Murty should be let go now.

Bighouse

On 18/03/2018 at 15:51, JimmyCR1 said:

Board placed him as manager until end of the season, so he will remain. Then I’d imagine after the last game of the season the board might start thinking about a replacement, might.

imo we should now put jimmy nichol in charge till the end of the season if murty isn't getting the gig full time. 

I see no light at the end if this very long tunnel. We've gone from one disastrous  managerial appointment to the next.

Each time we say the board absolutely have to get this right and that it's the most important managerial appointment in the history of our club, then the board fucks up and we're back to square one.

I'm tired of going round in aimless circles.  The board need to start coughing up the cash and get someone decent in. What an opportunity missed this season. We could seriously have been top of the league now had we had a decent manager who knew how to set up a team and change it if needed. 

Who should that person be? Fck knows I would love a Sean Dyche type manager (I know its never going to happen) but I do know we can't keep scraping the bottom of the bargain basement and hoping for the best.

16 hours ago, jintybear said:

I see no light at the end if this very long tunnel. We've gone from one disastrous  managerial appointment to the next.

Each time we say the board absolutely have to get this right and that it's the most important managerial appointment in the history of our club, then the board fucks up and we're back to square one.

I'm tired of going round in aimless circles.  The board need to start coughing up the cash and get someone decent in. What an opportunity missed this season. We could seriously have been top of the league now had we had a decent manager who knew how to set up a team and change it if needed. 

Who should that person be? Fck knows I would love a Sean Dyche type manager (I know its never going to happen) but I do know we can't keep scraping the bottom of the bargain basement and hoping for the best.

Hibs twice, tarriers twice, Killie twice, Hearts, Hamilton and St Johnstone, even if you excuse the first Hibs game when we were down to 10 and the first Old Firm game at Ibrox that's 20 points that could have had us clear at the top regardless of them having a game in hand. I can't see them kicking on and improving much next season, especially if they achieve a double treble (hopefully not) so the onus is really on us. Next season's title really is there for the taking under a proper manager. 

Our away form is decent under Murty's set-up and instructions so even though he can't get the job full-time anymore, I think it would be suicide to get rid of him before the end of the season with big away games at Aberdeen, celtic, Hampden and possibly Easter Road and/or Tynecastle depending on the split fixtures.

We need the stability until the end of the season in our quest for second.

I'll repeat though he can't get the job and we need to get someone else but let him see out the season. We owe him that too.

On 17/03/2018 at 19:25, billscott said:

people on here might not want to admit this but the 3 best managers in the league are clarke lennon and rodgers  in recent weeks we have lost at home and been humbled tactically by the 3 of them

Absolutely although my Liverpool supporting work mate has a theory that as soon as rodger's own signing come through they'll collapse (starting to witness a little of this already) 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Our away form is decent under Murty's set-up and instructions so even though he can't get the job full-time anymore, I think it would be suicide to get rid of him before the end of the season with big away games at Aberdeen, celtic, Hampden and possibly Easter Road and/or Tynecastle depending on the split fixtures.

We need the stability until the end of the season in our quest for second.

I'll repeat though he can't get the job and we need to get someone else but let him see out the season. We owe him that too.

If he manages to win the Scottish cup this board will give him next season. His job prospects are riding on that.

I don't believe he's the long term solution myself. We need someone more experienced to get us to were we want to be.

:lol: and the flip flopping continues.

If Murty wins the Cup everyone will want him to stay.

He's the manager and gets my backing for the rest of the season. FFS, what do people expect from a youth coach, the guys learning on the job, anyone thinking he should have been winning the league by now is an idiot. 

22 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He's the manager and gets my backing for the rest of the season. FFS, what do people expect from a youth coach, the guys learning on the job, anyone thinking he should have been winning the league by now is an idiot. 

The board will give him the next season if he wins the cup regardless of what the fans think. There's no way they are looking for  a new manager if they can justify keeping Murty in place.

Murty deserves to stay until the end of the season IMO but should never have been out in the position he is in and I wonder if he will want to stay if he is offered his old job or similar back.

Surely we are looking for the best manager we can afford to take over as soon as the season ends, and I will not change my opinion even if by some miracle we win the Scottish Cup.

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The board will give him the next season if he wins the cup regardless of what the fans think. There's no way they are looking for  a new manager if they can justify keeping Murty in place.

i'd say if the fans groups kicked off about it there may be change for fear of not selling season tickets but given King holds sway on these groups i doubt much will happen.

Strange that Craig Houstons disappeared since his appointment. One would think he was only out to serve himself in all this furore..........

I’d be gutted if Murty was here next season tbh even if he does win the Scottish Cup. 

The past 2 weeks have made it clear he’s too inexperienced at this level, we aren’t an apprenticeship and that he doesn’t have the authority to lift his players after a defeat which ended any talk of a title challenge. 

His continued persistence with 4-2-3-1 apart from when we played Ayr is Warburtonesque tbh

His Mr nice guy approach comes across on the pitch. I doubt any of they players walking off the past 2 weeks were fearful of walking into the dressing room and have to justify their performance. 

That just isn’t good enough. 

28 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d be gutted if Murty was here next season tbh even if he does win the Scottish Cup. 

The past 2 weeks have made it clear he’s too inexperienced at this level, we aren’t an apprenticeship and that he doesn’t have the authority to lift his players after a defeat which ended any talk of a title challenge. 

His continued persistence with 4-2-3-1 apart from when we played Ayr is Warburtonesque tbh

His Mr nice guy approach comes across on the pitch. I doubt any of they players walking off the past 2 weeks were fearful of walking into the dressing room and have to justify their performance. 

That just isn’t good enough. 

I agree we need an experienced manager in the dugout next season. Murty isn't learning from his mistakes. Again at the weekend he waited too long to implement changes when it was clear the system wasn't working.  We don't have the time to hope that this will change. If we give him next season and it goes wrong we hand them 8 in row

I found it very interesting that Billy Bowie was out today issuing a hands off statement about steve clarke. I don't think it's coincidence. I'm wondering if out board made some kind of inquiry .

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree we need an experienced manager in the dugout next season. Murty isn't learning from his mistakes. Again at the weekend he waited too long to implement changes when it was clear the system wasn't working.  We don't have the time to hope that this will change. If we give him next season and it goes wrong we hand them 8 in row

I found it very interesting that Billy Bowie was out today issuing a hands off statement about steve clarke. I don't think it's coincidence. I'm wondering if out board made some kind of inquiry .

He’d be at the bottom of my list tbh, but it’s all about opinions. 

I feel like if the board moved for Clarke they are just taking the easy option and one that seems to generate the most interest just like going after McInnes was. 

They need to take a step back and think about what’s best for Rangers for a change

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

He should not be in charge full stop, like I and many others said before he was even appointed.

But let’s all shut up and not say anything and support Murty the nice guy who isn’t capable of doing the job he’s been tasked with.

Then King and the rest of the wank stain board can laugh all the way to the bank as we plough money into the club every year without getting much back in return for it.

If you’re backing Murty, you have a screw loose for more than one reason.

33 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He’d be at the bottom of my list tbh, but it’s all about opinions. 

I feel like if the board moved for Clarke they are just taking the easy option and one that seems to generate the most interest just like going after McInnes was. 

They need to take a step back and think about what’s best for Rangers for a change

My opinion differs on clarke. What's he done with that killie team in a short space of time is hugely impressive. He's exceeded expectations and got the best out of a weaker squad. We need similar at Rangers right now. Someone that can get the best out of our team and push them on.

But when it comes to dealing with other Scottish clubs it's always a hassle. Much like Aberdeen and McInnes. I would expect Killie will look for a big comp package just because it's Rangers. Values always seem to shoot up to unrealistic fees once we become involved.

15 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He should not be in charge full stop, like I and many others said before he was even appointed.

But let’s all shut up and not say anything and support Murty the nice guy who isn’t capable of doing the job he’s been tasked with.

Then King and the rest of the wank stain board can laugh all the way to the bank as we plough money into the club every year without getting much back in return for it.

If you’re backing Murty, you have a screw loose for more than one reason.

backing him for this season because that's who we have. Would you really want to disrupt the team again in the run in by bringing in someone else now?

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Murty deserves to stay until the end of the season IMO but should never have been out in the position he is in and I wonder if he will want to stay if he is offered his old job or similar back.

Surely we are looking for the best manager we can afford to take over as soon as the season ends, and I will not change my opinion even if by some miracle we win the Scottish Cup.

I believe he was always going to get to the end of the season with the unstated (by the board) assumption that he'd get that time unless a catastrophe in results was unfolding which is not the case at least up 'til now.

As to the best manager we can afford, I believe that decision was made as a conclusion of the last long and supposedly very extensive recruitment exercise when the only appointment that could be made (and by that I include afforded) was Murty.    Such is the poverty the board could not even afford to get a credible experienced manager either off the managerial unemployed list or from another club.   They just couldn't.   That's not to say there were not candidates but they were either not attracted to the Club as it currently stands (McInnes for example) or were not affordable.  'Affordable' also means in my book being able to give an incoming manager the sort of transfer fund that a preferred candidate would expect even in the constrained circumstances Rangers finds itself enduring.

IMO nothing of sufficiently material note will change come the end of the season in terms affordability.  ST sales will bring money in.  Improved commercials will bring money in.   Selling players - if we can sell any - will bring money in.   A share issue will bring money in.   But none of that in my estimation under this current board will be anywhere near enough to bring in a suitably competent, experienced manager of a calibre that would give some confidence that he would get much better results over a season and be able to quickly construct a credible title challenging side.   It's not affordable and if the board thinks it is then I look forward to seeing how they will make it happen.

No, I think it will be Murty next season and for the following few seasons with Murty being in a rock solid impregnable position as manager as he'll know a far better alternative to him is beyond the affordability reach of this current board.   He'd then be in the driving seat to time his departure to another club at a point in time when he realises that his learner manager efforts are not going to deliver title 55 for Rangers anytime soon.  He'd be able to choose the timing of his departure and it'd at his own instigation unless he was presiding over catastrophic results which - like the Pedro situation - forced the Board into acting when they really weren't ready to act.  

For Murty read mediocrity and the best ambition being to be competitive among a chasing pack.   That is the tacit ambition of the board in sticking with an L-plate manager.   That is what they are asking the Support to buy into.  It's a long journey to a title under Murty assuming he can even shed his managerial L-plate and produce a credible title challenging side.  The other lot must be delighted by this self-weakening and inability to even recruit a competent experienced and credible football manager at a Club like Rangers.   

11 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I believe he was always going to get to the end of the season with the unstated (by the board) assumption that he'd get that time unless a catastrophe in results was unfolding which is not the case at least up 'til now.

As to the best manager we can afford, I believe that decision was made as a conclusion of the last long and supposedly very extensive recruitment exercise when the only appointment that could be made (and by that I include afforded) was Murty.    Such is the poverty the board could not even afford to get a credible experienced manager either off the managerial unemployed list or from another club.   They just couldn't.   That's not to say there were not candidates but they were either not attracted to the Club as it currently stands (McInnes for example) or were not affordable.  'Affordable' also means in my book being able to give an incoming manager the sort of transfer fund that a preferred candidate would expect even in the constrained circumstances Rangers finds itself enduring.

IMO nothing of sufficiently material note will change come the end of the season in terms affordability.  ST sales will bring money in.  Improved commercials will bring money in.   Selling players - if we can sell any - will bring money in.   A share issue will bring money in.   But none of that in my estimation under this current board will be anywhere near enough to bring in a suitably competent, experienced manager of a calibre that would give some confidence that he would get much better results over a season and be able to quickly construct a credible title challenging side.   It's not affordable and if the board thinks it is then I look forward to seeing how they will make it happen.

No, I think it will be Murty next season and for the following few seasons with Murty being in a rock solid impregnable position as manager as he'll know a far better alternative to him is beyond the affordability reach of this current board.   He'd then be in the driving seat to time his departure to another club at a point in time when he realises that his learner manager efforts are not going to deliver title 55 for Rangers anytime soon.  He'd be able to choose the timing of his departure and it'd at his own instigation unless he was presiding over catastrophic results which - like the Pedro situation - forced the Board into acting when they really weren't ready to act.  

For Murty read mediocrity and the best ambition being to be competitive among a chasing pack.   That is the tacit ambition of the board in sticking with an L-plate manager.   That is what they are asking the Support to buy into.  It's a long journey to a title under Murty assuming he can even shed his managerial L-plate and produce a credible title challenging side.  The other lot must be delighted by this self-weakening and inability to even recruit a competent experienced and credible football manager at a Club like Rangers.   

If that is true when do you think they will announce it or indeed when should they announce it?

32 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

backing him for this season because that's who we have. Would you really want to disrupt the team again in the run in by bringing in someone else now?

I think he should be replaced by an *actual* manager to try and salvage what’s left of our season as long as it’s short term. Murty doesn’t have it... yet, and I don’t think we should be waiting to find out when he gets it. JN would be better till the end of the season.

If we had a proper Board a a Chairman prepared to lead from the front then Murty would never have been given the job in the first place.

Even now, they continue to drag their heels instead of taking the bull by the horns, sending him back from whence he came, and go and get a real football Manager.

We have a bunch of amateurs running the club and no one addressing the shear helplessness we all feel as the march to 10iar and celtic getting to 55 before us looms large.

We'll never see a trophy again as long King's calling the shots at Ibrox.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If he manages to win the Scottish cup this board will give him next season. His job prospects are riding on that.

I don't believe he's the long term solution myself. We need someone more experienced to get us to were we want to be.

The Scottish Cup shouldn't save him.

It's welcome but if it wasn't for the stopping of celtic's back 2 back trebles I'd say it's only a bonus.

Some of the teams that's won the Scottish domestic cup in recent years - Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Inverness, Dundee United, St Johnstone n etc and I wouldn't take Stubbs, Shiels, Danny Lennon, John Hughes, whoever the Dundee United manager was, Tommy Wright as the manager of Rangers. 

The league is where we need to compete and he's failed due to our ridiculous Ibrox form and his inability to change things. There's no stay of execution outwith him winning every single game and celtic throwing the league away which won't happen now

25 minutes ago, gj923 said:

If that is true when do you think they will announce it or indeed when should they announce it?

I imagine it will need to be soon. Season ticket renewal is coming up and I know a lot who won't renew until the manager situation is clear.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The Scottish Cup shouldn't save him.

It's welcome but if it wasn't for the stopping of celtic's back 2 back trebles I'd say it's only a bonus.

Some of the teams that's won the Scottish domestic cup in recent years - Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Inverness, Dundee United, St Johnstone n etc and I wouldn't take Stubbs, Shiels, Danny Lennon, John Hughes, whoever the Dundee United manager was, Tommy Wright as the manager of Rangers. 

The league is where we need to compete and he's failed due to our ridiculous Ibrox form and his inability to change things. There's no stay of execution outwith him winning every single game and celtic throwing the league away which won't happen now

I agree the cup shouldn't save him , if he does somehow manage to pull it off.

But with this board you can just see them parading a cup win as a reason to hand Murty another season.