Michel Preud'homme

KeyserSoze

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

No chance.  Every team other than Rangers and celtic get parped out almost immediately.  I appreciate he's done a great job with Kilmarnock in the SPFL but he wont stay just because they've qualified for Europe.  They wouldn't have a chance of making it to the Europa group stages.  We'd be lucky to make it that far and we're spending ten times as much money if not more.

Yes he won’t get past that round but it’s Extra money and he might feel like he can challenge for a third place finish the next season. I think he might stay there tbh.

I've lost track, did Preud'homme previously apply? If yes, what mug would entertain a club who previously deemed him not to be "an outstanding candidate"?

Who else was also on this list of applicants who weren't deemed to be good enough so we can rule them out too?

If Murty doesn't get it, who do people think will be on the board's list right now?

6 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If Murty doesn't get it, who do people think will be on the board's list right now?

No names specifically, but this is what Mark Allen said about the process back in December...

Q. But what about when it comes to choosing a new manager. How big a role does the director of football play in that?

A. I play a part, of course, in terms of presenting to the board. I link the football to the boardroom. I have to understand what they’re looking for.

I have to identify the different routes the board could go down – whether it’s someone with a Scottish heritage, a traditional name or a young up-and-coming coach.

Q. So can you understand fans asking why it has taken eight weeks to come to the decision of appointing Graeme?

A. As director of football I put a number of strategies forward.

Ultimately it’s for the board to decide which direction they want to go down. My job is to pursue that in the best way I can to bring those people to the table.

Q. Is it helpful that you at least now have a manager in Graeme who is charge until the end of the season?

A. If I’m saying that the manager has the final say on things, you need a manager to make those decisions.

I wouldn’t want to be the person making a decision on a player coming without a manager in place. So it’s important from that perspective, definitely.

Q. Was it you who recommended Graeme in the end?

A. I went back to the board and asked which strategy we were going to go for.

The board decided which direction they were going to go in and Graeme was the obvious candidate.

He has certainly helped himself by his performance as interim manager.

Q. Have you spoken to any other managers about the job since Derek McInnes said no?

A. I need to keep a number of things bubbling in the background as potential opportunities. I wouldn’t say I’ve been speaking to other coaches but I’ve obviously been looking at other directions that we could go in –Graeme being one of them.

Q. When Pedro Caixinha was sacked did you submit a list of names and potential strategies to present to the board?

A. Yes, I had a list within two days. In an ideal world you would like it to be something that happens very quickly, seamlessly.

But when you are confronted with different obstacles it’s not as easy to do those things very quickly.

Given the focus on recruitment of Scottish players I'd be surprised if went with anyone who doesn't have a strong working knowledge of Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No names specifically, but this is what Mark Allen said about the process back in December...

Q. But what about when it comes to choosing a new manager. How big a role does the director of football play in that?

A. I play a part, of course, in terms of presenting to the board. I link the football to the boardroom. I have to understand what they’re looking for.

I have to identify the different routes the board could go down – whether it’s someone with a Scottish heritage, a traditional name or a young up-and-coming coach.

Q. So can you understand fans asking why it has taken eight weeks to come to the decision of appointing Graeme?

A. As director of football I put a number of strategies forward.

Ultimately it’s for the board to decide which direction they want to go down. My job is to pursue that in the best way I can to bring those people to the table.

Q. Is it helpful that you at least now have a manager in Graeme who is charge until the end of the season?

A. If I’m saying that the manager has the final say on things, you need a manager to make those decisions.

I wouldn’t want to be the person making a decision on a player coming without a manager in place. So it’s important from that perspective, definitely.

Q. Was it you who recommended Graeme in the end?

A. I went back to the board and asked which strategy we were going to go for.

The board decided which direction they were going to go in and Graeme was the obvious candidate.

He has certainly helped himself by his performance as interim manager.

Q. Have you spoken to any other managers about the job since Derek McInnes said no?

A. I need to keep a number of things bubbling in the background as potential opportunities. I wouldn’t say I’ve been speaking to other coaches but I’ve obviously been looking at other directions that we could go in –Graeme being one of them.

Q. When Pedro Caixinha was sacked did you submit a list of names and potential strategies to present to the board?

A. Yes, I had a list within two days. In an ideal world you would like it to be something that happens very quickly, seamlessly.

But when you are confronted with different obstacles it’s not as easy to do those things very quickly.

Given the focus on recruitment of Scottish players I'd be surprised if went with anyone who doesn't have a strong working knowledge of Scottish football.

Remember reading this interview and being frustrated when he confirmed he a had a shortlist within two days. Yet it took our dithering board 6-8 weeks to make a move.

I would also be surprised if it wasn't someone with some knowledge of Scottish football.

But he said the board decide which direction we are going to go in. This board change there minds so much I wouldn't be surprised if the criteria has changed.

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Remember reading this interview and being frustrated when he confirmed he a had a shortlist within two days. Yet it took our dithering board 6-8 weeks to make a move.

I would also be surprised if it wasn't someone with some knowledge of Scottish football.

But he said the board decide which direction we are going to go in. This board change there minds so much I wouldn't be surprised if the criteria has changed.

After Pedro I'm pretty sure the direction will have changed.

I reckon MA will have again compiled the list of candidates, he's certainly had enough time.

So it's down to the Board to be clear in the direction, and find the wages to get the right guy.

If it's another deja vu fuck up then imo an EGM would be the last resort or games a bogey and distant 2nd at best is our future whilst crowds dwindle. Absolutely last chance saloon.

34 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

After Pedro I'm pretty sure the direction will have changed.

I reckon MA will have again compiled the list of candidates, he's certainly had enough time.

So it's down to the Board to be clear in the direction, and find the wages to get the right guy.

If it's another deja vu fuck up then imo an EGM would be the last resort or games a bogey and distant 2nd at best is our future whilst crowds dwindle. Absolutely last chance saloon.

It was clear from the mciness approach the board wanted someone with Scottish football knowledge. I can't imagine it's deviated hugely from that but never know with this board.

The board need to confirm the manager's position soon. The uncertainty isn't good for the club.

It's been said before but the next appointment is vital. They are going to be chasing 8 next season and there's little room for error.

We have already lost too much ground with the recent appointments setting us back. It's annoying because they are not as strong as they would like people to believe. They have hardly had to spend money due to our constant mistakes giving them a free run.

EGM would be a last resort but it's going to gain traction if the board continue to fail to deliver.

If you guys has to draw up a shortlist of say 5 managers for next season. Who would be on it?

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It was clear from the mciness approach the board wanted someone with Scottish football knowledge. I can't imagine it's deviated hugely from that but never know with this board.

The board need to confirm the manager's position soon. The uncertainty isn't good for the club.

It's been said before but the next appointment is vital. They are going to be chasing 8 next season and there's little room for error.

We have already lost too much ground with the recent appointments setting us back. It's annoying because they are not as strong as they would like people to believe. They have hardly had to spend money due to our constant mistakes giving them a free run.

EGM would be a last resort but it's going to gain traction if the board continue to fail to deliver.

If you guys has to draw up a shortlist of say 5 managers for next season. Who would be on it?

Depends which direction. And how much we can afford.

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The appointment in the season starting of Pedros appointment was vital, now it’s getting desperate.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They had to wait for Caixinha finding a new job and getting him off the payroll before they could do anything. 

PC got he Cruz Azul job and McInnes was contacted that night, coincidence? i think not.

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

They had to wait for Caixinha finding a new job and getting him off the payroll before they could do anything. 

PC got he Cruz Azul job and McInnes was contacted that night, coincidence? i think not.

Very good point. I don't believe in coincidence either.

At that point I don't know why the board still wanted McInnes. Murty had beaten him twice. I still wonder if it was just to destabilize the sheep. There form went to hell during that period.  

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Very good point. I don't believe in coincidence either.

At that point I don't know why the board still wanted McInnes. Murty had beaten him twice. I still wonder if it was just to destabilize the sheep. There form went to hell during that period.  

Not sure if they would go all through that to destabilise them I think they really did want him. Would have been a lazy appointment with no imagination sounds right up the boards street.

Dread to think who we'll go for next, pray that these Martinez rumours are just that. 

48 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Not sure if they would go all through that to destabilise them I think they really did want him. Would have been a lazy appointment with no imagination sounds right up the boards street.

Dread to think who we'll go for next, pray that these Martinez rumours are just that. 

I can't see there be any truth to the Martinez rumors myself. With him managing in the world cup he won't be available until July at the earliest. If we go for a new manager we need someone in place sooner to prepare for europe.

39 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If I had a 5 man shortlist it would go in order 

Neil Warnock 

Harry Redknapp

FDB

MPH

Mark Hughes

Mines is in order based on what I think is realistic:

Steve Clarke

Nigel Pearson

MPH

Neil Warnock