This summers rebuild mk5

K.A.I

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Changed that.

From where I sit, we don't just need major changes in personnel, we need renewed. Rediscover who and WTF we are. Get the pride and the standards back. We've fucking played at it the last few years and we are an embarassment from top to bottom with this board of no integrity and no shame.

We need to get rid of what was broken from MW time, hence Wes and Tav. Wes is a no brainer, but as good as Tav is going forward, the weakness as a right back will will always remain. Bad enough it gets exploited in this backwater, but we talk Europe and we're just kiding ourselves on.

We need for once and for all to renew as THE Rangers, not some fucking kiddy on crew masquerading in blue jerseys. Every season it's fucking makeshift with those who should never be near the jersey.

Then the need for a manager. Someone with a track record of actually fucking winnng something

We do it at the end of this season, or forever be a diddy club with this board in charge and we then forever hold our tongues and accept our lot, as the level of whinging and hypocrisy is now of nuclear proportions and fucking embarassingly pointless.

The chance for change is now, but no doubt, silence in appeasement of this board will win the day. I can but only hope, that they have had enough as they realise they can afford us no more and the Close Bris loan I hope is a sign from God that they are on their way out!

I agree with rediscovering who we are but we need talented players to do it with - these guys are not winners, they have no heart or backbone - it’s a gathered together bunch of cheapies with some of them that happen to be Rangers supporters. It’s nowhere near enough we’ve lost far too many games that stat doesn’t lie.

Just now, chris182 said:

That list made me realise how many midfielders we have missing to injury. Rotten luck.

Agree with most of that, incl Fod. I can’t help but think we may struggle to find buyers for the likes of Cardoso, Herrera, Pena. 

If we struggle to find buyers then we need to reach a deal that suits both us and the players financially and get them off the wagebill especially Pena - he’s toxic the fat taco bender bastard 

37 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

We will never get anywhere as long as we're signing players like John and candieas on long term deals, not the calibre of player to beat the scum

I think that’s a bit harsh on Candieas, one of our only consistent performers and valuable for the assist opportunities he provides

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

No idea. I'm forever getting it rammed down my throat on here that we need to ask for top dollar for our players.

I think on his day we could get 2 or 3-million for him but we would have to cash in while he's on form. 

Who is going to pay that for him?

He's not EPL standard although maybe a number 2 somewhere or a championship club.

I'd be over the moon if we got that though

1 minute ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Who is going to pay that for him?

He's not EPL standard although maybe a number 2 somewhere or a championship club.

I'd be over the moon if we got that though

I don't know? if you noticed in my op I said "IF" not that we could easily command that cash. It was a hypothetical. 

For the first time in a long time we don't need a major rebuild. We need 3 quality first team players rather than 8 or 9. The squads fine it just needs some extra  quality in a couple of positions one of which must be a real leader I.e a Gough/Ferguson mentality wise.

1 minute ago, dougal72 said:

For the first time in a long time we don't need a major rebuild. We need 3 quality first team players rather than 8 or 9. The squads fine it just needs some extra  quality in a couple of positions one of which must be a real leader I.e a Gough/Ferguson mentality wise.

So what does one quality player cost?

Then where do we get the money.

What's left after we pay the balance of Pedro's wasters, Docherty, the loan and a bit stashed away for the gaps in cash flow, there isn't much left!

9 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

We need to get a lot of bodies out though and they will need replaced. The 3/4 bits of quality are for the first team outright but we will need to beef up again and give us decent options. It's more of a task than a few believe in all honesty. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

So what does one quality player cost?

Then where do we get the money.

What's left after we pay the balance of Pedro's wasters, Docherty, the loan and a bit stashed away for the gaps in cash flow, there isn't much left!

Yeah but he's only saying what needs to happen not what actually will happen.

I can tell you right now what I think will happen - more loans, more signings like Docherty ... Allen will get applauded from the roof tops because we are guilty of convincing ourselves that every signing is fucking magic ... then when they have 3 good games at the start of their career the threads will be up everywhere saying we are on the right track, credit to the board, the manager and Mark Allen and then fail our first big test against the fenians or something and gradually find ourselves in a fight for second again. That's all that will ever happen under this board until we get proper investment.

I do not think this investment will happen. We will be happy deluding ourselves again until another season is wrote off.

But my point is, in reference to your quoted post to him - if we can only talk about what will happen rather than what needs to happen then it would be a pretty quiet, sometimes morbid forum to be part of.

Foderingham - Sell and replace.  I think he is vastly over rated.
Alnwick - Keep as backup.

Tav - Keep
John - Keep
Cardoso - Sell.
Alves - Sell/Release
Bates - Keep
Hodson - Sell/Release
Martin - No thanks
Wallace - Keep

Holt - Keep
Docherty - Keep
Halliday - Sell / Release
Goss - Keep albeit unlikely.
Dorrans - Keep
McCrorie - Keep
Candaies - Keep
Murphy - Keep
Windass - Sell
Rossiter - Sell/Release
Krancjer - Release
O'Halloran - Sell
Dalcio - Release
Jack - Keep
Forrester - Sell
Barjonas - Keen (loan)
Thompson - Release
Pena - Sell

Dodoo - Sell
Miller - Keep
Cummings - Keep
Morelos - Keep but sell if a big offer comes in.
Hardie - Release.  Deserves to build his career.
Hererra - Sell

I think we have a decent squad but it lacks a few positions which I hope we deal with in the summer.  Manager wise will be huge in what we do though.

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

So for me, going through the positions:

Goalkeeper - Foderingham is far from perfect and hasn't been great especially the last few weeks, but I think we'd find it hard to find any better without spending a fortune. Not a massive problem area at the moment so I'd keep him.

Defence - we need two really decent centre halves for me and I'd keep Bates and Martin (if he signs permanently) as back up. Get Alves to fuck. Unless the opposition are just pinging high balls in to the box he's an absolute bomb scare. Get rid of Cardoso too. Tavernier is much improved defensively despite being shaky the last few games. With John for me again I think we'd struggle to get any better without spending a fortune. 

Midfield - I'd like to see us going in to next season with a group of hard working midfielders who can tackle and also have some creativity about them. I think Docherty, Dorrans, Murphy and Candeias fit that mould and McCrorie is probably the best defensive midfielder we have. If Windass can keep his discipline and stay up the park, hopefully with these guys playing behind him being a help, he can do that. A couple of more midfielders like I've described for squad depth would be ideal. 

Strikers - really torn on Morelos. I'd expect us to get plenty of offers in the summer (maybe not as high as the Chinese were offering previously mind you) so it's a tough one deciding to stick or twist. If we get any offers over £7m we should think about selling and helping to improve the squad as a whole. That being said I'd like to see him and Cummings playing together regularly if we can find a system to cater for this. I'd be absolutely baffled if Herrera, Miller and Hardie are still here next season. 

The most important signing this summer, however, will be the manager. Murty just doesn't have enough for me and has proven too many times that he cannot cope against other competent experienced managers. My faith is severely lacking in this board to get it right, but they're not stupid and will know that some fans aren't going to continue parting with their hard earned cash to witness the same pathetic shite year after year. 

Much better assessment than the OP.  I'd not take up any option on Cummings. 

We need to be realistic about rebuilding- we have no money.

Btw the people saying not a rebuild needed, we still need to sign Murphy and Cummings remember ... Martin and Goss are on loan who might go back ... Wallace and Miller are at that age they won't feature ... Nico's contract is up, Alves will probably be away, Cardoso and Hodson were actively transfer listed in January there ... Morelos could be sold, Halliday is is suprlus, O'Halloran hasn't featured, Forrester and Dodoo have no futures.... Rossiter won't play for us again IMO ... when you sit and think about it a lot will have to be stripped back and added to. As I said earlier the 3/4 signings of quality I agree with but that's just for our ideal starting XI we need to get rid and add and awful lot.

4 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Much better assessment than the OP.  I'd not take up any option on Cummings. 

We need to be realistic about rebuilding- we have no money.

and you need to realise we are talking hypothetically about what we need - not what we think will happen. There's a difference. My OP is idealist and if we had decent cash to spend. I think if we are honest with ourselves we know exactly what will happen - loans, SPL signings etc

i was on holiday last week in costa del sol and went to see malaga v barca    i know malaga are poor bottom of league and will be relagated but as i watched barca   the 2 players who stuck out for me  apart from the usual  messi sauraz coutinho etc  was the centre half pique and the centre midfielder bosquets

these 2 guys controlled the game  i know  we are not in that league  but a strong commanding centre  half  and a midfieldeer who covers the defence and starts all the attacks are exactly what we need     

where we get them i dont know but that should be our first priority                                                                                         mret half

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and you need to realise we are talking hypothetically about what we need - not what we think will happen. There's a difference. My OP is idealist and if we had decent cash to spend. I think if we are honest with ourselves we know exactly what will happen - loans, SPL signings etc

Hypothetically i wouldn't keep many at all. Docherty would be one.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

After the last couple of weeks going from another massive false dawn, looking at the squad we've got then who stay's/go's/we cash in on/we release and who get's a stay of execution?

For me :

Foderingham - Look to cash in on. If we can get a few million in for him to help with our rebuild then I'm all for it.
Alnwick - Keep him for back-up if he's happy enough to continue and play his part.

Tav - Don't think we could afford a massive upgrade. Defensively lacking, but he's improved with Candaies playing in front of him. Keep.
John - We need to spend cash on a proper left-back, but I'd keep him as a squad option in reserve.
Cardoso - Sell. If we can claw back a couple of hundred grand and get him off the wage bill I'd be delighted.
Alves - Not played a lot, not been bad but not been great either. I think his times up at 35 and save us about 20k per week. Let him go.
Bates - Average defender but OK as back-up. Keep.
Hodson - Just release him and be done with it.
Martin - If he's willing to join permanently for free then I'd take him even if it's an under-whelming signing.
Wallace - Release him. Good servant but he's another decent earner we don't need. Goes with my best wishes.

Holt - Retain as squad option only.
Docherty - Retain as squad option.
Halliday - Release. No future.
Goss - Send straight back to QPR.
Dorrans - Second chance to show us what he can do injury free and in a proper formation/system.
McCrorie - A mainstay and future captain. 
Candaies - One of the first names on the teamsheet currently. 
Murphy - Get him signed.
Windass - Happy to keep hold of him although his consistency levels need to improve dramatically. 
Rossiter - Release. No future. Save about 18k per week in wages.
Krancjer - Contract up. Save about 15k per week in wages.
O'Halloran - No future. Try and get a couple of hundred grand from him off a Hearts, Motherwell or Aberdeen. 
Dalcio - Return to parent club. 
Jack - Retain as a squad option. 
Forrester - See if an English club wants to pick up his contract. Talented but no heart and bad attitude. 
Barjonas - Not keen on him but maybe a loan out would benefit him best.
Thompson - He's had several loans and came back and looked no nearer a first team player. Release. 
Pena - Tricky one. He had some talent, but he's on 26k per-week and due to his antics with the shorts he should never kick another ball for us. Looks like he won't be kept on in Mexico after his loan maybe an expensive parting of ways on the cards, sadly. 

Dodoo - See if an English club wants to pick up his contract, if not come to an arrangement that suits us both financially.
Miller - Similar to Wallace he's been a good service but release him.
Cummings - Sign him up.
Morelos - Anything over 7/8-million then sell to finance the rebuild.
Hardie - Awesome player for the youths/reserves but never looked ready for first team duties at all. Maybe a mental thing, but probably fair to let him go elsewhere for good of his career. 
Hererra - Got to the stage he's so far out of the picture we'd be daft not to take several hundred grand and about 10k per week in wages off our budget. 

I was wrong about so many of these guys. Before the celtic game I had real hope. I thought they had the talent but wasn't sure about the character and mentality of them. I was taken in too.

As we embark on something like our 6th rebuild in as many years, who would you keep/sell/cash in on and/or loan out?

We need 1 top class centre half.
A capable left-back.
1 maybe 2 central midfielders (depends on how Dorrans and McCrorie slot back in)
1 maybe 2 strikers.

and above all people with the right mentality and balls to play for our club. Winners. 

It's scary looking at that squad list how little some of them contribute and how much some of the non-performers cost us. 

Out of that list, I counted 20 out of 34 that I would be looking to get rid of. Sad days. You are right we need a rebuild again some of those mentioned are make do's but that's all they are only 4 that I think are Rangers first team. We need to get the right manager in place before any rebuild. He then gives Allen a list of what is required and Allen finds the options to be considered. We really need to get our manager fixed properly then we can rebuild correctly instead of the make do's we have now.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

2 weeks is a long time in football. At Rangers or the celtic you are only as good as your last game and a couple of defeats from a crisis.

These players punched above their weight or maybe just papered over the cracks the last 6-games prior to the celtic match. They have been found out big time as has Murty who can't change anything and fails to learn lessons from his mistakes. I was taken in too. I won't make that mistake again.

You probably will. We all do.