Roberto Martinez

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Yup the same season he took them down. Almost did the same to Everton too, dunno how long he’s gonna keep living off that FA cup tbh.

I rate him. I think he'd have the sort of the effect  Brenda has over the city.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

The things people are criticising him for could easily have beeen applied to Rodgers before he went to them tbf

And Clarke before Kilmarnock. Who apparently we must hire now. 

Or how about when McInnes was our must hire guy.

Or how about giving Murty a shot because he won 7 games in a row. 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

He’s not what we need, I’d like a manager that can come in and make us hard to beat he’s not that man.

All about preference mate. 433 high pressing football I love attacking football and will take that over a scrappy approach any time its a choice.

Thats the style that I believe brings a club more success going forward 

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Think he was in the same class as Warburton when they were doing the  defensive coaching courses....

Yeah , had both Wigan & Everton playing some decent stuff at times but never seemed to grasp that possession and pretty triangles mean fuck all without an end product . As I said , It would show some ambition from the board if true and I welcome that , but I'm not sure I could go listening to more press conferences telling us that we had 60% possession and we will learn from another bad result an go again next week :lol: IMO we need someone more pragmatic who can get the players digging out ugly 1-0 wins when we've been shit and looked second best .  

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

All about preference mate. 433 high pressing football I love attacking football and will take that over a scrappy approach any time its a choice.

Thats the style that I believe brings a club more success going forward 

Not with our budget, for fast attacking football you need good players to play that system we don’t have the money for those players, we need a results guy I’d love Neil Warnock but that’s a pipe dream sadly.

2 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Yeah , had both Wigan & Everton playing some decent stuff at times but never seemed to grasp that possession and pretty triangles mean fuck all without an end product . As I said , It would show some ambition from the board if true and I welcome that , but I'm not sure I could go listening to more press conferences telling us that we had 60% possession and we will learn from another bad result an go again next week :lol:IMO we need someone more pragmatic who can get the players digging out ugly 1-0 wins when we've been shit and looked second best .  

You just no the threads will be waiting tho for the winter time when we have just won 3-4 games 1-0 about how shit we are! FFS we had someone a few week ago slating Walter Smith for it. 

Can’t see it but if he did get the job I wouldn’t write him off because of his record in the Premiership, he was up against another level of manager and player down there. You just have to look at Rodgers and Clarke to see how much easier it is up here.

3 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Yeah , had both Wigan & Everton playing some decent stuff at times but never seemed to grasp that possession and pretty triangles mean fuck all without an end product . As I said , It would show some ambition from the board if true and I welcome that , but I'm not sure I could go listening to more press conferences telling us that we had 60% possession and we will learn from another bad result an go again next week :lol: IMO we need someone more pragmatic who can get the players digging out ugly 1-0 wins when we've been shit and looked second best .  

Exactly.

Tantalising mix, but I think we might end up with too many weeks like we’be just had!

You just no the threads will be waiting tho for the winter time when we have just won 3-4 games 1-0 about how shit we are! FFS we had someone a few week ago slating Walter Smith for it. 

Aye but that guy is a mongo who criticises Windass for scoring goals using his pace to get in behind

13 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

And Clarke before Kilmarnock. Who apparently we must hire now. 

Or how about when McInnes was our must hire guy.

Or how about giving Murty a shot because he won 7 games in a row. 

Because Murty helped match a Home defeat record that’s stood for a century?

I totally agree mate , I'm one who still believes that Walter could have done more in his first spell considering the resources available to him at the time but can see that Walter  got results and at the end of the day that's what we need right now . Rangers fans have always been hard to please but that's one of the factors that have made us what we are .

Wouldn't put it past us to sign him up, right before he fucks up a World Cup with one of the most talented squads there!

Maybe slumming it here will be a relief, having to find some self-confidence in players rather than deal with big egos again.