Where Murty record is compared with his predecessors

The Dude

All those stats say to me is that we're easily beat under Murty. Losing a game every 3 and a bit games.

Not all his fault as were looking at the worst defence in our top flight history, 

Only Walters loss rate is comparible.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Murtys stats will be misleading as they will include the games that he was temp manager last season will they not? 

Walters also include when he was temporary manager. He was in the dugout as manager for them so I’ve counted them. 

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I posted similar after 20 games comparing Murty's record with Walter Smith. Someone asked this morning where it stands now so I've compiled their records after 29 (how many Murty has managed) and added McLeish, Souness and Advocaat in to see just where he should be performing.

Murty - P29 W19 D2 L8

Souness - P29 W20 D4 L5

Smith - P29 W18 D4 L7

Advocaat - P29 W18 D8 L3

McLeish - P29 W21 D6 L2

(Includes any competitive game they are listed as manager on here)

So is it your opinion that his record is comparable? Or do we have to factor in what the rest of the league was like when each manager was there?

12 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Dig into more detail with those stats and you see the major issues. The majority of those loses for murty have been at home. Teams don't fear coming to ibrox anymore.

honest mate thats not murtys fault. that goes way back to the championship season. cant blame murty for that. yea hes not fixed it but its not his fault thats gone.

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

So is it your opinion that his record is comparable? Or do we have to factor in what the rest of the league was like when each manager was there?

My opinion is that his results are, yes. I'd argue we are in a weaker starting position today than we were under any of the others named. We're much closer to the rest - and further behind celtic - than arguably any point since Souness took over.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We crashed to our seventh home defeat in the league for the first time in 103 years yesterday. Will no doubt add to the shame of that state before seasons end. 

That's 21 points, enough to have won us the league, instead we are getting ripped a new arse at home by any team that that can counter attack.

Murty is elastoplast  on a broken leg. Not the long  term answer. It's vital we get a seasoned manager in. 

We did that with Advocaat and after the same number of games (and nearly £30m on transfers) he won fewer games. John Hughes is a seasoned manager ffs, would he fit the bill?

8 minutes ago, Rumblepack said:

honest mate thats not murtys fault. that goes way back to the championship season. cant blame murty for that. yea hes not fixed it but its not his fault thats gone.

I'd say it goes back further than that . 

It is , however ,  something that has to be sorted if we have any aspirations of challenging for the title . If Murty can't sort it , we need someone who can . 

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I posted similar after 20 games comparing Murty's record with Walter Smith. Someone asked this morning where it stands now so I've compiled their records after 29 (how many Murty has managed) and added McLeish, Souness and Advocaat in to see just where he should be performing.

Murty - P29 W19 D2 L8

Souness - P29 W20 D4 L5

Smith - P29 W18 D4 L7

Advocaat - P29 W18 D8 L3

McLeish - P29 W21 D6 L2

(Includes any competitive game they are listed as manager on here)

Interesting that in recent times we had many managers that won the title in their first season . Just off the top of my head , but I reckon you must be going back to Jock Wallace back in 1972/73 who didn't , but then went on to do so .