Michel Preud'homme

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I was banging the drum for him as well but  never realised he extended his Cardiff contract for two years a fortnight ago,

The only reason I say it is because he’s said he doesn’t want to manage in the EPL because of where it’s going with all the money etc. 

If we were willing to pay £1 mill for McInnes we should be looking at Warnock IMO

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The only reason I say it is because he’s said he doesn’t want to manage in the EPL because of where it’s going with all the money etc. 

If we were willing to pay £1 mill for McInnes we should be looking at Warnock IMO

He is manager of 2nd top of the league Cardiff who are in an automatic promotion spot and he signed a two year contract extension a few weeks ago.

I think he has just changed his mind.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When we were after McInnes the overwhelming sentiment on here was that we needed a British manager, proven in Scotland, a safe pair of hands that could achieve things in a budget.  Has all that changed since McInnes knocked us back?

Not from me, I stated again and again the case for MPH. There was limited support for MPH while a large amount of posters wanked over DM.

tOo late 

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Preud’homme, 58, left Brugge in May after almost four years there. He said at the time: “I leave Club Brugge with the very best feeling. Over four years, I have achieved good results with this club and we can be proud of the work delivered. But after 40 uninterrupted seasons in football, I feel like I need a rest. “If I was ten years younger, I would never leave this club, but now I want to rest for an indefinite period.” But although Brugge allowed him to quit, he is technically still under contract with the club. They put a clause in his contract that ensures any club or country that wants to hire him as manager must pay up the rest of his contract. Preud’homme said last week: “I’m still under contract with Brugge for two more years. “They do not pay me now because I had a clause stipulating that I could stop if I wanted to. But if I want to go to a new club or country, they would have to negotiate with Club Brugge. “There is cash compensation required for me to leave the contract.” 

Thanks, for some reason I missed that.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Preud’homme, 58, left Brugge in May after almost four years there. He said at the time: “I leave Club Brugge with the very best feeling. Over four years, I have achieved good results with this club and we can be proud of the work delivered. But after 40 uninterrupted seasons in football, I feel like I need a rest. “If I was ten years younger, I would never leave this club, but now I want to rest for an indefinite period.” But although Brugge allowed him to quit, he is technically still under contract with the club. They put a clause in his contract that ensures any club or country that wants to hire him as manager must pay up the rest of his contract. Preud’homme said last week: “I’m still under contract with Brugge for two more years. “They do not pay me now because I had a clause stipulating that I could stop if I wanted to. But if I want to go to a new club or country, they would have to negotiate with Club Brugge. “There is cash compensation required for me to leave the contract.” 

It does beg the question, if he walked in to Club Brugge and said he wanted to manage them again, would they have to take him, start paying his wages again and what do they do with the incumbent manager? This clause may not be as water tight as it first appears.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Is he still out of work? if so, why?

He is very clear that he wanted a long break from football. Apparently clubs have approached him and he has refused them and is now being talked up as the next Belgium manager(paper talk nothing from him) but he has been very none committal about that. Rangers is the only club that I can find that he has thrown his hat into the ring with. Apparently he likes us :ohmy:

Just now, ZZed said:

He is very clear that he wanted a long break from football. Apparently clubs have approached him and he has refused them and is now being talked up as the next Belgium managers but he has been very none committal about that. Rangers is the only club that I can find that he has thrown his hat into the ring with. Apparently he likes us :ohmy:

That's fair enough then. I just wanted to know the reason he was out of work still but if it's his choice then that puts a different spin on it.

Good CV and a good coach going on his achievements unsure if he's the right fit for us and if it would still be a bit of a gamble, but part of me also saying fuck it, why not? everyone since and including McCoist have been gambles - another one by the law of averages we should be due to get right.

That's how bad it's got.

4 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Shows how desperate we were that we were begging for him, who nobody knows a single thing about or else McInnes 

Actually I known about him for a while, always thought he would turn up in the EPL somewhere. One of those people with a funny name that kind of stick in your mind and they pop up in the news every now and then.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s been said already, if he was deemed not wanted in favour of an U20’s stand in, why would he work for that shower in the Director Box now. 

It counts for nothing in football mate as many players and managers have ended up at clubs they have rejected or been rejected by. If the wages are right for both parties then anything thatscwent on before is water under the bridge

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

If? He won't not a chance in hell Murty will get the job , yes liked him at the time but Stevie Clarke is already doing it hear and now and going from strength to strength, he should be our no1 target after what he has achieved at Killie 

We need to be aiming higher than Steve Clark in my opinion.

you can’t hire on manager because he’s had a good 6 month at killie 

25 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Who do you suggest then?

Hand on heart I honestly don’t know. But folk suggesting Martin Jol, Warnock, and we’ve had Alan Pardew, Moyes, Allardyce etc, all totally depressing and none of them are going to be the man to hand Brenda’s arse to him. It’s not my job to find the next manager, but we’ve had a bag of shit since 2012 and none of the names above are going to change that. 

3 minutes ago, Voicey said:

Hand on heart I honestly don’t know. But folk suggesting Martin Jol, Warnock, and we’ve had Alan Pardew, Moyes, Allardyce etc, all totally depressing and none of them are going to be the man to hand Brenda’s arse to him. It’s not my job to find the next manager, but we’ve had a bag of shit since 2012 and none of the names above are going to change that. 

Any one of those names would improve us right now.