Michel Preud'homme

KeyserSoze

4 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Mate i would take ugly short term shit the now. We need a manager.

I know mate I totally agree, but the next choice of manager has to be 100% right, we’re running out of time to stop the filth and we can’t keep making these crazy manager decisions. I’d hate to think that Dave King could read these forums and think that we actually want some of these guys as our next manager. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve not. 

Please don’t follow this up with a Steve Clarke post - please

I never mentioned you personally.  I said "the overwhelming sentiment on here was that we needed a British manager, proven in Scotland, a safe pair of hands that could achieve things in a budget" - And it was.

It seems now the appetite is to take another punt on a guy from abroad, who has no experience of British football, and by his own admission wants a break from the game.  If he did come in and fail we'd be getting told how these foreign managers don't understand the physical nature of our league, the speed, or the high intensity of it again.  We never learn.

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

So fucking what who cares how we’re playing as long as we’re winning games

Yes agreed. We’d win games. Short term. Every single one of those names mentioned has skittered from club to club and won fuck all. Yes, they take over and there’s an initial run of good results, but inevitably it goes tits up. I’m not arguing with you, I want the same as you. 

2 minutes ago, Voicey said:

I’d hate to think that Dave King could read these forums and think that we actually want some of these guys as our next manager. 

Part of Mark Allen's role is to identify potential managers and take that to the board.  Mark Allen has the potential to be objective and select the best candidate but I worry the board will overlook that for a more popular choice that sells season tickets.  

Mark Allen has put in a great shift getting some of the loanees we now have and with some of the new longer contracts for the players. I hope he can continue the good work with a new manager in May. I’ll support the team regardless, as always. But we can’t afford any more cock ups. 

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Part of Mark Allen's role is to identify potential managers and take that to the board.  Mark Allen has the potential to be objective and select the best candidate but I worry the board will overlook that for a more popular choice that sells season tickets.  

Do you really think the fans need any incentive to buy season tickets? Serious question. It keeps coming up, but I don’t buy it. Fans will be gagging for next season whoever we have as manager. 

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

It counts for nothing in football mate as many players and managers have ended up at clubs they have rejected or been rejected by. If the wages are right for both parties then anything thatscwent on before is water under the bridge

A bit different not getting a job over another experienced manager. But for the board to think so little of you that they would rather let the U20’s coach manage the team. 

42 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

A bit different not getting a job over another experienced manager. But for the board to think so little of you that they would rather let the U20’s coach manage the team. 

It can be passed off easily to financial problems. We are a top club and many good managers would want to be the man to awaken the sleeping giant and become a legend,

If we offered the guy the post he wouldn’t tell up to shove it as he sees an opportunity and wouldn’t give a shit that we gave the job before tovan under 20 coach, if we had done it by bringing in an outsider then he may have been pissed off , even then it would have no bearing on the job in hand

54 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Do you really think the fans need any incentive to buy season tickets? Serious question. It keeps coming up, but I don’t buy it. Fans will be gagging for next season whoever we have as manager. 

Big names get people excited and spending money.  It can be either a manager or player but yes I'm pretty certain it helps.

8 minutes ago, piperpete said:

It can be passed off easily to financial problems. We are a top club and many good managers would want to be the man to awaken the sleeping giant and become a legend,

If we offered the guy the post he wouldn’t tell up to shove it as he sees an opportunity and wouldn’t give a shit that we gave the job before tovan under 20 coach, if we had done it by bringing in an outsider then he may have been pissed off , even then it would have no bearing on the job in hand

If we have many good managers wanting the job why can’t the suits pick one. 

What would folk think if FDB got it ? I know he was poor at Inter and Palace but was good with Ajax and the dutch league is more similar to ours that Serie A and the Prem. Who knows what this board are thinking Robertson said Murty was doing a good job when he got given the job to the end of the season I know he has improved since then but he wasn’t doing a good job at the time he was appointed. This board have appointed Warburton,Caixinha and Murty so don’t know where they are going to go with this one. 

2 hours ago, piperpete said:

It counts for nothing in football mate as many players and managers have ended up at clubs they have rejected or been rejected by. If the wages are right for both parties then anything thatscwent on before is water under the bridge

Interestingly, we could've had the chance to bring in McInnes after McCoist left.  I remember Spiers, of all people, making bold claims on twitter that he would've jumped at the managers job then.  We overlooked him in favour of Warburton and a few years later we go back in for McInnes and get shunned.  We can call McInnes a bottle merchant but maybe he was pissed off at being overlook prior.  The whole situation was very odd.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Interestingly, we could've had the chance to bring in McInnes after McCoist left.  I remember Spiers, of all people, making bold claims on twitter that he would've jumped at the managers job then.  We overlooked him in favour of Warburton and a few years later we go back in for McInnes and get shunned.  We can call McInnes a bottle merchant but maybe he was pissed off at being overlook prior.  The whole situation was very odd.

Thank fuck he went in the huff, was his problem not wanting to answer the a DOF over final say on targets ?

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

What would folk think if FDB got it ? 

He would probably cost a fortune in wages and fuck knows how much money he'd want made available for transfers.  I can't see us go down that route because of the level of spending involved. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He would probably cost a fortune in wages and fuck knows how much money he'd want made available for transfers.  I can't see us go down that route because of the level of spending involved. 

Yeah suppose you don’t know how much most managers want to spend. Appareantly he said to Sutton on BT sports a couple of weeks back that he would talk to us he was in the studio for a game (Chelsea v palace game a think) 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

If we advertised the job we would have 100+ applications it’s a very attractive job with some investment coming in the summer(allegedly) 

And my application would be one of them as it has been every time we needed a new Boss. Never had an interview , closed shop I would say