Cummings is not good enough

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Cummings is a good player. A penalty box striker with the odd good strike from outside the box

Play him up front on his own with the build he has and you’re not using his strengths. 

No idea what people are expecting when he’s leading the line himself. 

Cummings wishes he was as powerful and as strong as Morelos. 

Morelos wishes he could finish like Cummings. 

Mental we don’t play the two of them. 

I think when we've got Dorrans, Jack etc back this is the way we should go, but right now we've not got enough in midfield to have one less playing.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Away to fuck mate Cummings had zero support or service today.

He's the most natural finisher we've had since Boyd (on his day)

not having a go at Cumdog but this is what the Buffalo gets every week and he's been getting slaughtered on here 

Anybody surprised by this, he scored a hatrick against Falkirk and suddenly he becomes a definite starter to some. But look at his record a large percentage of his goals are from the championship. Falkirk were simply his level. He may improve in time but at the moment he is a squad player. Murty simply showed his lack of experience again by buying into the fanfare of Cummings support and starting him today and at the same time probably alienating himself to the clubs top scorer. 

4 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Anybody surprised by this, he scored a hatrick against Falkirk and suddenly he becomes a definite starter to some. But look at his record a large percentage of his goals are from the championship. Falkirk were simply his level. He may improve in time but at the moment he is a squad player. Murty simply showed his lack of experience again by buying into the fanfare of Cummings support and starting him today and at the same time probably alienating himself to the clubs top scorer. 

100% championship player

4 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Harsh on a player who's had limited game time all season. Will reserve judgement until after I see him with a pre season and a run of games under his belt. Think there's a player in there though.

He is only here on loan for 6 months and whilst we have the option to buy unless he gets game time and shows what he can do I cant see a reason to take a punt on him.

6 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

He scored that hat trick when Morelos was also on the pitch providing support.

jury's still out for me but I think he's been hungout to dry today. he is never a lone striker and it's difficult to judge on today's overall performance. The way we set up today he was a direct replacement for Morelos and that's not his game. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Morelos misses loads of sitters every game. I'm not anti-Morelos .. he holds the ball up well and brings others into play which we missed today but Cummings is a better finisher and both would compliment each other well give a run of game to develop.

This exactly. Fuck knows why a manager can't see that. If I was Cummings I wouldn't be signing on a perm contract

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

4-4-2. Dropping Windass and finding a central midfield is the way to go. 

I always liked the Advocaat way of 2 centre mids, one winger and one wide midfielder. Think we have the makings of a squad to go that way.

Totally agree, been thinking this past month or so tbh.

It would give us the numbers in midfield and make us more rigid and also allow us to have 2 strikers to striker up an understanding (something we've not had since Miller and Boyd in 2010-2011)

I think Murty is clever but we are over-complicating things big style. It doesn't take a blind man to see our central midfield is weak with zero presence. 

Right or left midfielders don't need to be wingers. We've had Reyna, Albertz, Gio all play wide and do jobs and they weren't wingers. We need to get the numbers back into midfield and a forward 2 with an understanding. Forget this intricate 4-2-3-1 pish.