to last week and we ended up with nothing . 

2) I thought he was outmanoeuvred today by Steve Clarke , a guy that quite a few would have as a full time manager - that in itself isn't promising . 

3) Yet again no penetration against an organised defence . Plenty of possession around the periphery of the box but I can only remember Martins header as any real chance in 90 minutes . Yes , this is an issue that has gone on longer than GM , but it is still causing us problems . 

For me it's still early days , I'd say the semi final will be a major factor , but I feel we've maybe had an 180 degree turn around , where the support is concerned for GM in just 7 days , and he's got a lot to do to get back on track . 

This feeling sorry for Murty pish needs to end too

He’s a 40 year old man for fuck sake, he took the job knowing he couldn’t do the basics, he’s the one falling short, can’t even show enough enthusiasm to move about on the touchline a bit and shout or make changes that don’t turn Ibrox toxic 

It’s an absolute myth he’s some knight in shining armour or speaks well, defends referees and fawns over the taigs in interviews, can’t remember the last time I watched a presser without skipping most of it 

End of the day he’s the head representative of our club and doesn’t speak or act like it, he isn’t one of us and it shows 

For me . I would have a new right back that can defend first

Teams are having a field day getting in behind Tav

I would have a new goalkeeper in a heartbeat  . 2 new central defenders with ability to dominate their positions and 18 yard area .

A dominating midfield player

Possibly a target man that can score more than he misses

That is the areas that for me are needing addressed

Don't fix them . No trophies

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

For me . I would have a new right back that can defend first

Teams are having a field day getting in behind Tav

I would have a new goalkeeper in a heartbeat  . 2 new central defenders with ability to dominate their positions and 18 yard area .

A dominating midfield player

Possibly a target man that can score more than he misses

That is the areas that for me are needing addressed

Don't fix them . No trophies

Agree with a lot of what you say. The harsh reality is that we will win absolutely nothing with the likes of Holt and Tavernier in our team. 

Murty is in a stronghold position that he can't be dynamited out of except under the most dire of circumstances (or a change of board).    I think he will still be Rangers manager next season even if we don't quality for Europe (and I think that failing to qualify is a realistic possibility).

Why?   Because this board simply cannot attract and afford a far better manager. Summer and ST sales and even a share issue will not change that imo.  It would not generate enough to buy significantly better quality and provide funds for player replacement that a new  manager would want, and operate the club.   No, unless Murty himself walks or there is a football catastrophe under his charge then he is here next season and for seasons to come as long as there is a board that cannot invest a whole lot more into the club.   

Get used to it.   We have been taken into the territory where the ambition of the board has become to be competitive among the best of the rest.   Its a simple as that.   Unless and until there is materially more investment mediocrity is the life of Rangers going forward.   And in doing so providing a playground for the novice Murty to learn his managerial profession before moving on to a different club at a time of his choosing, for its not likely to be as a result of the board deciding enough is enough.   

Murty is in an unshakeable stronghold of a position where provided he avoids catastrophe he and only he will determine when he eventually goes.     

I'm a supporter of Murty but yeah he's done. Time's up. Decent stop gap from the Pedro disaster but he's done now.

Gave him benefit of the doubt last weekend but he can let the door slam behind him now.

Amateur and it's showing. All the best Murty but it won't be here.

I've been critical of his game management  before but not sure he could have done much differently today in that regard.  But we just weren't at it against a well organised team who look very fit and give everything for their manager.  Most of our players don't seem to have the mentality to deal with the expectation of winning every week and I'm not sure even a top manager can teach that. 

His persistence with Windass will also likely come back to bite him, a guy who believes he's some sort of celebrity and superstar after banging in a few goals against the likes of Fraserburgh Hamilton & Ayr Utd.  Anonymous again. 

Like I said, right before he was given the job.

It's unfair Murty gets the job, because he's a nice guy with a promising managerial career ahead of him and failure at Rangers could be enough to wreck his confidence in himself and his reputation.

But you had the usual folk on here not seeing sense and wanting him in the role desperately. Weird.

He has to go, and fuck the board.

I thought personally it was ridiculous he dropped Morelos for Cummings today. 

We need a top manager, and much, much better players throughout the team. Looking at that bench today was fucking harrowing barring Morelos. Fucking Holt, Miller, Herrera or Halliday. You could easily get rid of a dozen players from our squad and you wouldn't even miss them.

16 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Murty is in a stronghold position that he can't be dynamited out of except under the most dire of circumstances (or a change of board).    I think he will still be Rangers manager next season even if we don't quality for Europe (and I think that failing to qualify is a realistic possibility).

Why?   Because this board simply cannot attract and afford a far better manager. Summer and ST sales and even a share issue will not change that imo.  It would not generate enough to buy significantly better quality and provide funds for player replacement that a new  manager would want, and operate the club.   No, unless Murty himself walks or there is a football catastrophe under his charge then he is here next season and for seasons to come as long as there is a board that cannot invest a whole lot more into the club.   

Get used to it.   We have been taken into the territory where the ambition of the board has become to be competitive among the best of the rest.   Its a simple as that.   Unless and until there is materially more investment mediocrity is the life of Rangers going forward.   And in doing so providing a playground for the novice Murty to learn his managerial profession before moving on to a different club at a time of his choosing, for its not likely to be as a result of the board deciding enough is enough.   

Murty is in an unshakeable stronghold of a position where provided he avoids catastrophe he and only he will determine when he eventually goes.     

Unless Motherwell win the SC 2nd to 4th gets in the Europa League so there is no way we will not. Aberdeen as nearest challengers will drop points.

The rest of it I actually agree with.