Leadership on the park

We all know we need a proper manager but the priority in terms of signings this summer needs to be players with strong character and a winning mentality

That was absolutely horrendous today, nobody looked interested in taking any responsibility on the park maybe Docherty aside, the rest of them were hiding or every time they got it playing a safe 5 yard square ball every time

There's talent in this squad but there isn't a spine between them

Never understood why the players just never look for the ball, I hate it. 

If it was me you or any other fan we’d be demanding the ball at every opportunity to try and win the game ffs. 

I’d rather have 7-8 guys on the park that had the mentality to play for us than skilful players. It’s brutal brutal stuff

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

We all know we need a proper manager but the priority in terms of signings this summer needs to be players with strong character and a winning mentality

That was absolutely horrendous today, nobody looked interested in taking any responsibility on the park maybe Docherty aside, the rest of them were hiding or every time they got it playing a safe 5 yard square ball every time

Goss for example, looked genuinely terrified at times today. It was like the thought of being to blame for fucking up a pass or a shot just overwhelmed him.

Bunch of pussies man.

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Goss for example, looked genuinely terrified at times today. It was like the thought of being to blame for fucking up a pass or a shot just overwhelmed him.

Bunch of pussies man.

Yup, the style of player he is he should be demanding the ball off the centre backs and trying to force the issue

Leadership comes from the top, and it's delegated and reflected on the park. Brian Clough's teams played with 11 players on the park who had Brian Clough's attitude instilled in them, how else could a team like Notts Forest have achieved do much ?

Need leadership , creativity and a bit of urgency. Too many players get the ball and are just going for the safe pass sideways or backwards. No one has that wee bit of spark that could create something just now, even Murphy  is cutting inside and putting it sideways.

2 hours ago, Goosetav said:

I give more leadership from my seat and I’m mangled most of the time 

In the final 5 minutes only one team was trying to score and it wasn't us. They had two clear chances in the final minutes and made us look like we were the team trying to close it out....at home!!

Murry stood like a confused statue and bar Docherty who is a young player new to the club and maybe Holt none of our players seemed to want to get the ball up the park.

At Ibrox we are a very poor side who cave in when the pressure is on. The manager and players don't know how to cope with it at all and that's the scary thing! 

59 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Leadership comes from the top, and it's delegated and reflected on the park. Brian Clough's teams played with 11 players on the park who had Brian Clough's attitude instilled in them, how else could a team like Notts Forest have achieved do much ?

Murty seems to be a Laissez-faire style Leader and leaves the team to work out solutions. Allbthis midern thinking pish!

Give me an old school arse kicking Manager like Neil Warnock any day if the week!

1 minute ago, Bears said:

Not a fan of throwing younger guys in at the deep end for the sake of it but Doc for captain soon to lead by example?

Honestly this pish has to stop Docherty is an awful footballer same as jack - go down this route we will be having the same conversations every other week 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Honestly this pish has to stop Docherty is an awful footballer same as jack - go down this route we will be having the same conversations every other week 

He looked gutted at the end. Out of all we have at the moment, at least he's taking it seriously. Who do you suggest is better in our current squad?

4 minutes ago, Bears said:

He looked gutted at the end. Out of all we have at the moment, at least he's taking it seriously. Who do you suggest is better in our current squad?

I was sat in bar72 with a mate who’s not much older than Docherty and a fitness instructor in  the army who was equally gutted - shall we build a team around him too? 

Just now, Goosetav said:

I like Docherty, could do with improving technically but he's young enough to do that

You think jacks amazing tho .. we need to move away from this mentality and look at it rationally - they are pish 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I was sat in bar72 with a mate who’s not much older than Docherty and a fitness instructor in  the army who was equally gutted - shall we build a team around him too? 

I'm talking about the short term. Get your mate signed up for next season, eh?